Band Version Demo Slow Motion Breakdown

Dude! This is awesome! I love your vocals and you weren't kidding about that chorus :headbang:Also, that is my kind of guitar solo!

When you get these tracks out there... dont forget to send us a postcard from the tour bus rock3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the song and your vocals. I like the heavy guitar in the chorus and the outro solo, it reminded me a lot of Pearl Jam's Alive because of the chord progression. 

If you want my honest opinion though, I didn't care about the drums. The snare is was way too tight and it didn't sound good to my ears. The simplistic rhythm guitars in the verses were also kinda like there. I would rather use some more Hendrix-ish chords and licks to fill the space. Sure, that's just my personal opinion.

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

I like the song and your vocals. I like the heavy guitar in the chorus and the outro solo, it reminded me a lot of Pearl Jam's Alive because of the chord progression. 

If you want my honest opinion though, I didn't care about the drums. The snare is was way too tight and it didn't sound good to my ears. The simplistic rhythm guitars in the verses were also kinda like there. I would rather use some more Hendrix-ish chords and licks to fill the space. Sure, that's just my personal opinion.

You're absolutely right, the things you mentioned are the issues I have also. But it is a demo and those things will definitely be addressed.

• Like 1

Once again the song is stellar and the vocals are a highlight. Seriously, I must sound like a broken record every time you post a new song or demo but you really do have a great voice.

Constructively I will echo what the others have said about the drums. Very flat, very dry.

Also I dig the licks in the chorus. That helps elevate it, but the verses are begging for some of that action too. The outro rocks! I almost wish it went on longer. That'd be killer for a live track.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

Once again the song is stellar and the vocals are a highlight. Seriously, I must sound like a broken record every time you post a new song or demo but you really do have a great voice.

Constructively I will echo what the others have said about the drums. Very flat, very dry.

Also I dig the licks in the chorus. That helps elevate it, but the verses are begging for some of that action too. The outro rocks! I almost wish it went on longer. That'd be killer for a live track.

Yeah, the drums are just kind of there. We just kind of set it up and rolled through, wanted to get a feel more than anything. Plus,  I double tracked my vocals which was new, fun though. 

Its a cool man, thanks for the heads up. Well done. IMO it could do with shrinking down to 3 to 3.5 min mark, whilst keeping the outtros, chorus', etc. But what do I know? Imagine it's hard to cull chunks, but to my ears it'd benefit from being a bit shorter.

13 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

Its a cool man, thanks for the heads up. Well done. IMO it could do with shrinking down to 3 to 3.5 min mark, whilst keeping the outtros, chorus', etc. But what do I know? Imagine it's hard to cull chunks, but to my ears it'd benefit from being a bit shorter.

No problem, I send out some DMs because no one checks out the musician's section.😄 Yeah, it could be tightened up a bit, we tried a tempo shift in the third verse but messed it up.