Whatever happened to Desi (Dezi) Craft (Izzy’s 1985-1986 gf) ?

wg1md71lcg1g7m1d.jpg?skj2io4l

Does anyone know what happened to Desi Craft? She’s one of the few you don’t hear talk about the early days of GNR. It doesn’t seem she has a social media. I don’t think that’s her real name. From what I heard she was 14/15 when dating Izzy. Poor girl.

Someone on tumblr said she was 18 (I thought her and Izzy were made to break up because Desi was underage).

Is she still alive? From someone else they said she contacted Izzy on Twitter. Anyone have the tweet?

Edited by Uniicorn

13 minutes ago, Uniicorn said:

wg1md71lcg1g7m1d.jpg?skj2io4l

Does anyone know what happened to Desi Craft? She’s one of the few you don’t hear talk about the early days of GNR. It doesn’t seem she has a social media. I don’t think that’s her real name. From what I heard she was 14/15 when dating Izzy. Poor girl. Is she still alive? 

She kinda reminds me of a female Izzy.

Definitely not her real name.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 2

She totally looks like a female Izzy :lol:

2 hours ago, Rayno said:

I remember Marc mentioning her in Reckless Road was the reason Izzy didn't want to do anything with the book. Marc also mentioned she was a heavy drug addict.

Izzy seems to try hard to avoid contact with anyone from his drug past (and drug dealer past), which I can't blame him for.

He also probably doesn't want to draw attention to the fact that he was apparently dating a 14/15 year old.

I am not familiar with Marc's book. I would think all those from the past of 35-40 years do not want to be found or cannot be found.  Hopefully all went to live productive lives. Craft was probably not her real name.

Edited by Amaya

On 6/12/2020 at 4:30 PM, Uniicorn said:

Yeah :lol:. She does look like Izzy. 

She did resemble  him back then .Definitely not her real name so wherever she is, she can be annonymous.. Yes he was with a 15 yr old girl, awful of him and worst of who did not care for her and thus she was probably a runaway. Enough said. Very sad. I really hope all those pitiful girls turned out ok. Highly doubtful. Izzy and the gang had God, if you believe, good fate, destiny, , good luck and good  people. the AFD 5 met up and had a record company and really  good people looking out, best possible ,for them in spite of themselves then. Pivotal life game changer for the better for them. 

Edited by Amaya

Is this the girl that Don’t Cry was written about? Or is that someone else? I recall Axl saying that the song was written about a gf of Izzy that he was also in love with, and that song was written in 1985, which would be around the time Izzy was dating this chick (or just before).

33 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Is this the girl that Don’t Cry was written about? Or is that someone else? I recall Axl saying that the song was written about a gf of Izzy that he was also in love with, and that song was written in 1985, which would be around the time Izzy was dating this chick (or just before).

No this is a different girl. That was about Monique Lewis who Axl was in love with. According to Tracii Monique dated everyone in the original lineup (Rob, Izzy, Ole, Axl, and Tracii). This girl is Desi Craft Izzy’s stripper gf. 

• Thanks 1