Fernando now claiming COVID “prevented Guns from releasing new material”

9 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

Seriously. You think you're gonna onto a public internet platform and have a 2-hour chat with the fan base, and that shit won't leak out because you promised everyone to pinky swear?

If you don't want it getting out, don't do it in the first place. And if you're gonna do it, accept it's probably gonna come out.

Just when you think it can't get any dumber and unprofessional...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

- (On Hardschool NOT being played in Miami) “axl knows all the songs.. uhhhh... he has in his Arsenal and... he picks and chooses what goes where and how. He accounts for breathing and the way he feels the concert flows best. The setlist goes how the setlist goes, and regardless of whats on there, it gets played per Axl and the guys.”

Right! And the setlist has been pretty much the same for 4 years...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

When he got asked about why COVID prevented the band from releasing Hardschool, he said "I don't know".  

While I appreciate his honesty, that just comes to show how disfunctional this "band" is. 

How hard is it to officially release a song that thousands of people already have? :lol: smh this "band"...

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

How hard is it to officially release a song that thousands of people already have? :lol: smh this "band"...

you realize record companies release music right, not the bands themselves? 

so many on this board so fucking clueless to business...smh these "fans"...

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

2 hours long!

I'm glad people are listening to this and telling us what's in it but.......you'll never get that 2 hours back! 

Im not enjoying it, BUT im of the opinion that this will get deleted, so its better to have it in writing here on the forums so that we can quote it in 2030 when Hardschool is FINALLY “on the way” 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

He’s the manager and is saying he „believes“ music is coming. Shouldn’t the manager know for sure?

He literally says that even though he has the title of "manager", it's Axl's band and he can't say anything without his/they're approval.

So, just confirming what everyone already knows.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

Technically it takes both of them to make and ok a release

3 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

Totally worth it to hear Fernando crying about how he took the insults for the children's book personally and his feelings were hurt.

Well, maybe don't whore out the GN'R name for your own little project.

I almost feel bad for him.

That is, feel bad that he clearly doesn't know how the Internet works. What did he expect?

1 minute ago, Gunner927 said:

He literally says that even though he has the title of "manager", it's Axl's band and he can't say anything without his/they're approval.

So, just confirming what everyone already knows.

Not every manager has the same amount of control/responsibility. I don’t see much difference between how this band functions in 2000 let alone 2010 or 2020. Axl has a ton of control and final say here 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

Ah, the old "blame-the-label" chestnut. Funny how other bands manage to release music on a regular basis, but of course, GNR is always the exception. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

He’s the manager and is saying he „believes“ music is coming. Shouldn’t the manager know for sure?

I think this cat / mouse game is getting old! They say it to keep people interested even though we know nothing is comming but a NITL compilation on YouTube and a Kid's illustration book (not that they are bad, but since nothing is done right with this band it would tarnish even further the band's reputation).

Soon people will grow tired of this "we believe", "in six months", "maybe", "soon". To me it was better for them to keep it shut and quiet untill they actually release something than to keep teasing fans for years!

It doesn't bother me that theu actually don't release anything new, I live my life not around GNR (I love them, but). What bugs me is that they keep playing these childish games, this teasing, Susan teasing, Fortus teasing, Fernando teasing FOR YEAAAAAAAAAAARS! DECADES NOW!

• Like 1

If you haven't listened yet, don't. The biggest takeaway is that Fernando truly "believes" new music will happen "soon" and that if it weren't for COVID he believes it would have happened already.  That's literally it.

• Like 1