New Melissa Reese Article

43 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Lockdown is not good for miss freeman

If some guy had comments like that about her - he sure would be called out as at least sexist...

I read comments below her post - it seems there are bunch of butthurted backup singers.

And it seems that they don't get the difference - Melissa obviously has smth "on paper" that she is a "member-member"...

"Miss Freeman" thinks that all those children were part of Pink Floyd?

After this - I'm approaching differently to her Brando interview and "facts" she said there...

Edited by -Jaro-
  • Wow 1

21 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

After this - I'm approaching differently to her Brando interview and "facts" she said there...

No, that's a whole different story.

But somehow Roberta hits the same "self-pitying" notch with her post about Mel, as Matt partly does in his book about the past, i really don't get it.

Edited by EricA
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, James Bond said:

Was there anything more to her and Brain beyond collaborating? I remember people saying in the beginning that she was his girlfriend (definitely making the age questionable), but that's not what I gather from the article. Seems like she just fit the bill for the type of musician he wanted to collaborate with after leaving Guns. I really don't think the article is lying. Everything seems to line-up and that school link isn't even accurate (as pointed out above).

In some interview (I listened to it on youtube) he said that they were together for sometime but working and living together was to much.

Rolling Stone has updated the article, replacing the text in parentheses in the second paragraph.

Original article:

Many thoughts flooded her head at once. First off, Reese was just 25 and didn’t really know the Guns N’ Roses catalog outside of mega-hits like “Sweet Child O’ Mine” and “Welcome to the Jungle” (both released before she was born), and playing stadiums with a veteran rock band was not a career path she had spent much time contemplating. Also, she knew enough about GN’R to know that even by the standards of Eighties hard rock, it was a dude-heavy operation. (Up until that point, 21 men had played with the group and not a single woman.)

https://web.archive.org/web/20200610164324/https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/guns-n-roses-melissa-reese-interview-1003943/

Updated article:

Many thoughts flooded her head at once. First off, Reese was just 25 and didn’t really know the Guns N’ Roses catalog outside of mega-hits like “Sweet Child O’ Mine” and “Welcome to the Jungle” (both released before she was born), and playing stadiums with a veteran rock band was not a career path she had spent much time contemplating. Also, she knew enough about GN’R to know that even by the standards of Eighties hard rock, it was a dude-heavy operation. (Up until that point, the only women to play in the group were backup singers, keyboardists and horn players used on much of the Use Your Illusion tour. None of them were official members of the band.)

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/guns-n-roses-melissa-reese-interview-1003943/

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Wow 2

57 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Hehe... now there stands - Roberta Freeman was on stage but is irrelevant 😂. Guess, she got what she wanted....

• Haha 1

I'm with Roberta on this one.

For Melissa to talk about "breaking the glass ceiling" is embarrassingly stupid. It really makes her come across as if she was born yesterday. Makes me wonder what world she lives in if a tiny role in a band of men old enough to be her dad/granddad equates breaking the glass ceiling. There are so many women who have achieved so much more in various fields. Being invited to join GNR may have been a big step for Melissa, but it certainly wasn't a giant leap for womankind.

Edited by Scream of the Butterfly
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lio said:

So she does lie about her age? That's a bit pathetic.

Has she mentioned her age before this article? I can't remember.

If she hasn't, could it be that RS (as she isn't directly quoted about her age in the article) didn't get its fact correctly?

• Like 1

This is what Axl said about the "member" thing back in the day:

AXL: This "member" thing is quite interesting, I read in an interview where Matt [Sorum, drummer] said that if he didn't get made a member, he wasn't going to be in Guns N' Roses. The truth of the matter is, Matt's a member of GN'R, but it doesn't really mean anything. It's kind of like a clubhouse/gang thing. We're all members of this gang. What it boils down to is, whose yard is the tree house in? Matt's a member of GN'R, and his opinions are taken into consideration. As far as that's concerned, Gilby is a member too, Dizzy is a member of the band. With all the background singers, horn players, keyboardists - we look at it like we're all Guns N' Roses. But the bottom line is, the business is basically run by Slash and myself. Then we run whatever it is we're discussing by Duff and see if he's cool with it. Guns N' Roses is basically Slash, Duff, Doug Goldstein and myself, but there's a lot of other people involved that are a part of our lives and a part of our family.

DEL: Do you think Matt's gonna be pissed when he reads this?

AXL: It would be nice if he wasn't. I love everybody in this band. It's kicking ass and feels really warm and really cool onstage. At this point it's the 12 of us that get onstage and f?!king go all out.

DEL: There's 12 of you?

AXL: There's Teddy, there's Dizzy, there's Roberta, Tracy, Lisa, CeCe, Anne, Gilby, Matt, Duff, Slash and me. Slash put this new band together, did all of the groundwork. He did such an amazing job that I just can't believe it really happened. I'm glad to be a part of it. It's a pretty huge thing, and we might even add some dancers, like we used to have back in the old Troubadour days. It's something we've considered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Has she mentioned her age before this article? I can't remember.

If she hasn't, could it be that RS (as she isn't directly quoted about her age in the article) didn't get its fact correctly?

Possibly. I only remember always reading on here her age was a well kept secret. I suppose that's why I thought it wouldn't be too farfetched to believe she shaved a few years off her age. Bit silly since you could just find it online. 

I hope RS made the mistake. I'd rather have crappy journalism than people be ashamed about their age.

• Like 2

Hm, having read properly now, they do stress her young age a few times. Saying she wasn't even born for afd and lies. And she's quoted as well saying she doesn't know about their history as she wasn't born then. 

Doesn't seem like a slipup to me. It's not like a casual mention of her age.

35 minutes ago, Lio said:

Hm, having read properly now, they do stress her young age a few times. Saying she wasn't even born for afd and lies. And she's quoted as well saying she doesn't know about their history as she wasn't born then. 

I thought that maybe she told Andy Greene, the RS writer, that she was 25 when she started working with Brain and he got it mixed up with the time she started working with GnR. That would fit with the timeline given in the article, as, from what Brain is quoted saying, it can be concluded that he started working with Melissa shortly after he left GnR. Otherwise, if she was 25 when she joined GnR, it would mean that she was 16-17 (so still in school) when she started working with Brain, which would be unlikely and... odd. Plus, like you said, it would be silly of her to lie.

Greene writes that she was born before AFD, which could be a result of his mixing it up. Then she is directly quoted saying that she wasn't around for the shady stories that surrounded GnR and she doesn't know if she was even born for that. Maybe she doesn't know (and hasn't cared enough to learn) details about when the band was formed? I don't know...

Edited by Blackstar

26 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That would fit with the timeline given in the article, as, from what Brain is quoted saying, it can be concluded that he started working with Melissa shortly after he left GnR. Otherwise, if she was 25 when she joined GnR, it would mean that she was 16-17 (so still in school) when she started working with Brain, which would be unlikely and... odd. Plus, like you said, it would be silly of her to lie.

No, they were working together before that, because it says they had to interrupt their work every time GNR went on tour.

Not that it really matters anyway, but they don't make it easy to document :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lio said:

Plus the whole Taylor Swift thing someone mentioned above. These people wanting to make her the next Taylor Swift doesn't make any sense if she's really that old already.

It's definitely not a slip-up imo, but to go to such lengths to fake her age would be extremely bizarre as well.

And yet, that girl in the pictures Blackstar posted definitely looks like her. 

Maybe Melissa is a genius and skipped a couple of grades in school :lol:

If she graduated younger than usual, her age would still be off by a couple of years, but at least not nearly a decade :lol:

Edited by loke212

5 minutes ago, Lio said:

No, they were working together before that, because it says they had to interrupt their work every time GNR went on tour.

Not that it really matters anyway, but they don't make it easy to document :lol:

Oh yes, you're right, I missed the part where Brain says he had to run to the GnR gig and interrupt his work with her. 

7 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

If some guy had comments like that about her - he sure would be called out as at least sexist...

I read comments below her post - it seems there are bunch of butthurted backup singers.

And it seems that they don't get the difference - Melissa obviously has smth "on paper" that she is a "member-member"...

"Miss Freeman" thinks that all those children were part of Pink Floyd?

Ted Andreadis post his support to Roberta too. It is a "war" between GNR old and "new" members....:lol:

This is getting weird about the age thing :wow::lol:

Some new observations,

-  If she indeed mislead RS about her age, its odd that she offered up the info about what high school she went to in this very same RS article. If she lied, why would she offer up the evidence to find the 'truth?' Mentioning her school only prompts any real life classmates to come out of the woodwork.

- She's a very 'online' type of person so, as far as her lying to RS (which she doesnt get quoted on), its hard for me to imagine that she doesnt understand the likelihood that there would be these type of records (alleged) easily found online.

- She has done product placement/influencer adds for clothing and shoes on her socials. I strongly suspect her many candy mentions and hashtags are also paid. And if not paid currently, they are certainly calling out to the candy companies for a partnership. I have a hard time believing that the clothing and likely candy companies didnt vet her thoroughly.

- The website in question lists her as "Class of 2000" on the first page we were presented with and yet it also has pics of her from the 2001 yearbook. If this is an inconsistency, these types of things undermine its credibility. 

- And yes, Brain did talk about how they dated. Would be an odd move to, if one is going to lie, to lie in a way that makes Brain - her business and creative partner to this day - out to be an absolute creep, possibly to a criminal degree (this has already been mentioned by others in various ways). I hate to get this tacky and gross, but Brain left Guns because he was becoming a father... I feel like a tabloid reporter now :facepalm:

Edited by soon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1