Marc Canter Live Chat on Discord

Just now, EricA said:

There's something new around the www it's called 

20200531_200222.jpg.430e75c6032660f69a05ebbc6296965b.jpg

...there you'll find out, who's Marc Canter

(beside the fact, that it's easy to find out on this board too)

...and beside that, you'll REALLY should check out the members of Grand Funk Railroad !?!?

;)

Sorry wasn't born at that time. But thanks for the heads up. My mom loved this band.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Is Marc Cantor from Grand funk railroad? Of did I get this wrong? Was he involved with GNR?

Weird.

That's Mark Farner. Marc Canter was the band's photographer (and recorded many shows) in their early club days. He has been cut off by Axl Rose for daring to publish a book of photos of GNR in 2007, when Axl did not want to promote the old band. After cutting Marc out of his life, Axl subsequently turned into a nolstagia act whoring old Guns for the next decade, showing what a sad hypocrite he is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He was a friend of the band in the early days and basically documented the making of Appetite For Destruction.

51RobSYoKKL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Thanks for the info. I will have to check it out. Sometimes I'm leary because I honestly don't like hearing if Axl wasn't very nice at the time. lol I'm sure any band who makes an amazing album like AFD had to have some off days and tensions too.

2 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

That's Mark Farner. Marc Canter was the band's photographer (and recorded many shows) in their early club days. He has been cut off by Axl Rose for daring to publish a book of photos of GNR in 2007, when Axl did not want to promote the old band. After cutting Marc out of his life, Axl subsequently turned into a nolstagia act whoring old Guns for the next decade, showing what a sad hypocrite he is.

Thanks yeah. lol Silly me. I was putting Mark and Paul Kantor together. OMG! Losing my mind. Thanks so much for setting me straight on the info.l

1 hour ago, EricA said:

...and beside that, you REALLY should check out the members of Grand Funk Railroad !?!?

;)

Such sass🤣

What if, and hear me out on this:

what if Marc were to find a way to work with the band to be able to monotize the videos and GNR can put them on their youtube channel, i dunno, once a week as throwback ‘selects.’

its almost like thats a good idea...

• Like 3

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

what if Marc were to find a way to work with the band to be able to monotize the videos and GNR can put them on their youtube channel, i dunno, once a week as throwback ‘selects.’

That's would be great, we should ask Fernando. Marc's vault should be leaked full not only few seconds without audio.

9 hours ago, EricA said:

...and beside that, you REALLY should check out the members of Grand Funk Railroad !?!?

;)

As a side note GNR have something in common with Grand Funk 👉they covered their song we're an american band,now go ask Marc Cantor where's the audio of this song cause i lost mine 😀 i think yu'll find the song on a bootleg called ultra rare tracks but i don't recall wich volume was

9 hours ago, EricA said:

;)

As a side note GNR have something in common with Grand Funk 👉they covered their song we're an american band,now go ask Marc Cantor where's the audio of this song cause i lost mine 😀 i think yu'll find the song on a bootleg called ultra rare tracks but i don't recall wich volume was

9 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

If they need so much time to upload a fuckin' 13 minute Snippet, then it would take an eternity to upload a 60 - 90 minute video . Oh god please no

30 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

If they need so much time to upload a fuckin' 13 minute Snippet, then it would take an eternity to upload a 60 - 90 minute video . Oh god please no

I know you were joking, but The True difference is Marcs videos are one continuous shot. They would probably look something close to that Metallica video from 83’ they released a couple of weeks ago

6 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

Both I guess, but genuinely curious about how many people visit here at MyGnrforum

I remember a mod talking numbers a few years back, there was thousands monthly! But I don't know the specifics. Depends on what is happening in the crazy world of gnr! 

On 5/30/2020 at 10:33 PM, Tom2112 said:

WTF is with people using discord for gnr chat? last I checked mygnr was still the largest gathering of guns fans. 

Discord is awesome, I prefer the live chat to message board format. But both have their place. There is also less censorship. 

Did anyone figure out what the "Not Axl's fault" stuff he wasn't talking about was? He said he posted it on old message boards, but wouldn't talk about it live. I am curious to see what his opinion on why the breakup and delay of reunion was "not Axl's fault". 

• 2 weeks later...