Need your help!

British journalist Paul Elliot had written in Kerrang in 1991 that he had listened to a demo of You Could Be Mine in 1987, when the band was in England for the Marquee shows:

"THE BAND had a rough demo of 'You Could Be Mine’ when they were holed up in Kensington on their first trip to the UK back in the Summer of ’87. Between those famous Marquee gigs, they played a song on a ghetto blaster and sang Axl’s lines in rough harmony. The band are now a little older and a lot richer, but this song is still the same hard bastard, only with cooler guitar breaks" [Kerrang! July 20, 1991].

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3994-1991-07-20-kerrang-singlez-gn-r-latest-news-update-no-illusion-til-september

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 2

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

British journalist Paul Elliot had written in Kerrang in 1991 that he had listened to a demo of You Could Be Mine in 1987, when the band was in England for the Marquee shows:

"THE BAND had a rough demo of 'You Could Be Mine’ when they were holed up in Kensington on their first trip to the UK back in the Summer of ’87. Between those famous Marquee gigs, they played a song on a ghetto blaster and sang Axl’s lines in rough harmony. The band are now a little older and a lot richer, but this song is still the same hard bastard, only with cooler guitar breaks" [Kerrang! July 20, 1991].

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3994-1991-07-20-kerrang-singlez-gn-r-latest-news-update-no-illusion-til-september

I remember this too. I remember thinking that must be why they had the famous "bitch slap rapping, cocaine tongue" lyric on the Appetite album

• Like 1

People are probably sick of the Metallica comparisons by now... so here's a different comparison. :P

Ozzy Osbournes "See You On The Other Side" box is signed, numbered, has 24 colour/splatter LPs, 10 posters, and behind-the-scenes and live videos. It's $500.

If GNR can pack 20+ LPs into a signed box set, they'd have my $500 in a heartbeat.

• GNFNR 3

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

Anyone know where best place to get Locked and Loaded boxset is these days? Has it sold out? It's over £1000 on ebay.

Isn’t it still available on the official GnR site?

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

People are probably sick of the Metallica comparisons by now... so here's a different comparison. :P

Ozzy Osbournes "See You On The Other Side" box is signed, numbered, has 24 colour/splatter LPs, 10 posters, and behind-the-scenes and live videos. It's $500.

If GNR can pack 20+ LPs into a signed box set, they'd have my $500 in a heartbeat.

We need a box to continue the collection. It would awesome look next to the LnL. You can buy it in sale like the LnL.... just have patience.

On 01/07/2020 at 8:39 PM, SONOFABITCH said:

@troccoli

i have come out of posting retirement to give you this very special important message about a UYI BOX SET:

-It needs to include as much Steven Adler as possible.  This would include the entire Mates rehearsal from 1989 which includes Adler drumming on Coma.  It is a travesty this is being boarded.  

-UYI would benefit from sounding more raw and angry.  In order to do that, Dizzy Reed should be eliminated from most if not all songs.  

-There has got to be a You Could Be Mine demo  with Steven Adler on it and we want to hear it.  

-get rid of sound effects on KOHD and Coma.  

To recap the more Adler the better and less Dizzy Reed.  We want raw Appetite style rock.   In fact, if there isn’t much Adler UYI material, hire him to add his drums on every UYI song and lose the keyboards and UYI will rival Appetite’s greatness.  

/SOB

This is a great post, I enjoyed reading it with my brown windsor soup. Mouth watering.

The early mixes of Civil War and KOHD (Nobody’s Child Benefit Album and Days of Thunder soundtrack)

Don’t Cry demo

Yesterdays live Vegas ‘92

KOHD from the Freddie benefit

Coma from Live Era

Shadow Of Your Love from the Live and Let Die single. (Not the LLAS version)

LALD live Wembley ‘91

I think that’s all that’s out there as far as b-sides from UYI 1 and 2, right? Not counting the Slash interview from the Civil War EP.

There’s also the weird version of KOHD from the one disc version of UYI that has the phone call section completely edited out.

Edited by The Real McCoy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Real McCoy said:

The early mixes of Civil War and KOHD (Nobody’s Child Benefit Album and Days of Thunder soundtrack)

Don’t Cry demo

Yesterdays live Vegas ‘92

KOHD from the Freddie benefit

Coma from Live Era

Shadow Of Your Love from the Live and Let Die single. (Not the LLAS version)

LALD live Wembley ‘91

I think that’s all that’s out there as far as b-sides from UYI 1 and 2, right? Not counting the Slash interview from the Civil War EP.

There’s also the weird version of KOHD from the one disc version of UYI that has the phone call section completely edited out.

I never knew that that - if that’s right then it’s actually a good thing. The telephone call part is rubbish (I’m sure they have said as much themselves).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I never knew that that - if that’s right then it’s actually a good thing. The telephone call part is rubbish (I’m sure they have said as much themselves).

It’s definitely edited out. I have the disc. It’s not the cleanest edit in the world, but if you never knew that it was there in the first place, you wouldn’t notice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

It’s definitely edited out. I have the disc. It’s not the cleanest edit in the world, but if you never knew that it was there in the first place, you wouldn’t notice.

👍 good to know. Why they put it in to begin with.....bad move. 😂

• Like 1

Late to the party, but:

- Footage of GnR in the studio for UYI. If it still exists, primarily Axl working is what I want. 

- UYI I & II remastered (honestly though, these are good mixes and masters. I'm not sure how much of an improvement we can get.)

- Demos, original UYI recordings, unreleased songs, instrumentals, etc. Stuff we haven't heard. 

- Perfect Crime documentary 

HEAVY FOCUS ON LIVE SHOWS FROM 91-93. THIS is is what we all want. FULL LENGTH ON VIDEO. Properly mixed and mastered. Good quality. No bullshit. Potentially audio versions alongside them.

- 91 shows. Inglewood. MSG. Greensboro. Wembley

- 92 shows. Prague. Paris. Chicago. Las Vegas. A ton of others I'm missing. All the good ones. We all get it.

- 93 shows. Munich. New Haven. Oslo. Milton Keynes. Final Argentina show (best Nightrain ever. And just an important show in general). 

We should have a section of what we DO NOT WANT as well. I feel this is very important to note as to not drive up the price with dumb filler stuff:

- Reusing anything from Live Era 87-93. 

- Tokyo 92 exclusively (I'll take it if there are plenty of other shows)

- Littered with dumb collectibles. Coins. Guitar picks. Postcards. Cheesy 3x5 pictures. Bandanas. You get the idea. I like a good quality lithograph though. Can't lie.

With how out of touch the GnR team is with proper content and marketing, here is what I think they're capable of. Which means what type of fuck-up I'm sure they're going to produce from sheer lack of competence:

- Remaster of UYI I and II

- Some demos, not nearly as many as AFD boxset. Maybe a rehearsal.

- Tokyo 92 in slightly better picture quality.

- Maybe one single 91 or 92 show (audio only), because they're too incompetent to also include the video of the show.

- Reusing Live Era bullshit. Potentially including it entirely. Including Spaghetti Incident too.

- Knocking on Heaven's Door and Paradise City from Freddie Mercury Tribute on video.

- Tons of dumb collectibles. 

That's the truth.

Edited by derekness
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, derekness said:

Late to the party, but:

- Footage of GnR in the studio for UYI. If it still exists, primarily Axl working is what I want. 

- UYI I & II remastered (honestly though, these are good mixes and masters. I'm not sure how much of an improvement we can get.)

- Demos, original UYI recordings, unreleased songs, instrumentals, etc. Stuff we haven't heard. 

- Perfect Crime documentary 

HEAVY FOCUS ON LIVE SHOWS FROM 91-93. THIS is is what we all want. FULL LENGTH ON VIDEO. Properly mixed and mastered. Good quality. No bullshit. Potentially audio versions alongside them.

- 91 shows. Inglewood. MSG. Greensboro. Wembley

- 92 shows. Prague. Paris. Chicago. Las Vegas. A ton of others I'm missing. All the good ones. We all get it.

- 93 shows. Munich. New Haven. Oslo. Milton Keynes. Final Argentina show (best Nightrain ever. And just an important show in general). 

We should have a section of what we DO NOT WANT as well. I feel this is very important to note as to not drive up the price with dumb filler stuff:

- Reusing anything from Live Era 87-93. 

- Tokyo 92 exclusively (I'll take it if there are plenty of other shows)

- Littered with dumb collectibles. Coins. Guitar picks. Postcards. Cheesy 3x5 pictures. Bandanas. You get the idea. I like a good quality lithograph though. Can't lie.

With how out of touch the GnR team is with proper content and marketing, here is what I think they're capable of. Which means what type of fuck-up I'm sure they're going to produce from sheer lack of incompetence:

- Remaster of UYI I and II

- Some demos, not nearly as many as AFD boxset. Maybe a rehearsal.

- Tokyo 92 in slightly better picture quality.

- Maybe one single 91 or 92 show (audio only), because they're too incompetent to also include the video of the show.

- Reusing Live Era bullshit. Potentially including it entirely. Including Spaghetti Incident too.

- Knocking on Heaven's Door and Paradise City from Freddie Mercury Tribute on video.

- Tons of dumb collectibles. 

That's the truth.

To be fair - it’s the record company pushing this not TB and its they who have reached out to understand what the fans want (clearly learning from the AFD LNL mistakes).

Edited by DTJ80
Awful spelling
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

To be fair - it’s the record company pushing this not TB and is they who have reached out to understand what the fans want (clearly learning form he AFD LNL mistakes).

You're definitely right. I guess it's just hard for me to get my hopes up. Because all of us know what we've always wanted for decades now. 

Edited by derekness
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, derekness said:

You're definitely right. I guess it's just hard for me to get my hopes up. Because all of us know what we've always wanted for decades now. 

To be honest mate - I’ll take anything they put out...something has to be better than nothing! 😂

2 hours ago, derekness said:

Its hard to imagine a good shit. We need to have faith.... 

I concord with your petitions/wishes... and would add some of the late 91 show. That have a very good camera work. Like Florida 91 ... the new years eve.... wembley 91... 

1 minute ago, Nice Boy said:

What's so bad about the telephone call on KOHD? It doesn't add or subtract from the song for me. It's just a thing that's there. I can't see why anyone would be like omg that's do terrible.

?

People just think it's needless extra production probably. I think it's fine too

5 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

What's so bad about the telephone call on KOHD? It doesn't add or subtract from the song for me. It's just a thing that's there. I can't see why anyone would be like omg that's do terrible.

?

3 minutes ago, derekness said:

People just think it's needless extra production probably. I think it's fine too

It’s just a waste of time and needless IMO. I don’t see the point in it.....but it doesn’t ruin the song or anything like that.

On 2020-07-02 at 10:25 PM, axlvai said:

We need a box to continue the collection. It would awesome look next to the LnL. You can buy it in sale like the LnL.... just have patience.

If they want to release some 'music room memorabilia' piece then they should release it separately, a simple box is good enough by most rock fans standards. The focus should be on the audio/video content for the UYI box sets, not the packaging it comes in.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If they want to release some 'music room memorabilia' piece then they should release it separately, a simple box is good enough by most rock fans standards. The focus should be on the audio/video content for the UYI box sets, not the packaging it comes in.

Sure no doubt. The content is important im with u on that. For the same reason LnL had a Super Deluxe version. 

The rock fans standars? If they release good stuff i would love to see all the options available for all the standars.