Melissa Reese Article - Rolling Stone

7 minutes ago, vloors said:

Yes still young compared to everyone else in the band.

Another thing her first ep was made in 2007 with Brain and Bucket. Meaning they would be making songs with a 17 year old if she was born in 1990.  I have my doubts but who knows.

Making music with Brain among other things...he'd have been mid 40's too!

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

17 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Well, there are completist in every fanbase that like to know everything about every member of the band... so I'm sure there's someone eager to read this. If I didn't have to subscribe I'd read this interview, I read one of her interviews a while back and thought she was pretty interesting even when talking about solo stuff that I don't really care about.

I take your point though, she is a member of the band, but she isn't essential. For me, she earns her keep from just the BVs she adds... It's impossible to tell what she is adding on songs like DTJ, She could be utilised more, looking for to the duet on the new record!! ;) 

Yeah, her backing vocals are good, hate duffs, bumblefoot, gilby and Izzy also good.

Like her on Madagascar

6 minutes ago, Brownstone drum said:

Yeah, her backing vocals are good, hate duffs, bumblefoot, gilby and Izzy also good.

Like her on Madagascar

Duff used to be reasonable, but now he's more off than on when he does backing. He should go see a coach... and bring Axl too😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I was listening to the Apollo remix the other day and I can def hear the slide guitar effect in the Chinese Democracy's verses trying to mimic Bumblefoot fretless. 

My thoughts exactly. She does that a lot during the older songs. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EricA said:

GnR would be lost without Melissa Reese, now i've heard it all.

As a backing singer it's a fair comment. They'd be fine obviously but a lot of bands don't put thought into the BVs and they are important. Duff is grand for most things though.

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I hope that youth can rub off on the band to release new recordings, and release music like creative bands in her age group.

Highly doubt that. Looks like shes happy doing her own thing and gnr is nothing but a gig that pays the bills. Judging by her solo stuff not totally sure if she even likes rock tbh lol she seems to be more into the hiphoprnb scene if anything 

3 hours ago, vloors said:

Highly doubt that. Looks like shes happy doing her own thing and gnr is nothing but a gig that pays the bills. Judging by her solo stuff not totally sure if she even likes rock tbh lol she seems to be more into the hiphoprnb scene if anything 

LOL so thats dizzy, slash, melissa and duff that have done or do have other solo projects currently outside GNR. I think that should tell Axl something!.

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

LOL so thats dizzy, slash, melissa and duff that have done or do have other solo projects currently outside GNR. I think that should tell Axl something!.

It tells everyone where the problem lies.

Even if he cant write songs anymore, plenty of other artists use song writers instead. No reason why he cant.

All he needs to do is get off his ass and record some vocals.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sweersa said:

That would definitely be on the unusual side! Of course in the realm of Bucket, who knows. 

It is cool there there is still a connection to Bucket with a current GN'R member. Gives me some hope...

gives u hope for what exactly? a bucket return? a new album? anything?

the article will be along the lines of... oh the guys are all so sweet, axl is such a cool guy, hes jokey and not what you would expect.. and i love the tour and blah blah blah..

anyone hanging out for this rubbish needs a good look at themselves.

13 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

So where is this article?

Behind a paywall. Presumably no one wants to pay a monthly subscription to read it. I know I don’t. Even Melissa hasn’t felt the need to mention it on her social feeds.

For all we know it might not even be an interview with her.

Edited by Stress Fracture

Fans should be realistic. Slash will most likely release two or three SMKC albums in the 2020s. I wouldn't even expect a single (similar to Oh My God) from GN'R. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

Fans should be realistic. Slash will most likely release two or three SMKC albums in the 2020s. I wouldn't even expect a single (similar to Oh My God) from GN'R. 

I think we will get a new GN'R record within the next 3 years.

Of course, I thought the same thing in 2008 in regards to a follow-up album.

10+ years later...

Nothin. Except for Nothin and a handful of other leaked songs from 2000-2001. lol