Chinese Democracy Vinyl

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My LP was FINALLY delivered a few minutes ago! Hooray! No FBI symbol on the back and the records look perfect. I'm excited to spin it later and I hope it lives up to the hype of no inner groove distortion! 

You’ll really appreciate it, honestly. The non-skip really means you get the full experience. Put it on loud, lie on the sofa and do nothing but relax listening. That’s what I did!

3 hours ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

You’ll really appreciate it, honestly. The non-skip really means you get the full experience. Put it on loud, lie on the sofa and do nothing but relax listening. That’s what I did!

I spun Side 1 this afternoon and it sounded every bit as good as I was hoping it would. I'm really happy with it. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Was the general sound any better? The outer sides sounded great on the US version - but wondered if it sounded even better on the EU one?

There's no inner groove distortion on the EU pressing I got, which is awesome. The last song on each side sounds just as clear as the first song on each side, which is all I wanted. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Unbelievably....I have just scored a sealed EU copy from Discogs £45?!?! Turned up yesterday...mint condition?!!

Most copies go for minimum £75 and are 2nd hand used!!

🥳

Utterly ridiculous it’s out of print/not available to buy normally (not to mention not being defective).

Edited by DTJ80
  • GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Unbelievably....I have just scored a sealed EU copy from Discogs £45?!?! Turned up yesterday...mint condition?!!

Most copies go for minimum £75 and are 2nd hand used!!

🥳

Utterly ridiculous it’s out of print/not available to buy normally (not to mention not being defective).

Good stuff Man, I knew you’d get something that worked better than a trade from Canada! 

19 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Good stuff Man, I knew you’d get something that worked better than a trade from Canada! 

👍 cheers. Couldn’t believe it when I saw it at that price and still sealed. Fate!!

Plus - after our previous conversation I got rid of a fair whack of my CDs which were just wasting space and got £70 which covered the vinyl. Result!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread because I finally got Chinese Democracy on vinyl today.

European press, found a super sweet deal on eBay from a local seller. Great conditions, much cheaper than what I would have paid for a copy in the same condition on Discogs.

Gave it a spin this afternoon and it sounds good. Just one of my fave albums ever.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

European press, found a super sweet deal on eBay from a local seller. Great conditions, much cheaper than what I would have paid for a copy in the same condition on Discogs.

Gave it a spin this afternoon and it sounds good. Just one of my fave albums ever.

👍 Result.

Its still ridiculous it’s out of print in the first place.

12 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

The Euro press does sound way better, especially on the last songs of each side. Enjoy!

5 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

👍 Result.

Absolutely. I had it on my amazon wishlist lIterally for years and when I finally decided to get it I found out it had gone oop in the meantime and it was quite pricey on the second hand market.

I'm happy I decided to wait a little bit and this nice deal came up. Giving it another spin soon.

All of this said, I hope if they press it again, they will finally get a decent version out for the American market too. I'm lucky because I'm in Italy, therefore I could easily find the European version, but it must have been horrible for all the fans from overseas.

On 11/30/2020 at 8:35 PM, Twinaleblood said:

It's my favorite GN'R album, so I was very happy to finally get a copy on vinyl that sounds excellent. 

On 12/1/2020 at 4:39 AM, DTJ80 said:

👍 Result.

Just another benefit of being a Guns N Roses fan lol

On 12/1/2020 at 9:19 AM, DTV88 said:

The Euro press does sound way better, especially on the last songs of each side. Enjoy!

Absolutely. The first couple of tracks on each side sound about the same to me. But the last two tracks on each side sound WORLDS better on the European pressing since there's no inner groove distortion 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's my favorite GN'R album, so I was very happy to finally get a copy on vinyl that sounds excellent. 

Just another benefit of being a Guns N Roses fan lol

Absolutely. The first couple of tracks on each side sound about the same to me. But the last two tracks on each side sound WORLDS better on the European pressing since there's no inner groove distortion 

I moan about this - a lot. On the official website you can effectively only buy AFD.....utterly ridiculous that a massive band with such a small discography don’t sell their stuff from their own website. Never mind the fact that half the stuff is out of print regardless of where you try and buy it! And EVEN THEN you get Chin Dem out there and a massive chunk are defective!!!!?!? 😤

36 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I moan about this - a lot. On the official website you can effectively only buy AFD.....utterly ridiculous that a massive band with such a small discography don’t sell their stuff from their own website. Never mind the fact that half the stuff is out of print regardless of where you try and buy it! And EVEN THEN you get Chin Dem out there and a massive chunk are defective!!!!?!? 😤

All I can say is I hear ya. One of the many ways that GN'R managed to kill my love for the band. 

There is one for sale on the Dutch site marktplaats.nl (don’t know exactly which version). I am not interested as I am one of the people in the “nah... CD is not really GNR” camp, but of course that doesn’t mean that I don’t want to share the link here. 

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/cd-s-en-dvd-s/vinyl-hardrock-en-metal/m1637245197-guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy.html?previousPage=lr

The site has a copy of Spaghetti Incident - orange vinyl as well (have that one already)

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/cd-s-en-dvd-s/vinyl-rock/m1634491355-guns-n-roses-the-spaghetti-incident-orange-vinyl.html?previousPage=lr