Jump to content
Gambit83

Appetite for Distortion - Gary Beers and Toby Rand talk INXS and GNR | Ep. 198

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

INXS bassist Garry Beers and singer Toby Rand (Juke Kartel) present their new project, Ashenmoon. Garry and Toby discuss their new band and have some great Guns N' Roses stories as well! INXS and GNR in 1988, parties with "Slash and Friends," and more!

Special co-hosts: Mark Alexander-Erber and Kristin Tully of Golden Robot Records

 

 

Edited by Gambit83
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/05/2020 at 8:13 PM, Live Like a Suicide said:

Haven't heard of Toby since he did that Rockstar Supernova thing 12 years back. Cool to see he's still doing things. Also, big shout out for INXS!

Toby Rand should’ve won that competition. The guy they picked was shit!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GREAT episode, I love INXS.

I can see why Axl wouldn’t have wanted to open for them and not just because of the spectacular meteoric success of AFD...

Michael Hutchence was a true ROCKSTAR.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2020 at 12:46 PM, lukepowell1988 said:

Love INXS great band

WAS a great Band.   With Michael.... unfortunately it ended when he passed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-05-27 at 7:12 PM, metallex78 said:

Toby Rand should’ve won that competition. The guy they picked was shit!

100%. Only thing I liked was Rossi's original "Headspin." But Toby's original blew it out of the water. Actually just stumbled across the performance on YouTube recently and that song still holds up. 

Honestly, the whole Supernova album had some great moments on it IMO. Be Yourself, It's All Love, Can't Bring Myself To Light This Fuse are still good listens for me. But yeah, Toby was a much more entertaining in so many aspects to watch perform. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Though I’ve always thought INXS never was able to make great “albums” they were always able to have 3-4 amazing sings on every album and with a catalogue that large a phenomenal greatest hits. Plus Michael was a great front man and a crazy fuck.

Edited by circusboy666
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love INXS myself.

Slash in his book though said they hated the band with a passion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/06/2020 at 3:02 AM, Gunner55 said:

100%. Only thing I liked was Rossi's original "Headspin." But Toby's original blew it out of the water. Actually just stumbled across the performance on YouTube recently and that song still holds up. 

Honestly, the whole Supernova album had some great moments on it IMO. Be Yourself, It's All Love, Can't Bring Myself To Light This Fuse are still good listens for me. But yeah, Toby was a much more entertaining in so many aspects to watch perform. 

Oh yeah I did like that Toby Rand original but Headspin was awesome too. I liked both singers. I probably favoured Rossi. The Supernova album was top notch. It's On was another great tune. 

Supernova only did one little tour and that was that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2020-06-05 at 1:21 AM, vloors said:

Love INXS myself.

Slash in his book though said they hated the band with a passion.

I do remember an article from the eighties where guns played before INXS at a festival.  Apparently guns were having a bad show and either Hutchence or some other member of the band was quoted as saying “does it get any worse than this?”  I bet Axl never forgot that.

didn’t like INXS much myself.

i guess I should have listened to the podcast first, they actually mention this festival!

 

Edited by Kira

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 04/06/2020 at 11:50 PM, circusboy666 said:

Though I’ve always thought INXS never was able to make great “albums” they were always able to have 3-4 amazing sings on every album and with a catalogue that large a phenomenal greatest hits. Plus Michael was a great front man and a crazy fuck.

I think Kick is a very strong album. Listen like Thieves and The Swing were great too.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2020 at 11:21 AM, Rjuncajun said:

WAS a great Band.   With Michael.... unfortunately it ended when he passed. 

Last nite i saw "Mystify" on Netflix. What a doc!!!!! And the takes from concerts were amazin.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

What happened to the episode about the leaks? Is it no longer available?

I can PM it to you. I had to make some episodes private due to trolling.

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

I can PM it to you. I had to make some episodes private due to trolling.

Gotcha. Please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×