KeyserSoze

Fernando now claiming COVID “prevented Guns from releasing new material”

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

It just seems like a never ending circle with this band. 

Did anyone really learn anything? Does anyone really care anymore?

Talking with F is like talking with Melissa, Frank, 4tus, Dizzy and Duff.

Slash is the only guy with snippets of real info.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sofine11 said:

I've been a pretty big outspoken critic of TB, but I agree, they can't physically force Axl to release music, videos, concerts, etc. And when it's him who ultimately has to sign on the dotted line, there's only so much his handlers can do.

Totally correct. Its always Axl.  Every other band member or band in the universe doesnt have a problem releasing stuff but he does. I think his really insecure about his music after the illusions years. 

No one else but Axls fault no matter who he himself tries to blame. 

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It just seems like a never ending circle with this band. Fernando did this chat 11 days ago, and not once did anyone say in that chat “give us more cool merch.” It was all asking for more interaction and MUSIC in any capacity weather it be old or new.

6 days after this, they give us a Pandemic related piece of merch and then radio silence for 5 days straight. 

Did anyone really learn anything? Does anyone really care anymore?

There were also two utterly bizaare 'hell tour 1985' shirts released last week, which look incredibly odd and basic and like zero effort had gone into them. 60 dollars too! 

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/fathers-day

We had questions, he gave us answers. If you like or not his answers, that's another discussion. 

20 minutes ago, vloors said:

Totally correct. Its always Axl.  Every other band member or band in the universe doesnt have a problem releasing stuff but he does. I think his really insecure about his music after the illusions years. 

No one else but Axls fault no matter who he himself tries to blame. 

That's it

9 minutes ago, Creed said:

The right step after UYI would have been a MTV unplugged or Live era. And after they split up TSI would have been fine. GnR should have been closed after that. His decision to move on with the brand in NuGuns form was just bad. A release of a triple solo album would have shocked the biz. No matter how good or bad it would have been.

100% agree. An MTV Unplugged would’ve been a great way to close curtains. After that a reunion in 2006/2010 would’ve been amazing.

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There were also two utterly bizaare 'hell tour 1985' shirts released last week, which look incredibly odd and basic and like zero effort had gone into them. 60 dollars too! 

What I want to know is who the fuck is paying for these things?  Only person I give a pass on this is @troccoli because he runs an unofficial museum.    

5 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

What I want to know is who the fuck is paying for these things?  Only person I give a pass on this is @troccoli because he runs an unofficial museum.    

I have no idea. I often think the same. 

13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

GnR Merch was always bad, but yeah. Its even worse than the covid shirt... Fernando or Axl are creating these shirts with MS Paint.

Hey Fernando, do you wanna be a REAL Manager? Make the band release something that's not a GH or remasters of old songs. Make the band work together in new music. Walkin beside Axl Rose everywhere he goes makes you a walker.

1 hour ago, Creed said:

The right step after UYI would have been a MTV unplugged or Live era. And after they split up TSI would have been fine. GnR should have been closed after that. His decision to move on with the brand in NuGuns form was just bad. A release of a triple solo album would have shocked the biz. No matter how good or bad it would have been.

I would of loved the idea of a solo too. No expectations and people would accept whatever he did more. He could be experimental as he wanted to be.

Even if he did something like slash did and have different people feature with him in every song. That would be great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Maybe I'm still bitter about the "COVID-45" bullshit, but I think these "Hell Tour" shirts fucking suck also.

After 33 years of my loyalty through thick and thin, this band is losing me fast. And I was one of the hardcore fucking idiots who paid the full $999 for the Locked N' Loaded set.

Introduce new music, or call it a fucking career.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

54 minutes ago, vloors said:

Even if he did something like slash did and have different people feature with him in every song. That would be great.

Isn’t that what Chinese Democracy is anyway? 

• Like 1

Fernando is the managerial equivalent of Jack Tunney in the WWF days. He’s essentially nothing more than a figurehead. Axl’s the real “manager”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Slash should quit again

Honestly if we don't ever get new music with him and Axl anyways, I wouldn't even be upset if he quit. I saw them 4 times together, the only other thing they could really offer me is new music. It would suck for people that didnt see them, but they traveled the world already for 4 years. 

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Slash should quit again

Nah, he should do another Slash & Friends album and have Axl on a track or two. It'll never happen, but it'd probably take some of the pressure off the 'first reunion album' and we'd get new music... hopefully featuring Duff and Fitz :lol:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Honestly if we don't ever get new music with him and Axl anyways, I wouldn't even be upset if he quit. I saw them 4 times together, the only other thing they could really offer me is new music. It would suck for people that didnt see them, but they traveled the world already for 4 years. 

I wouldn't care either.  Just about everything about this band, management and hanger-ons is a joke aside from Slash.  The reunion had it's moments but it started to go sour from the beginning the way they treated Izzy.. This half ass NuGnR Hybrid lineup was never going to have any legs.. 

• Like 2

I realise they say this constantly however with Hardschool on the actual setlist and it being soundchecked I actually believe Fernando is telling the truth, they probs had plans to release it just before or after playing it live or even just debut it live. I know it’s frustrating and just annoying believe me ive watched all last year’s and this years concerts live to hear only the same thing after promised time and time again but this time i think fernando is for real

21 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Fernando is the managerial equivalent of Jack Tunney in the WWF days. He’s essentially nothing more than a figurehead. Axl’s the real “manager”. 

"How dare you?!" sully the great name of Jack Tunney by comparing him to Fernando.

Fernando is The Red Rooster!

rooster.jpg

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails released 2 albums, The Strokes, In This Moment, X, Testament, Nightwish, Airbourne Toxic Event, Trivium, The Used, Awolnation (personal favorite band) and everyones favorite band: Asking Alexandria. As well as countless popular rappers (Drake and now Future to name a few) and countless pop artists. The 1975 is dropping an album this friday

Of the very few bands you listed that are in the same league as GNR, none of them released a long overdue reunion album. The label will want to cash in on this release and time it with a tour. 

I wholly understand the logistics being a nightmare at the moment for releasing a new album, but I absolutely promise you that if Axl said “release it” it would be out.

also, this might be dumb, but does GN’R actually have a record deal at the moment?

5 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

I wholly understand the logistics being a nightmare at the moment for releasing a new album, but I absolutely promise you that if Axl said “release it” it would be out.

also, this might be dumb, but does GN’R actually have a record deal at the moment?

yes they are signed to UMG/interscope https://www.interscope.com/artists/guns-n-roses

32 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I wouldn't care either.  Just about everything about this band, management and hanger-ons is a joke aside from Slash.  The reunion had it's moments but it started to go sour from the beginning the way they treated Izzy.. This half ass NuGnR Hybrid lineup was never going to have any legs.. 

I was fine with what I got in 2016, so the rest is gravy from a live point of view. Agree it should have just had Izzy and Steven in some capacity if it was always going to be a cash grab. Its a shame if we never get one last record or even all new song with Axl and Slash, though. They really only put out 3 original studio albums together, that is crazy to me

• Like 2