What are all the Chinese leak titles/working titles

Sorry to be an ass and late to the party, but just got a hankering to hear all the Chinese leaks that came out last year and was wondering if there is a comprehensive list that has the full list of songs that leaked, as well as the alternate titles that song used to be known by.

I don't need like "Atlas Shrugged, ver. 4, Atlas Shrugged, ver. 17", just the full list of songs that actually got produced, like Oh My God, Atlas Shrugged, Hard School, etc. Additionally, I was wondering if that list could also have all the working titles those songs had, or the ones we knew them by. For example, how Hard School was what we knew to be Jackie Chan for all those years. The leak I have has a bunch of songs like The Rebel, Devious Bastard, etc, but no titles like Blood In The Water, The General, Down By The Seaside. All those titles we referred to these songs by for years. I believe The General is Atlas Shrugged, but just wondering if there's a list that has that info so I could follow along while I listen.

Appreciate in advance!

• Like 1

There's a fuckload of instrumentals, but in terms of 'complete' songs (i e. Full lyrics and vocals) the ones we have are:

Hardschool (formerly known as 'Jackie Chan')

Perhaps

State of Grace

Silkworms

Atlas Shrugged

Going Down

Knockin on Heaven's Door (acoustic)

Eye on You (though lyrics aren't exactly 'full')

Then there is also Oh My God from 1999, plus the This I Love remix (with new vocals) 

Edited by seely

Atlas Shrugged

Hardschool

Nothing

Perhaps
Eye on You

State of Grace

KOHD acoustic 

Quick Song (Axl lays down the melody, but no lyrics)

The General was played at a post-show party in Vienna 2010, where a fan recorded and leaked a garbled mix of it while partygoers talk through it. Evaders mix is the best representation of what the song might be.

1 hour ago, jimmythegent said:

My hard drive shat itself a while back and I no longer have these

Is anyone able to help?

Your hard drive shat itself, well because the majority of them were shit!  

I liked anything with Axl’s vocals but the majority of other stuff was crap that millions of people around the world could probably come up with, given just a little bit of talent and a computer/studio. I’m really seeing why those leaks failed to make the final cut, most of it deserved to be buried in a storage locker.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 6:57 AM, alangarcianr said:

Isn’t there an Izzy song called down by the ocean? It says something like ‘lives in a box down by the ocean’

Yep. "Box" could very well be the same song as there's another Izzy song called "Bomb" (below) with literally the same riff that was used on VR's Contraband (Do It For The Kids I guess). Duff confirmed it during some chat years ago.

10 hours ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

The General didn't leak. Atlas Shrugged did though 

Thanks! Its so hard to keep track of everything.

8 hours ago, jamillos said:

I'm aware of Down by the Ocean, not Seaside. 

Ah, my mistake. I'm thinking of Zeppelin. I know it was down by the something water.

4 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

Your hard drive shat itself, well because the majority of them were shit!  

I liked anything with Axl’s vocals but the majority of other stuff was crap that millions of people around the world could probably come up with, given just a little bit of talent and a computer/studio. I’m really seeing why those leaks failed to make the final cut, most of it deserved to be buried in a storage locker.

I don't actually think they're shit. Its actually interesting to hear the process and what was clearly in his head at times. And honestly, some of them sound like they could be really cool songs if Axl only gave them the time of day. The instrumentals are not bad, but the only reason I deem them unessential and am deleting them after I listen is that if there's no Axl then there's zero CLASSIC GNR people. As you say, it really could just be ANYTHING you hear online, so if there's nothing uniquely GNR about it I'm getting rid of it. But I still think its interesting to hear and knowing who the people are playing its cool. I just don't think they warrant repeat listens. I'd rather teach my friend to play them and then record him if its just gonna be instrumental lol. You're totally right though that without vocals, its basically nothing.

4 hours ago, Axlr0s37 said:

Is the TIL remix much different? Or is it similar to the rockband remix? 

Let me put it this way: the best Axl I've ever heard, studio or live, old or new. Goose bumps. Not exaggerating here. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Sorry to be an ass and late to the party, but just got a hankering to hear all the Chinese leaks that came out last year and was wondering if there is a comprehensive list that has the full list of songs that leaked, as well as the alternate titles that song used to be known by.

I don't need like "Atlas Shrugged, ver. 4, Atlas Shrugged, ver. 17", just the full list of songs that actually got produced, like Oh My God, Atlas Shrugged, Hard School, etc. Additionally, I was wondering if that list could also have all the working titles those songs had, or the ones we knew them by. For example, how Hard School was what we knew to be Jackie Chan for all those years. The leak I have has a bunch of songs like The Rebel, Devious Bastard, etc, but no titles like Blood In The Water, The General, Down By The Seaside. All those titles we referred to these songs by for years. I believe The General is Atlas Shrugged, but just wondering if there's a list that has that info so I could follow along while I listen.

Appreciate in advance!

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Does anyone claim to have The General? I  didn't think that one was even in the cards as far as leaks go.  Just wishful thinking.

No - there's a bad-quality recording of a few minutes of it from an afterparty, but that's it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

No - there's a bad-quality recording of a few minutes of it from an afterparty, but that's it

That's what I thought.  Honestly, that one I wouldn't mind waiting for an album quality version with Slash, granted that may never happen.  "Sequel to Estranged" and all that...

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Let me put it this way: the best Axl I've ever heard, studio or live, old or new. Goose bumps. Not exaggerating here. 

I actually didn't like it. It sounded too forced, not like the older lower rasp that he can't seem to do anymore (November Rain type singing)

Most of his current rasp is higher in pitch, like how he sung with AC/DC. I like it, but it seemed out of place on the TIL remix. I prefer the range of singing he did on the album version, between clean and rasp.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I actually didn't like it. It sounded too forced, not like the older lower rasp that he can't seem to do anymore (November Rain type singing)

Most of his current rasp is higher in pitch, like how he sung with AC/DC. I like it, but it seemed out of place on the TIL remix. I prefer the range of singing he did on the album version, between clean and rasp.

I like it because this particular song let him show what he can do with the rasp; he hasn't done anything quite like this to date. We may think it forced, but what if it's not, it's just that there hasn't really been a song like this where he could show how far he can go. Anyway, I love it. Again, gooseflesh. 

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

I like it because this particular song let him show what he can do with the rasp; he hasn't done anything quite like this to date. We may think it forced, but what if it's not, it's just that there hasn't really been a song like this where he could show how far he can go. Anyway, I love it. Again, gooseflesh. 

Check out Rock n Roll Thunder.

I think thats where he sounded in the 90’s