Chinese Democracy Vinyl

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Update / non update:

Record is still out floating around the world. As someone predicted earlier in the thread, the tracking just stopped being updated a month ago when the record left Russia. 

So, essentially I'm living 1999 - early 2008 all over again: I know work has been done on Chinese Democracy, I know it's on it's way to me and I know I'll have it someday. However, I've stopped receiving any sort of accurate updates lol. 

I have two packages coming from Russia, as mentioned earlier the tracking on one stopped in May after customs, presumably on the way here. They are just historic USSR made North Korean flags for their Navy at the time, so no reason to be seized by customs, same goes for your record. They will make it, in time.

I am imagining they have a shipping container, and they are working to fill it to maximize use of overhead before it departs, and minimize amount of vessel travel (sea or air, who knows) 

My stuff usually comes in through customs in NY, or NJ. The latter is lightning fast, usually not there longer than a day or so. NY can take up to ten days or more sometimes.

• Like 1

This thread has rekindled my love of vinyl! I've been going a little crazy, filling out my GnR and solo LPs and singles collection. Finding a (new to me) Izzy song from a single I never had was a real gem!

And thanks to Discogs, I even bought the Izzy Live EP from Japan on CD that I had always wanted :headbang: 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Got one of my flags in! My brother says stuff from Russia (he frequently orders dug up WW2 relics) take about 3 months currently, which is about how long my flag took.

Great to hear. Still no CD vinyl here, but I'll keep patiently waiting. 

2 hours ago, DTV88 said:

This thread has rekindled my love of vinyl! I've been going a little crazy, filling out my GnR and solo LPs and singles collection. Finding a (new to me) Izzy song from a single I never had was a real gem!

And thanks to Discogs, I even bought the Izzy Live EP from Japan on CD that I had always wanted :headbang: 

There's a thread in the My World section for all things turntables & vinyl. You should come join us :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Great to hear. Still no CD vinyl here, but I'll keep patiently waiting. 

There's a thread in the My World section for all things turntables & vinyl. You should come join us :)

I'll have to check it out!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Which Izzy song?

I gotta disagree here. While my CD vinyl DOES have 2 skips (if memory serves). Despite that, everytime I listen to it I appreciate the album far more than listening to CD or MP3's. I find it has a fullness to the vinyl that gets lost in other formats. Maybe that's just me though???

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I gotta disagree here. While my CD vinyl DOES have 2 skips (if memory serves). Despite that, everytime I listen to it I appreciate the album far more than listening to CD or MP3's. I find it has a fullness to the vinyl that gets lost in other formats. Maybe that's just me though???

To be fair - we all agree regarding the fullness etc....it’s just that for most of us the CD vinyl are defective. I mean - properly bad! It’s why we are all annoyed as the parts which are fine sound tremendous.

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

To be fair - we all agree regarding the fullness etc....it’s just that for most of us the CD vinyl are defective. I mean - properly bad! It’s why we are all annoyed as the parts which are fine sound tremendous.

I agree that they (and mine) are "defective" due to the skips. Beyond what I said earlier, it's also the only time I listen to the whole album. It just becomes a more satisfying experience, plus it also makes me appreciate/underatand the album more. When the album first came out, I listened to it start to finish many times. All these years later though, I NEVER listen to the CDs or MP3's start to finish now. But with the vinyl I do. Even the songs I'm not particularly fond of (scraped, rhiad) I like them better within the contexts of the album, and vinyl does that for me. Other songs like Maddy stand out THAT much more on vinyl as well imo. Which that isn't a song that I'm overly in love with, it's probably not even on my phone right now. But on vinyl I do like it far more. If that makes sense?

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I agree that they (and mine) are "defective" due to the skips. Beyond what I said earlier, it's also the only time I listen to the whole album. It just becomes a more satisfying experience, plus it also makes me appreciate/underatand the album more. When the album first came out, I listened to it start to finish many times. All these years later though, I NEVER listen to the CDs or MP3's start to finish now. But with the vinyl I do. Even the songs I'm not particularly fond of (scraped, rhiad) I like them better within the contexts of the album, and vinyl does that for me. Other songs like Maddy stand out THAT much more on vinyl as well imo. Which that isn't a song that I'm overly in love with, it's probably not even on my phone right now. But on vinyl I do like it far more. If that makes sense?

Oh totally I get it. Just listening to vinyls in general makes for a better listening experience - sounds better and you can’t skip tracks!!

• 3 weeks later...

My record still hasn't shown up. Tracking showed it left Russia in the last week of June and there's been no updates since then.

It's not the sellers fault, but Jesus is this frustrating. 

As frustrating as 12 years since the last new release? :lol:

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

As frustrating as 12 years since the last new release? :lol:

I've ordered tons of records from all over the earth, including during the pandemic. They've all shown up in a reasonable time frame. It makes all the sense in the world that this would happen with CD lol

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My record still hasn't shown up. Tracking showed it left Russia in the last week of June and there's been no updates since then.

I've ordered a couple things from the US recently, where tracking said it had been shipped, then no updates for 1-2 months, then it randomly shows up at my door. As a CD fan, that kind of wait time should be no problem for you :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Most of his stuff is just CD or digital, but he's re-issued a bunch of his older albums on vinyl, and a few Pike albums. Ion records did a few pressings of Population Override and Bucketheadland 2.

Bucketheadpikes.com is his site.

Yep. He re-released some of his better albums on vinyl, in some instances with rerecorded tracks etc. I picked up a bunch. Couldn't afford them all though and when I checked a few weeks ago it seems most of them have now sold out. I don't know how many dressings he did. Good work though. Love Bucket.

14 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Yep. He re-released some of his better albums on vinyl, in some instances with rerecorded tracks etc. I picked up a bunch. Couldn't afford them all though and when I checked a few weeks ago it seems most of them have now sold out. I don't know how many dressings he did. Good work though. Love Bucket.

Yea I was really happy when he re-released Crime Slunk Scene and Shadows Between The Sky. He was doing special editions with DVDs or guitar strings and stuff, but I think he stopped doing that.

He recently posted the song My Sheetz on his site, so hopefully Somewhere Over The Slaughterhouse gets re-pressed soon.

On 8/15/2020 at 11:02 AM, RussTCB said:

Patience is the name of the game with foreign stuff. I know Ireland stuff from IE to the US is frozen currently. Russia stuff has made it, but takes months from Russia. Sometimes tracking picks up when it hits the US, other times it never does, and you just get it. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My LP was FINALLY delivered a few minutes ago! Hooray! No FBI symbol on the back and the records look perfect. I'm excited to spin it later and I hope it lives up to the hype of no inner groove distortion! 

Nice, enjoy!

• Like 1

My LP was FINALLY delivered a few minutes ago! Hooray! No FBI symbol on the back and the records look perfect. I'm excited to spin it later and I hope it lives up to the hype of no inner groove distortion! 

Enjoy!! Just hope it not attached with Russian poison:lol: