KeyserSoze

Fernando now claiming COVID “prevented Guns from releasing new material”

4 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

27 Rock and metal bands working on new albums during quarantine

And as many have pointed out so will GNR be, so what's your point?

What a great time to finish up an album.  No commitments and all the time and money anyone could ask for.  Of course, this may make sense and GnR would never thing about doing that.  

1 hour ago, yourcrazy said:

What a great time to finish up an album.  No commitments and all the time and money anyone could ask for.  Of course, this may make sense and GnR would never thing about doing that.  

I don't know about that.  It takes a lot of people to get an album together.  With the covid restrictions can they do that?  GNR has been supporting their crew while they have been unable to work and they had laid out all that cash to get a tour rolling that was stopped before the money started rolling in.

Then again, I believe the album was just about ready to drop before all this happen.  It's all about timing and album support at this point and none of that is going to happen until the industry can figure out how they are going to make money in the new normal.

It's hard to know how to play a hand when you've never played the game before.  Hard to gamble your available money away when there's so little of it and bills have to be paid.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cineater said:

It's hard to know how to play a hand when you've never played the game before.  Hard to gamble your available money away when there's so little of it and bills have to be paid.

Didn't they make Appetite for like $100k? And it was their best album. This isn't a money problem, it's lack of motivation and inspiration. 

10 minutes ago, Janabis said:

Didn't they make Appetite for like $100k? And it was their best album. This isn't a money problem, it's lack of motivation and inspiration. 

It’s not that simple. They get an advance on what they sell or now stream.  Generally the longer you’re under contract, the higher that number gets for each album. It’s all pre determined in the contract. That of course can be renegotiated 

It’s up to both the band and the label to determine what maximizes their odds of not only recouping that cost but to maximize its revenue. Other artists have released stuff during this time. However that doesn’t mean there’s the same risk involved, or that they view a Guns album in the same light on how it would perform comparatively 

On 5/21/2020 at 2:46 AM, GnR Chris said:

All of this is so goddamn GNR. Their Nightrain forum would be a perfect place to have AMAs with band members or management. But instead it's a barren wasteland. A second version of GNR Truth, with Mojo creating and moderating all the posts as if he's an actual moderator.

TB is so delusional it's absolutely ridiculous.

Seriously? Mojo posts to himself on the Nightrain forum too?!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, guitarpatch said:

It’s not that simple. They get an advance on what they sell or now stream.  Generally the longer you’re under contract, the higher that number gets for each album. It’s all pre determined in the contract. That of course can be renegotiated 

It’s up to both the band and the label to determine what maximizes their odds of not only recouping that cost but to maximize its revenue. Other artists have released stuff during this time. However that doesn’t mean there’s the same risk involved, or that they view a Guns album in the same light on how it would perform comparatively 

It's not simple and it's not the old formulas for what works today.  $100,000 back in the 80's is not what it is today.

I didn't read what Fernando said but if he said Covid prevented GNR from releasing new material, I'm reading into that GNR had new material to release.  So the only thing for us to do at this point is hope somebody fucks up and it leaks.  I mean, I'll wait for it to be released. :lol:

On 5/18/2020 at 11:40 AM, soon said:

Oddly it didn’t prevent them from playing Mexico.

I mean, the pandemic could have prevented the planned rollout for new music? Did he get any more specific then that?

Yeah, and Ghost played Mexico too. Meanwhile, Mexico is suffereing badly with so many people getting sick and dying from the virus.

I was surprised that GNR and Ghost played such a huge concert? By then China had the virus and it was spreading all over Asia and Europe.

Who knows how many people got sick at these shows?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cineater said:

It's not simple and it's not the old formulas for what works today.  $100,000 back in the 80's is not what it is today.

I didn't read what Fernando said but if he said Covid prevented GNR from releasing new material, I'm reading into that GNR had new material to release.  So the only thing for us to do at this point is hope somebody fucks up and it leaks.  I mean, I'll wait for it to be released. :lol:

I think it’s also safe to say in the GNR universe that until the album is handed into the label and accepted for release, there’s no imminent chance of it happening. Moods/deadlines/plans all seem to change with the wind 

Edited by guitarpatch

Having the huge fanbase they have, GN'R shouldn't need a deal with any  external label. Any decent management would find a way to make a lot more profit as an independent label and having a more direct approach to the fanbase relationship. 

I mean, they could even record a whole album being each band member in his home studio, then mix it and release it. It really isn't hard at all.

There is no way any money issue is stopping them from working on new music. Lady Gaga just released her new album, and she probably is making more money that she would without COVID (considering the high rates of music streaming during lockdown). 

GN'R is just so far from being a real band that I have lost all hope. Guess I'll just keep waiting for the next batch of leaks.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

Having the huge fanbase they have, GN'R shouldn't need a deal with any  external label. Any decent management would find a way to make a lot more profit as an independent label and having a more direct approach to the fanbase relationship. 

I mean, they could even record a whole album being each band member in his home studio, then mix it and release it. It really isn't hard at all.

There is no way any money issue is stopping them from working on new music. Lady Gaga just released her new album, and she probably is making more money that she would without COVID (considering the high rates of music streaming during lockdown). 

GN'R is just so far from being a real band that I have lost all hope. Guess I'll just keep waiting for the next batch of leaks.

They don’t need a major label. However they are still under contract with one. No manager or lawyer can get you out of that. They have to fulfill their deal by releasing albums to end it 

Edited by guitarpatch

Posted (edited)

Did anyone see this though??

https://flic.kr/p/2j7aXBv

I actually found this on a Queen fan forum, so they didn’t bat an eyelid at the GNR bit. Apparently it’s been deleted now.

Edited by Blue Phoenix

5 minutes ago, Blue Phoenix said:

I actually found this on a Queen fan forum, so they didn’t bat an eyelid at the GNR bit. Apparently it’s been deleted now.

Retarded name for a new album (assuming it's not a concert release)

10 minutes ago, Blue Phoenix said:

No way Rolling Stone tweeted that and we didn't see it. GNR loons are very active on Twitter.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Seriously? Mojo posts to himself on the Nightrain forum too?!

I remember I registered for MSL's site back in 2014 or so and made the mildest criticism imaginable of someone else's post and at least two other users viciously attacked me like I had insulted one of their family members. I thought it was weird and never posted there again. It was only recently I learned it was all the same person, it all makes so much sense now.:lol:

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, guitarpatch said:

I think it’s also safe to say in the GNR universe that until the album is handed into the label and accepted for release, there’s no imminent chance of it happening. Moods/deadlines/plans all seem to change with the wind 

Accepted for release being the operative phrase.  Although with it featuring Slash and Duff, I think the label will be a little more cooperative this time around. 

It does no one no good to have the wind at your back when someone else keeps moving the finish line.

It is obviously fake though. ''The Rock is Back'', I doubt any publications based in the US would type out something like that. There's also weird capitalizations and poor English all over the post. ''@gunsnroses releases next Friday Their new album ''Not in This Lifetime''.

The whole thing reads like a scam e-mail.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

It is obviously fake though. ''The Rock is Back'', I doubt any publications based in the US would type out something like that. There's also weird capitalizations and poor English all over the post. ''@gunsnroses releases next Friday Their new album ''Not in This Lifetime''.

The whole thing reads like a scam e-mail.

They should really just release something that we could get rid off these shitty fakes...

1 hour ago, Blue Phoenix said:

Capture.png

Since when Rolling Stone uses "his" instead of "its" to refer to albums?

Faker/Hacker could at least check his grammar with a native before making it.

Complete lie, it’s most likely either a photoshop or it was a prank written by someone who thinks they are hysterical.

Posted (edited)
On 22/05/2020 at 9:51 AM, El Guapo said:

The most logical explanation would be that sober Slash still hasn't found a way to "get in the zone" on stage like drunken Slash. 

Slash was pretty much in the zone when i saw him in 2015 with smkc.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1