KeyserSoze

Fernando now claiming COVID “prevented Guns from releasing new material”

3 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

Yeah! I’ve met BBF too and he was very nice. He came to Argentina to give a master class and then he played a show. It was nice to hear the Catcher solo

They are all nice guys. Except for Tommy most probably. Musically Bumblefoot, Stinson, Brain, Frank and Buckethead never fit into this band. And there was always an image problem. The look of Goth Finck 2002, Horror Wierdo Buckethead, Emo Ashba, Hip Hop / Limp Bizkit Brian was just not GnR. People went nuts when Metallica just cut their hair. A big brand like GnR with completely new members and different looks was a horrible decision by Axl. 

The only guitarist who could have replaced Slash 1:1 in GnR was Brian May. Period.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Creed said:

They are all nice guys. Except for Tommy most probably. Musically Bumblefoot, Stinson, Brain, Frank and Buckethead never fit into this band. And there was always an image problem. The look of Goth Finck 2002, Horror Wierdo Buckethead, Emo Ashba, Hip Hop / Limp Bizkit Brian was just not GnR. People went nuts when Metallica just cut their hair. A big brand like GnR with completely new members and different looks was a horrible decision by Axl. 

The only guitarist who could have replaced Slash 1:1 in GnR was Brian May. Period.

I Agree, Brain May was amazing guy with Axl, But Axl never went with him

in other news, Run The Jewels new album is amazing and they released it 2 days early because of whats going on in the world and for FREE they also made $75,000 in $1 donations in a couple of hours.. I have a feeling there album is going to be in the charts... 

thats how you do it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well! If Guns N' Roses can tour without a new album in 91, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, I don't see why they can't release an album without a tour.

Also remember that they toured Chinese Democracy in 2010, 2 years after the album was released.

If they released Lies without a tour, The Spaghetti Incident without a tour, Live Era without a tour, I don't get it.

If they released Chinese Democracy without any promotion I don't see why not release an album with tons of promotion now.

Anyway, at least the UYI 30th Anniversary boxset could be something.

But no... It's a hard knock life being a GNR fan.

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

It was de pandemic, now is the riots, after that will be the elections then it will be the postponed gigs and so on and so on

Edited by Beto 22

On 02/06/2020 at 10:40 PM, Creed said:

The only guitarist to replace Slash was Brian was the icing on an already crazy cake🤣

On 04/06/2020 at 2:56 PM, Legendador said:

Well! If Guns N' Roses can tour without a new album in 91, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, I don't see why they can't release an album without a tour.

Also remember that they toured Chinese Democracy in 2010, 2 years after the album was released.

If they released Lies without a tour, The Spaghetti Incident without a tour, Live Era without a tour, I don't get it.

If they released Chinese Democracy without any promotion I don't see why not release an album with tons of promotion now.

Anyway, at least the UYI 30th Anniversary boxset could be something.

But no... It's a hard knock life being a GNR fan.

The Illusions 30th anniversary release could overshadow a new album release. Or it could be an excuse not to release a new album in 2021

15 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

The only guitarist to replace Slash was Brian was the icing on an already crazy cake🤣

Agree, a collaboration with Axl and Brian would've been amazing, however Brian in GNR?? Just imagine going to a GNR show and Brian plays the SCOM intro with his red special.. Doesn't fit at all

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Agree, a collaboration with Axl and Brian would've been amazing, however Brian in GNR?? Just imagine going to a GNR show and Brian plays the SCOM intro with his red special.. Doesn't fit at all

Really, what a weird idea. It would have worked for a handful of songs like all the ballads, but can anyone imagine Brian May ripping through It's so easy? 

5 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Yeah I can hear them together, Queen obviously had a lot of hard rock / metal songs and he can obviously write in that style, but yeah! of course a great musician (one of my favourites) but wouldn't pop into my mind as a replacement for Slash.

• Like 1

Brian May once ripped through Welcome to the Black Parade with My Chemical Romance so I'd say stranger things have happened! But I'd agree that he'd be the wrong fit in Guns in a full time capacity. I don't think he would have wanted to anyways despite Queen's relative inactivity around the time of thos early Chinese sessions.

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Brian May once ripped through Welcome to the Black Parade with My Chemical Romance so I'd say stranger things have happened! But I'd agree that he'd be the wrong fit in Guns in a full time capacity. I don't think he would have wanted to anyways despite Queen's relative inactivity around the time of thos early Chinese sessions.

I very much doubt he would have hung around with Axl fucking about, cancelled tours, album release dates put back and not sure what he would have made of Team Brazil 

• Thanks 1

I love this conversation about a GNR/Brian May collaboration acting like it's a hypothetical, as opposed to a thing that happened that we have literally heard with our ears.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I love this conversation about a GNR/Brian May collaboration acting like it's a hypothetical, as opposed to a thing that happened that we have literally heard with our ears.

Brian May joining Guns full time is indeed a hypothetical scenario.

I'm just waiting for a new date to be announced to replace the July 21st show at Fenway Park. So I can officially get my credit card refunded.

16 hours ago, axlslash said:

Well he did add some guitar melodies to some tracks, but it has never been mentioned that he was going to join GNR in any full or part time capacity :) It was just a guest spot, unless @Dexter would like to clear anything up :P 

16 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I'm just waiting for a new date to be announced to replace the July 21st show at Fenway Park. So I can officially get my credit card refunded.

"The waiting is the hardest part" Tom Petty song about GNR ;) It'll all b e better this Thursday when they release round 2!!

Posted (edited)

There were rumours that Brian May would join the band permanently, or at least tour with them:

screen14.jpg

Edited by SoulMonster

1 hour ago, ThePreacher said:

Which reminded me that I read somewhere that Orianthi was considered to join GNR at some point.

37 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Which reminded me that I read somewhere that Orianthi was considered to join GNR at some point.

That rumour was between the time that DJ and Ron had quit, but before Slash and Duff came back. Everyone said "there's no way a woman would join GNR!" :lol:

• Haha 2

On 6/12/2020 at 8:41 AM, KeyserSoze said:

This is an outrage. Didn't anyone tell them that the time isn't right to release music!?!?! Shame!!!

Not releasing new music is called respect for what is happening around the globe + plus you can't get enough money from it these days :) Am I right, Axl & Fernando?