New Melissa Reese Article

9 minutes ago, soon said:

- The website in question lists her as "Class of 2000" on the first page we were presented with and yet it also has pics of her from the 2001 yearbook. If this is an inconsistency, these types of things undermine its credibility. 

Yes, it seems that when someone make name search in the database of that site it lists her as class of 2000. But with a simple registration you can browse the the pages of the actual yearbooks (that's where the pics I posted are from).

I'm not completely familiar with the U.S. education system. In "Class of 2000", 2000 stands for the beginning of the senior year or for the year of graduation?

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, it seems that when someone make name search in the database of that site it lists her as class of 2000. But with a simple registration you can browse the the pages of the actual yearbooks (that's where the pics I posted are from).

I'm not completely familiar with the U.S. education system. In "Class of 2000", 2000 stands for the beginning of the senior year or for the year of graduation?

I can go by the norms in Canada, but sometimes US is different (for instance they do dates as month/day/year whereas we do day/month/year).

Here the graduating class would designate year of graduation, as @SOH has clarified as I type. Also there is only one yearbook issued per school year, so the one listed as 2000 would be 99-2000, and the 2001 would be 2000-2001. In that sense school years in general are named after the year that they end.

The biggest indicator to me is that in the 2001 photos the students are dressed up. Men in tuxedos and women in black, scooped V necks. This is a typical ritual for the graduating class. The 2000 pics dont appear do be dressed up. The colour photos are sometimes reserved for the graduating class too.

2 minutes ago, soon said:

I can go by the norms in Canada, but sometimes US is different (for instance they do dates as month/day/year whereas we do day/month/year).

Here the graduating class would designate year of graduation, as @SOH has clarified as I type. Also there is only one yearbook issued per school year, so the one listed as 2000 would be 99-2000, and the 2001 would be 2000-2001. In that sense school years in general are named after the year that they end.

The biggest indicator to me is that in the 2001 photos the students are dressed up. Men in tuxedos and women in black, scooped V necks. This is a typical ritual for the graduating class. The 2000 pics dont appear do be dressed up. The colour photos are sometimes reserved for the graduating class too.

Yes, the 2000 photos are from the 2000 (=1999-2000) school year and are listed under that year's "juniors".

The 2001 photos are from the 2001 (= 2001-2001) and are listed under that year's "seniors".

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Right, in my yearbook we weren't even listed in the same format as the usual block of people with small pictures next to each other. We had dedicated inserts of us dressed up for our "senior pictures". My first attempt at getting them done led to my Mom deciding to get me eye surgery because I was almost completely cross-eyed in my fancy, expensive pictures.

13 minutes ago, SOH said:

Right, in my yearbook we weren't even listed in the same format as the usual block of people with small pictures next to each other. We had dedicated inserts of us dressed up for our "senior pictures". My first attempt at getting them done led to my Mom deciding to get me eye surgery because I was almost completely cross-eyed in my fancy, expensive pictures.

Oh my, Im not sure how to respond to this... I hope that it was you who wanted the surgery.

Also, I guess your Mom hadnt been paying attention to your face prior to the expensive pics? And see, that can have its benefits in high school especially if you like to party or get your nose pierced :lol: j/k 

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

So she's actually Class of 2001 then?

If that's the case she must have lied about people planning on her being the next Taylor Swift so. She would've been 25 I think by the time Taylor would've been starting it out. Good article and was an interesting read, but all the (potential) lies seem a bit unnecessary. 

She looks amazing for 38 if that is the case though 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 9:30 PM, RussTCB said:

If you read the paragraph from the interview about just how little Duff & Slash cared about who was joining the band, you'll know all you need to know about this sham of a band. 

Yeah, it definitely can be viewed like that. I guess. But Pittman was axed and they needed someone ASAP for the tour. My guess is Slash and Duff were probably like, “we can live with or without a second keyboardist.” But TBH, I like her contributions to the live show. If I had to choose one keyboardist for this group, it wouldn’t be Dizzy. Hahaha

Also, respective to that time period, they probably didn’t even know if the live shows would go beyond Coachella. So it probably was important to find someone capable enough, but they all ended up enjoying working together.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Haha 1

Just now, IrishgunnerII said:

For the love of god why are people caring this much about Mellisa's age ? It's hardly that important lads. It's not the third secret of Fatima . 

They have to discuss something without new music :shrugs:

How long is her hair? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

For the love of god why are people caring this much about Mellisa's age ? It's hardly that important lads. It's not the third secret of Fatima . 

Unless this Fatima's first two secrets are being hot and being a member of Guns, I'd counter that you have your priorities twisted :lol: j/k

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Well Fatima is a place not a person is this case and its secret is religious in nature.

Far out, man. Too cool. Well, no one lights a lamp just to hide it under a clay bowl and all that. So thats something to look forward to in dreary 2020!

6 hours ago, registra said:

If that's the case she must have lied about people planning on her being the next Taylor Swift so. She would've been 25 I think by the time Taylor would've been starting it out. Good article and was an interesting read, but all the (potential) lies seem a bit unnecessary. 

She looks amazing for 38 if that is the case though 

I don't understand why she would lie about that though. What's the big deal about being in her 30s? Doesn't make any sense.

Plus if she's lying about this and about becoming the next Taylor Swift what else is she lying about? Maybe about her status of membership in GnR? Or stretching the truth a little?

Edited by MaskingApathy

14 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

This is what Axl said about the "member" thing back in the day:

AXL: This "member" thing is quite interesting, I read in an interview where Matt [Sorum, drummer] said that if he didn't get made a member, he wasn't going to be in Guns N' Roses. The truth of the matter is, Matt's a member of GN'R, but it doesn't really mean anything. It's kind of like a clubhouse/gang thing. We're all members of this gang. What it boils down to is, whose yard is the tree house in? Matt's a member of GN'R, and his opinions are taken into consideration. As far as that's concerned, Gilby is a member too, Dizzy is a member of the band. With all the background singers, horn players, keyboardists - we look at it like we're all Guns N' Roses. But the bottom line is, the business is basically run by Slash and myself. Then we run whatever it is we're discussing by Duff and see if he's cool with it. Guns N' Roses is basically Slash, Duff, Doug Goldstein and myself, but there's a lot of other people involved that are a part of our lives and a part of our family.

DEL: Do you think Matt's gonna be pissed when he reads this?

AXL: It would be nice if he wasn't. I love everybody in this band. It's kicking ass and feels really warm and really cool onstage. At this point it's the 12 of us that get onstage and f?!king go all out.

DEL: There's 12 of you?

AXL: There's Teddy, there's Dizzy, there's Roberta, Tracy, Lisa, CeCe, Anne, Gilby, Matt, Duff, Slash and me. Slash put this new band together, did all of the groundwork. He did such an amazing job that I just can't believe it really happened. I'm glad to be a part of it. It's a pretty huge thing, and we might even add some dancers, like we used to have back in the old Troubadour days. It's something we've considered.

The most accurate definition of the band member status was given by Mr. Jack Black in School of Rock. 

d1109fbf-599a-427f-bdb1-68b26f15bd72_tex

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Sosso said:

The most accurate definition of the band member status was given by Mr. Jack Black in School of Rock. 

d1109fbf-599a-427f-bdb1-68b26f15bd72_tex

There's more truth to that than many people realize.

Also I think it's kind of pathetic that Melissa didn't do her research to get educated on the past history of GnR after it was confirmed that she was in. This isn't any old generic pop act, she's joining one of the most infamous legendary bands in all of rock n roll history.

• Like 1

You know what, I like her, she brings great backing vocals, energy, doesn't seem to have any bs with her and seems to love what she's doing which some other members lack.

As far as to what she's doing up there, I'm sure it wouldn't be popular if she just stood there between doing vocals or keyboard buckethead style.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

There's more truth to that than many people realize.

Also I think it's kind of pathetic that Melissa didn't do her research to get educated on the past history of GnR after it was confirmed that she was in. This isn't any old generic pop act, she's joining one of the most infamous legendary bands in all of rock n roll history.

Yes, plus Brain was a member before. If a friend of mine was in a world touring band, I think I'd know everything about it. She seems very blasé about it. 

6 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yes, plus Brain was a member before. If a friend of mine was in a world touring band, I think I'd know everything about it. She seems very blasé about it. 

She couldn't care less who was in the band before her or the scandals the band has caused. It's just a well paid gig for her, nothing more and nothing less.