Crawling Back

59 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Great stuff man. Epic ending. As a nerd with stuff like these, I really liked how it was produced. Dig the backing vocals panned in the speakers too. 

Thanks man, the ending was something that the guitarist and I wanted to be huge; we worked backwards from that point once we had the vocals and guitars parts recorded, tried to make it as dynamic as possible with softer drum hits and side sticks in the verses.

There are a load of delay tricks in there; the guitar solo is two tracks, one low and one high octave. I used an instance of the same stereo delay on each track, which had a shorter delay on the left and longer on the right. On one I kept it like this, then with the other I swapped the delay times around and it sounds massive.

There are also spot effects on phrases, like "the truth" in the second verse and a panned delay on the last slide guitar part in the fist verse.

If you want a free copy of the track in high quality, you can download it from Bandcamp:

https://soundofagun.bandcamp.com/

• Like 1

Awesome. I'll do it for sure.

I noticed more the guitar tracks because that's my thing. I felt the ending would be rather grandious, the guitars kicking in are really cool.

But those cool studio tricks are really awesome, these are the reason why some things are better experienced with a nice set of headphones. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

Awesome. I'll do it for sure.

I noticed more the guitar tracks because that's my thing. I felt the ending would be rather grandious, the guitars kicking in are really cool.

But those cool studio tricks are really awesome, these are the reason why some things are better experienced with a nice set of headphones. :)

Yeah, a good set of headphones really helps to pick out the details!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...