Jump to content
KeyserSoze

Fernando now claiming COVID “prevented Guns from releasing new material”

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, you can be real and professional all you want. That won't help you when you have to deal with Axl Rose. There were plenty of real and professional managers along the way and not many things were made to happen. ;) But yeah, at least you would know not to promise things you, deep down in your heart, know you can't promise. But that's why he never confirmed it was him on Reddit. He wanted to say there is an album coming, but he wanted to not bite him in the ass, if it isn't.

In terms of recording and releasing new music, you and others are completely right, for this it needs Axl and the whole band to come out of their caves.

I much more refered to his never ending unprofessional promises.

Like the recent one, to upload video stuff ...there's no need for the band to do it.

It's only on him to get things done, with what ever company they are working with, to finsh the material.

Don't promis shit, not even talk about it, if you've nothing on your hands, just DO it, and then get out a proper announcment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, EricA said:

In terms of recording and releasing new music, you and others are completely right, for this it needs Axl and the whole band to come out of their caves.

I much more refered to his never ending unprofessional promises.

Like the recent one, to upload video stuff ...there's no need for the band to do it.

It's only on him to get things done, with what ever company they are working with, to finsh the material.

Don't promis shit, not even talk about it, if you've nothing on your hands, just DO it, and then get out a proper announcment.

Oh, well. Is it professional to talk about unlaid eggs? Probably not. But if he would say nothing, what would we have to bitch About? And we always want to know shit. So, I don't know. :shrugs: Maybe he spoke about it too early, but I don't want to believe he is just full of shit, so maybe we really just have to be a Little more patient with those video things to happen. That at least seems an easier task than to release new music. One that doesn't involve Axl's Input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In any case, there's been a plenty of time regarding these promo things that don't need much of the band's direct involvement or are downright prepared remotely/online only. Tons of stuff could have been out by now. Let's not be just black-or-white about this. He may be right about some things, but the management, with all the so-called communication with fans (Reddit) and the negative crap surrounding, just sucks. It definitely could be managed in a much better way. Let's not make F'nando an exclusively good guy all of a sudden and put everything back on Axl again, just because of one interview. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

what huge releases have come out during the pandemic?

Music is being released.  I wont name bands, because I will get the same generic "they arent that big" etc.  Doesnt have to be a full album.  Ever hear of Billy Joe Armstrong, lead singer of a HUGELY succuessful band?  He has been releasing a cover song every monday since thi has started.  Just give the fans something. Its really easy if the band really wants to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamillos said:

In any case, there's been a plenty of time regarding these promo things that don't need much of the band's direct involvement or are downright prepared remotely/online only. Tons of stuff could have been out by now. Let's not be just black-or-white about this. He may be right about some things, but the management, with all the so-called communication with fans (Reddit) and the negative crap surrounding, just sucks. It definitely could be managed in a much better way. Let's not make F'nando an exclusively good guy all of a sudden and put everything back on Axl again, just because of one interview. 

How is anyone other than Axl responsible for GNR having released one album in the last quarter of a century?

What's Fernando meant to do? Hold a gun to his head and force him to record/release new music?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Towelie said:

Yes. This.

Axl said himself in the 2010 forums chats in answer to when CD was going to be followed up: "don't know, don't care."

So maybe he was angry due to the reception of CD and as a consequence there is no more...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Towelie said:

How is anyone other than Axl responsible for GNR having released one album in the last quarter of a century?

What's Fernando meant to do? Hold a gun to his head and force him to record/release new music?

I was literally talking about "promo things" that can be done online, not releasing new records. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Interview made me think, more than ever, that there really is no new music anywhere near getting released. 

Also, let's face it, it would make Fernando's life a whole lot easier if there was. He's as in the dark and frustrated by the state of play as the rest of us it seems. 

When touring resumes we might get Hardschool played live. That's probably the extent of it. 

 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People seem to foegret that even Hard School itself is a two decade old song. Until I see evidence that this current lineup has written and recorded something, anything, new together, I won't believe a new album is even on the agenda.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

2 hours ago, EricA said:

In terms of recording and releasing new music, you and others are completely right, for this it needs Axl and the whole band to come out of their caves.

I much more refered to his never ending unprofessional promises.

Like the recent one, to upload video stuff ...there's no need for the band to do it.

It's only on him to get things done, with what ever company they are working with, to finsh the material.

Don't promis shit, not even talk about it, if you've nothing on your hands, just DO it, and then get out a proper announcment.

Maybe Fernando's mum shouldn’t have given Axl an ultimatum to let her and her family be managers of the band or she would stop working with him - they knew what Axl was like way before taking over that job. 

He should find himself another job if he’s so upset about the criticism of his merch ideas (that he came here to brag about being in charge of not so long ago) and he’s as frustrated by it all as we are.

I can’t feel in any way sorry for poor Fernando - he gets a hard time because he deserves it. His latest pity party “interview” with fans is laughable. 

(and no, I don’t think he has anything to do with new music and 100% think that’s on Axl) 

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Towelie said:

Add to that, there was absolutely no indication that an album was on the horizon before Covid-19 hit. Why on earth would they be spending the majority of 2020 doing NITL shows if they had a new album to tour? Bands and music artists call their tours after the albums they are promoting. The fact that Guns were still billing this as NITL, is a strong indication if any were needed, that no new album was going to be released in 2020.

You don't release an album in the middle of a nostalgia hits tour, finish the nostalgia tour and then announce a tour for the new album. Makes no sense.

Spot on, i said similar thing when GNR announced in 2019 this 2020 tour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Spot on, i said similar thing when GNR announced in 2019 this 2020 tour.

People will be quick to say "oh but the NITL is finished now, this was different" but we've seen absolutely zero evidence this is the case. Both shows this year have had the same setlist, with no indication it was to change in any meaningful way. 

There's no evidence anywhere to suggest this was anything other than a continuation of the same tour. And with ticket sales struggling, if you've got the (potential) boost of a few more ticket sales based on new material....why on earth wouldn't you play that card to drive those sales when it was most needed? 

The 2020 tour announcement for me was the clearest indication we ever had that there was nothing new being seriously considered in any way. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day, the whole reason Axl propped up Fernando to the position of "manager" is so he *wouldn't* have to do things like put out music or interface with the fanbase.  It really is Axl's mania that prevents them from operating like any other band. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

People will be quick to say "oh but the NITL is finished now, this was different" but we've seen absolutely zero evidence this is the case. Both shows this year have had the same setlist, with no indication it was to change in any meaningful way. 

There's no evidence anywhere to suggest this was anything other than a continuation of the same tour. And with ticket sales struggling, if you've got the (potential) boost of a few more ticket sales based on new material....why on earth wouldn't you play that card to drive those sales when it was most needed? 

The 2020 tour announcement for me was the clearest indication we ever had that there was nothing new being seriously considered in any way. 

 

 

Indeed, with it announce in 2019 was clear that not new album in 2020. Isn't exist band that non-stop tour.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Towelie said:

People seem to foegret that even Hard School itself is a two decade old song. Until I see evidence that this current lineup has written and recorded something, anything, new together, I won't believe a new album is even on the agenda.

True, you might think that with duff and slash back in the fold, they’d like to release something they created on their own as their first single, right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

At the end of the day, the whole reason Axl propped up Fernando to the position of "manager" is so he *wouldn't* have to do things like put out music or interface with the fanbase.  It really is Axl's mania that prevents them from operating like any other band. 

That’s pretty much what he did before they took over 

I think it’s more of if that’s what is really happening here, then GNR doesn’t need those other types of managers. Especially ones that are looking to prop their other endeavors from their experience/connections from working with the band. TB isn’t going anywhere and they don’t need any special elite skills to navigate this. It runs the way Axl wants 

Edited by guitarpatch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Towelie said:

People seem to foegret that even Hard School itself is a two decade old song. Until I see evidence that this current lineup has written and recorded something, anything, new together, I won't believe a new album is even on the agenda.

In this new album id place bets that Hardschool will be on it as a track regardless of its initial age bc general public would know no different. Maybe we'd even get Atlas on the album

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joraz said:

In this new album id place bets that Hardschool will be on it as a track regardless of its initial age bc general public would know no different. Maybe we'd even get Atlas on the album

Either way, its new music. But it also proves that maybe the band hasn’t been writing compared to what we’ve been told or led to believe  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Joraz said:

In this new album id place bets that Hardschool will be on it as a track regardless of its initial age bc general public would know no different. Maybe we'd even get Atlas on the album

I personally wouldn’t mind if Hard School and those songs were included. However only if they’ve been re recorded from the ground up with new vocals. 

Pasted over parts on top of something done in the late 90’s/early 2000’s? Lame

Edited by guitarpatch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't mind restructred "old" songs as long as they are recorded by the current line-up to maintain a cohesiveness that was lacking with the "cut and paste" of Chinese Democracy. It worked out well for Van Halen. A Different Kind Of Truth was almost entirely stuff from the vault that was given a fresh coat of paint and the result was great. I still say the best approach to a new album would be the five best songs from the CD leftovers, all re-recorded by the current line-up, and then five brand new songs. The big three literally only have to write an EPs worth of material in that case. Tour it, then do it again. Axl finally slowly gets the rest of the CD stuff out there and we still get fresh songs from the big three.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And are we really comparing GNR to Kiss now??? Kiss, a band with TWENTY FOUR studio albums??? Jesus, give it a rest please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

And are we really comparing GNR to Kiss now??? Kiss, a band with TWENTY FOUR studio albums??? Jesus, give it a rest please

I don't think anyone has even mentioned KISS on this page. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I don't think anyone has even mentioned KISS on this page. :lol:

I may have gotten my threads mixed up this early in this morning. Could have sworn someone was saying we shouldn’t be rehashing the old band and GNR should be like Kiss and not even acknowledge their history.. it was probably in the “making videos available” thread

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

“(axl) he picks and chooses what goes where and how.

  •  

 

First honest comment from Fernando. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×