New Melissa Reese Article

I guess the question about her age has finally been answered then.

"A couple of weeks before Guns N’ Roses kicked off their 2016 reunion tour, keyboardist Melissa Reese got a call from Chinese Democracy producer Caram Costanzo. “We may be looking for a keyboard player,” she remembers him saying. “I didn’t even realize he was talking about me. Then he said, ‘What are you doing for the next few years?’”

Many thoughts flooded her head at once. First off, Reese was just 25 and didn’t really know the Guns N’ Roses catalog outside of mega-hits like “Sweet Child O’ Mine” and “Welcome to the Jungle” (both released before she was born)..."

• Like 2

I wish Bucket was in.  I would have payed to see this. He probably would have needed a new one lol.

I just puked in my mouth and I looked like a chipmunk for a second, but then I fucking swallowed it. I told the technicians and they were like, ‘Someone get Blue a bucket!’ So now there’s always a blue bucket in case something like that happens to me.”

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

"A couple of weeks before Guns N’ Roses kicked off their 2016 reunion tour, keyboardist Melissa Reese got a call from Chinese Democracy producer Caram Costanzo. “We may be looking for a keyboard player,” she remembers him saying. “I didn’t even realize he was talking about me. Then he said, ‘What are you doing for the next few years?’”

Many thoughts flooded her head at once. First off, Reese was just 25 and didn’t really know the Guns N’ Roses catalog outside of mega-hits like “Sweet Child O’ Mine” and “Welcome to the Jungle” (both released before she was born)..."

That's one of the craziest moments of happenstance in music. Just random call and boom you're in GN'R. Obviously the Brain connection is there, but still. Kinda wacky. 

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

So GNR have a member still in their 20's. I wonder if she really thinks GNR are a bunch of old farts. She obviously wasn't a fan if she just knew the mega-hits

5 minutes ago, WildStar said:

So GNR have a member still in their 20's. I wonder if she really thinks GNR are a bunch of old farts. She obviously wasn't a fan if she just knew the mega-hits

It says later in the article that she's now 30, so she would've got the gig shortly before turning 26. Pretty impressive... and lucky :lol:

So the article confirms (quoting Brain) that Pitman was fired and didn't quit.

---------

This is funny:

In early 2016, Mantia looked down at his phone and saw a bunch of missed calls from an unknown number. “Any time I get an unknown call, it’s either the IRS, Buckethead or the Guns N’ Roses camp,” he says. “And I never answer, because if I wind up talking to Bucket, that’ll be a five-hour conversation. If it’s the IRS, fuck that. If it’s the Guns camp, I’d just usually…any unknown I’d just let go to voicemail.”

12 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

The interview with most infirmations since reunion...

And now, after age info, we can understand her IG posts...

That's the biggest revelation since the egyptian hieroglyphs.

Edited by Sosso

48 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

She says they are like big brothers. Axl did this

During a 2018 show at Aloha Stadium in Hawaii, she felt a tug on her hair midway through a song. She looks back and sees Axl Rose standing there with a big chunk of blue hair in one hand and a large pair of scissors in the other. “I’m like, ‘What the fuck is going on?'” she says. “I stopped playing and started screaming. He runs away and I don’t know if he’s taken off a huge chunk or what.”

It turns out the hair wasn’t hers — it was all a practical joke that Axl spent weeks meticulously plotting out. He even had a tour assistant bring him different wigs with all sorts of shades of blue so he could find the perfect match for her hair. “They went through all the possibilities of what might happen,” says Reese. “Someone even said she might grab the scissors and stab you. But he was so pleased with himself and it was pretty fucking rad.”

Yeah I know. I wonder what she thinks 

51 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It says later in the article that she's now 30, so she would've got the gig shortly before turning 26. Pretty impressive... and lucky :lol:

I know Wikipedia had her birth year slashed for a while which caused great debate and confusion, but it was based on a article that talked about her age but didn't specify at which point in the year. This would seem to confirm that 1990 is correct!

Who needs new pro-shot videos when information like this is coming out!

• Like 1