Marc Canter Live Chat on Discord

1 hour ago, All Cautions Made said:

As you might already know, Marc is planning on opening his vault for the fans and would love to hear your suggestions on what to release, how to do it, and where to do it.

I take it Marc cannot post audio due to copyright/legalities? If so - is this the same for any covers or songs maybe not ever released (if any)?

Edit - just saw a post which suggests they dont have the ‘sync rights’ although they say ‘right now’...so maybe there may be a chance for the future.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodri99 said:

We should ask Fernando if Marc has the permission upload all the stuff. On Discord he said that he had no problem with users uploading material.

FInmdMN.png

If I recall correctly, somebody did ask Fernando something about Marc Canter's videos in the chat... but I dont remember very well...

Hopefully he comes back 

3 hours ago, All Cautions Made said:

If I recall correctly, somebody did ask Fernando something about Marc Canter's videos in the chat... but I dont remember very well...

Hopefully he comes back 

He said he won't speak about Marc Canter from an official source, but you know, Fernando doesn't seem to care about old GNR material. He said he didn't have anything against fans uploading material. What Marc has is kinda Bootleg material, so I guess that if someone asks Fernando, he i'll probably said it's ok. At least try

Edited by Rodri99

13 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

WTF is with people using discord for gnr chat? last I checked mygnr was still the largest gathering of guns fans. 

It would be interesting to know how many members are here, as in active members that for example have visited this place in 2020, or that have posted in 2020. Would it be in the hundreds?

1 hour ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I met Mark when I was in LA, he was just great and veryyy kind. He showed me aññ GnR stuff he has in Canters Deli and spent some time with and my girlfriend.

He also signed his book for me.

It was great meeting him

I’ve met Marc as well, absolutely lovely guy and didn’t say a bad thing about Axl or anyone when we sat down and chatted. I hope his stuff does see the light of day when he is ready to make it happen. If it is stuff that he recorded way back in the 80’s then surely that belongs to him? I would like to think that ownership is entirely his and that Guns n’ Roses has no claim to it or power over it at all?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DownUnderScott said:

I’ve met Marc as well, absolutely lovely guy and didn’t say a bad thing about Axl or anyone when we sat down and chatted. I hope his stuff does see the light of day when he is ready to make it happen. If it is stuff that he recorded way back in the 80’s then surely that belongs to him? I would like to think that ownership is entirely his and that Guns n’ Roses has no claim to it or power over it at all?

That's another point. His material isn't anything oficial or something like that, so he shouldn't have any problem uploading it. That's good question to ask him. 

9 hours ago, All Cautions Made said:
As you might already know, Marc is planning on opening his vault for the fans and would love to hear your suggestions on what to release, how to do it, and where to do it.

Sorry, but i've had to laugh a bit about this wording.

Why does the opinion of the fans suddenly have to be asked first about everything that might, or might not, to be released ?

Marc has his own homepage, so release it there, and spread the link allover every GnR community, not that hard imo.

But who am i to know shit, have fun at discord.

Edited by EricA
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Discord has risen in popularity in the last couple of years. It started as a Gaming chat where people can play cross-platform games and all chat together, but developed into a way for people to talk about what they love in real time. People started making specific rooms where they can talk about certain topics. I find it really hard to use and most people who do use it are the cringiest type of people 

Yeah, I tried using it but it's hard to follow. 

11 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

It would be interesting to know how many members are here, as in active members that for example have visited this place in 2020, or that have posted in 2020. Would it be in the hundreds?

Members that have visited MYGNR or discord? 

10 hours ago, Rodri99 said:

That's another point. His material isn't anything oficial or something like that, so he shouldn't have any problem uploading it. That's good question to ask him. 

The problem would be if he tries to sell any of the material, if he just uploads it then I don't think there's a huge issue in releasing it... but GNR own the rights to their music, whether it's recorded in a studio or off a camera so if they say no, and he does it anyway then he could end up in the courts and I don't think he wants that and I guarantee key members of GNR past and present don't want that either... but if it comes to it those members will pull together and protect the brand over an old friend.

20 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Is Marc Cantor from Grand funk railroad? Of did I get this wrong? Was he involved with GNR?

Weird.

There's something new around the www it's called 

20200531_200222.jpg.430e75c6032660f69a05ebbc6296965b.jpg

...there you'll find out, who's Marc Canter

(beside the fact, that it's easy to find out on this board too)

...and beside that, you REALLY should check out the members of Grand Funk Railroad !?!?

;)

Edited by EricA
  • Haha 2