Fernando now claiming COVID “prevented Guns from releasing new material”

And to all of that I say:

at least those bands gave us actual updates on what they plan to do.

Managers talking to ‘fans’ on Discord is one thing, and hardly professional at that, giving clear and concise wording on whats ACTUALLY happening or going to happen is another. 

i don’t think its pointless at all to post about other bands releasing music or those who even mention about writing during this time. In fact, most of this thread has been weighing the pros and cons of new GNR music during a pandemic.. actually, this whole thread was created because Fernando himself said we would have had ‘new’ music by now if Covid didn’t happen and we would have never known that if he didn’t try to hide himself in chat room.

I think if anything, it shows how lost GNR and their management truly are.

but then again, whats new?  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Were you alive in the early 2000’s ???? Ignorant statement 

I honestly have not heard of them, is it ignorant to not have heard of a particular band.  Maybe they are not so well known in the UK....;)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I honestly have not heard of them, is it ignorant to not have heard of a particular band.  Maybe they are not so well known in the UK....;)

Blink 182's 2016 Album 'Califorina' was their first album to go #1 in the UK and spent 12 weeks on the chart... either way: google is your friend and you should expand your horizons ;)

Edited by KeyserSoze
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I HATE Blink hahah but its all a matter of taste.

Yesterday I was watching Pulse which is a live album from Pink Floyd without Roger Waters...DAMN what a show.

Everybody should listen to High Hopes from that show...

Anyway, I was wondering if Gilmour got so many hate from fans for calling that band without Waters, Pink Floyd..similar to Axl and Slash parting ways

43 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

They wasn't that big here in UK, this is probably their most well known song 

They were huge in the UK, so not sure what UK you’re referring to. All over T.V., Top Of The Pops and all sorts. Their Self Titled album was flying off shelves while Axl Rose was tweaking all the shite that took the demos we love and turned into overproduced bollocks.

Alice Cooper, Shinedown and many other prolific bands have released music through this coronavirus.

David Bowie was dying and released multiple albums years ago, so it’s not a case of illness and fear of getting ill....

This is a nostalgia act that doesn’t give a fuck about their fans. Ignorant statements from people aside, the circus of same old shit contributes nothing to the current landscape.

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

They were huge in the UK, so not sure what UK you’re referring to. All over T.V., Top Of The Pops and all sorts. Their Self Titled album was flying off shelves while Axl Rose was tweaking all the shite that took the demos we love and turned into overproduced bollocks.

They were not huge imo. 

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

This is a nostalgia act that doesn’t give a fuck about their fans. Ignorant statements from people aside, the circus of same old shit contributes nothing to the current landscape.

What are these ignorant statements? 

Why are you so angry? It's only your 4th post :facepalm:

• Like 1

A Blink-182 discussion! Bit of excitement here. 

Blink were never massive or huge in the UK. They have never played Download Festival or a done a stadium tour. Some arena tours and Leeds Festival. I saw them once. Started off OK but tailed off quickly. 

Now which Rock fans watched Top Of The Pops? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

To bring this full circle and get back on track before this becomes a full blown Blink 182 discussion, I find it a little funny that Blink 182 supposedly ‘isn’t as big’ as GNR, but has put many more chapters in their book then GNR have, and in less time.

you may have ‘never heard’ of Blink 182, but we don’t hear much of anything from Guns N’ Roses anymore..

• Like 2

Can't believe Chinese Democracy is twelve years old. Time flies.

I don't expect them to release a new record any time soon since they will rely on selling physical records but Fernando lies by making it look like we could have had a record by now if it wasn't for the current pandemic. Bullshit.

Edited by Silent Jay

7 hours ago, janrichmond said:

They were not huge imo. 

What are these ignorant statements? 

Why are you so angry? It's only your 4th post :facepalm:

Your opinion isn’t right. I’m not angry, I’m bored. You may not realise but I rarely post here. I used to be on ChineseDemocracy.com and NewGnr.Com. I know more and have seen this band more than the fair weather fan.

The band from 2000-2006 live was much better than this because they mixed it up and there was some interest. I was at the club in London, watching as Axl Rose sat with 6 pretty ladies drinking bottles of Peroni Red. I’ve met Robin Finck on many meets and Tommy Stinson too, I’ve met most of them apart from Axl.

So here’s the thing, my post count may be low, but you don’t know me and to say I’m angry is hilarious. I, like many fans am bored. I just don’t spend all my days here like a devoted sheep.

The ignorance in your statement is why I stayed away from this forum for so long. This and HTGTH were the laughing stock of the forums back in the day. So, your face palm is ill placed, and thank you for your irrelevant opinion.

Edited by DefinitelyInThisLifetime
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, WildStar said:

A Blink-182 discussion! Bit of excitement here. 

Blink were never massive or huge in the UK. They have never played Download Festival or a done a stadium tour. Some arena tours and Leeds Festival. I saw them once. Started off OK but tailed off quickly. 

Now which Rock fans watched Top Of The Pops? 

Queen, David Bowie, Def Leppard, Nirvana amongst many others played on Top Of The Pops and the show regularly pulled in 18 million viewers at its peak. In the 90s and early 2000s it was watched by millions still before Greg Dyke and the BBC messed around with it. YouTube and things didn’t exist for music videos and not everyone had MTV or basic cable/satellite.

The Blink-182 argument can be compared to any other band releasing music at the minute. Pearl Jam aren’t huge in the UK, Guns N’ Roses are not a big deal anymore. They announce big stadium shows but where’s the longer tours? They don’t happen anymore. The joy of seeing them somewhere like London Docklands back in 2002, or the 2006 European tour where I saw them four times, even going to Rock Am Ring.

4 hours ago, fowlerisgod said:

They are very well known in the UK...and everywhere else on the fucking planet

It is making me laugh at how much anger there seems to be at my not knowing Blink,  gosh I do apologise:bitchfight:  I have googled to find their music is seen as  'pop punk' (maybe why on Top of the Pops) and the worst critique in the history of NME, begining 'why dont they go back'....each to their own.  As for all these bands having put out more stuff than GNR, is any of it anywhere near the genius of Appetite, it is what it is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

It is making me laugh at how much anger there seems to be at my not knowing Blink,  gosh I do apologise:bitchfight:  I have googled to find their music is seen as  'pop punk' (maybe why on Top of the Pops) and the worst critique in the history of NME, begining 'why dont they go back'....each to their own.  As for all these bands having put out more stuff than GNR, is any of it anywhere near the genius of Appetite, it is what it is.

I think some people, myself included, thought maybe you came off a little harsh when you tried to mask your ignorance of Blink182’s existence by the fact that Guns N Roses exists and therefore because of that we should discredit everything everyone else does. And to quote NBA Youngboy, another artist you probably have no idea exists, “it make no sense” 

and I keep hearing that narrative over and over again about new music not being the same at the old stuff, etc. Appetite? Comparing other artists work to it, especially 33 years later is pretty pointless. You know how much has changed since then? You know how much has changed since last WEEK? If Appetite is all you want, just listen to that for the rest of your life.

In my opinion nothing can top what GNR have already done, but at this rate it’s not even about putting out a masterpiece. You can’t hold anyone to that standard. You let them release something, listen to it with an open mind, then formulate an opinion on it. But its almost like some fans are stuck in 1987.  No one wants evolution. Chi Dem era of GNR was a rollercoaster. NITL was great. Whats next? 

13 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think some people, myself included, thought maybe you came off a little harsh when you tried to mask your ignorance of Blink182’s existence by the fact that Guns N Roses exists and therefore because of that we should discredit everything everyone else does. And to quote NBA Youngboy, another artist you probably have no idea exists, “it make no sense” 

and I keep hearing that narrative over and over again about new music not being the same at the old stuff, etc. Appetite? Comparing other artists work to it, especially 33 years later is pretty pointless. You know how much has changed since then? You know how much has changed since last WEEK? If Appetite is all you want, just listen to that for the rest of your life.

In my opinion nothing can top what GNR have already done, but at this rate it’s not even about putting out a masterpiece. You can’t hold anyone to that standard. You let them release something, listen to it with an open mind, then formulate an opinion on it. But its almost like some fans are stuck in 1987.  No one wants evolution. Chi Dem era of GNR was a rollercoaster. NITL was great. Whats next? 

Oh dear lighten up a bit, no I was not trying to mask my ignorance of not knowing Blink, I was letting it show, no shame in not knowing a particular Band although I have to say I am not sure how I missed out/

By the way I am a new fan of GNR, I came across them about six months ago as did a few of my friends...they will never lose their relevance.

Edited by DurhamGirl
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Oh dear lighten up a bit, no I was not trying to mask my ignorance of not knowing Blink, I was letting it show, no shame in not knowing a particular Band although I have to say I am not sure how I missed out/

By the way I am a new fan of GNR, I came across them about six months ago as did a few of my friends...they will never lose their relevance.

May ask and im not trying to be rude, and i mean this respectfully,  but how old are you that you have just got into GNR?.

6 hours ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

Queen, David Bowie, Def Leppard, Nirvana amongst many others played on Top Of The Pops and the show regularly pulled in 18 million viewers at its peak. In the 90s and early 2000s it was watched by millions still before Greg Dyke and the BBC messed around with it. YouTube and things didn’t exist for music videos and not everyone had MTV or basic cable/satellite.

The Blink-182 argument can be compared to any other band releasing music at the minute. Pearl Jam aren’t huge in the UK, Guns N’ Roses are not a big deal anymore. They announce big stadium shows but where’s the longer tours? They don’t happen anymore. The joy of seeing them somewhere like London Docklands back in 2002, or the 2006 European tour where I saw them four times, even going to Rock Am Ring.

I hear ya. GNR are boring at the moment. So much so that the mention of Blink pricked my interest. At this stage I would prefer solo projects from GNR with new music and more tours.

You know since the 2012 UK tour GNR have played 3 UK shows and one was a Festival. Piss poor by anyones standards. 

I have to confess to being a old school TOTP fan but it went way downhill towards the end. 

And in my opinion Blink were never huge in the UK. I'd say big-ish

7 hours ago, fowlerisgod said:

They are very well known in the UK...and everywhere else on the fucking planet

They were no Robbie Fowler 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

You need to take a long hard look at yourself, sit down and watch Kerrang Music TV for the next 2 weeks! Please take notes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1