Need your help!

I would love to refer them to Prince's 1999 box set that recently came out.  It has a great remaster, a couple of disks of unreleased material/demos, a full live concert on CD, and a DVD of a perviously unreleased show from that era as well

One thing I think we absolutely need is GNR as a live entity from the UYI days to be represented properly beyond the Tokyo DVDs. 

• Like 2

+ CD of remastered UYI 1 & 2

+ Blu Ray Audio of UYI 1 & 2

+ An album with B-sides, demos that bridges the gap between the AFD and UYI eras, and available demos of covers that were later included in The Spaghetti Incident.

+ As much as I'd like some live recordings included, the price point for just the above (which roughly matches what AFD had) - would make it a fairly expensive box set.  If they really are serious about releasing old material, I'd prefer a live series of releases that can mix up eras so it doesn't seem like you're listening to a lot of the same.

While GNR have largely played a lot of the same songs since 1987, I'd say there's enough variety just within the UYI tour cycle to make it interesting to release multiple shows.

All of this is wishful thinking.  

Edited by Spike Killer
  • Like 1

This still is my wishlist:

I don’t need any remastered version of the UYI albums! 

The boxset should be: 

- demos 

- instrumentals 

- alternative / rough mixes 

- unreleased songs (eg Ain‘t goin down)

- blu ray: perfect crime documentary (uncensored) 

- blu rays: three unreleased complete gigs; one of 91, 92 and 93 each

- maybe a photobook, but definitely no tshirts or replica bullshit

- no reissues of the UYI singles 

- no audio only live shows 

The music should be included on vinyl and CD, lets say 4 LPs and 2 CDs. 

The price should be 250€/$ max.

Standalone versions of the vinyl/blu rays would be great for those who are interested in specific items only. 

• Like 1

People here might not want lithos, but I’d love one of Coma and the other artwork included in the liner notes 

If they won’t include shows, include reissues of TSI and Live Era on vinyl. 

Obviously anything unreleased, alt mixes, TSI and demos that include Steven 

Making Fn Videos 

An Inflatable Dolphin just to make fans groan 

• GNFNR 1

Okay, I just took a quick post workout shower and my thoughts started flowing:

one thing that I think should be handled differently with this box set is the live material. Obviously it looks like the band is trying to gauge interest in live material, something that should have been done for the AFD release, but is totally awesome its being done now.

the 3 tracks that came on the AFD release besides the ‘Live Like a Suicide’ ep (which wasn’t live btw) were from the Marquee club, and I believe all 3 had been previously used on British versions of singles in 1988 if im right? Maybe not Whole Lotta Rosie, but I’m told they only had good tape of a few songs?

As much as I love the almost 3 hours of demo’s, b-sides And re-records of songs we’ve heard a million times already (and some for the first time in a clear studio version), I think a lot of people were attracted to this band especially in the early 90’s because of the live shows and the reputation of being the baddest band in the land and never knowing what could happen on that stage. The band were able to back it up as well and it made for a great show, one of the greatest tours of all time.

to handle this material, I say don’t put all your eggs in the same basket in regards to the live material. I felt like on the AFD box set, the ‘live material’ gets kind of drowned out in different versions of songs. Especially on that second disk, it feels cluttered and there are a bunch of things happening on that disk. It just feels like there could have been a separate disk with a full live show from that era, anywhere from 1987-1989 and it would have just made that whole package THAT much better. Even if it was the Ritz show thats forever engrained in our memories as fans.

I think if the band are going to do this ‘massive’ box set correctly, they need to prioritize the live material, not over the studio material, but just prioritize it in general. Also, you have to take ‘Live/Era’ off the table. Don’t include it with this, just don’t please. 

You guys gave AFD 4 disks and a cassette. Give me 10 disks (DVD’s included) and a USB drive and I’ll rock your marketing world: 

Remaster UYI. Give us a UYI 1.5 with all the leftovers/re-records from the studio.

Remaster UYI II. Give us a UYI 2.5 with all the leftovers/re-records from the studio.

the 5th disk will be rarities/b-sides/demos that never made it past a demo and misc. stuff we may have never heard before. 

Disk 6, 7, and 8 (and I can’t stress this enough) NEED to be live material. If you know anything about this band at that time, there were almost 3 ‘eras’ of Guns between 1991-1993, and I think all 3 of them should be immortalized and remembered. 

I will admit, I am not the biggest Gun’s bootleg collector, but before the Youtube bans, I had my favorite shows saved and marked as favorite. So, I will say this, I don’t care if the show is widely circulated already, theres a reason its widely circulated. 

1991 will be remembered for the pure raunchiness and stripped down band and: IZZY. This band was so fucking tight and were this big badass rock n roll band making a shit ton of noise. Perfect Crime, Dust & Bones, 14 Years, etc. shows were different lengths. A 1991 show in full, perferably from the U.S. run of shows would be absolutely amazing to have in full HD audio. Slash, Izzy, Duff and Axl screaming for his life, some nights with a broken foot. Clean up the audio, cut the solos if you need to save time. Oh man thinking of it is giving me goosebumps.

1992 has the Tokyo shows forever immortalized in history, so I wouldn’t totally be opposed to having those redone for BluRay or even 4K isn’t there a way to hook up Dolby Sonos and have like really clear and crisp audio? All the big bands like Metallica and Pearl Jam are using it. It would be something to look into, but im not sure about the market on that. A new show from 1992 would be over the top, especially from that UK tour. Those UK fans were out for fucking BLOOD bad then. At concerts. Football events, you name it. The band was in its most glorious form to date: Tracy & Roberta, Dizzy, Teddy Zigzag, the horn section. The fireworks. The ‘razzle-dazzle’ it was all there. If im not mistaken, MTV filmed most of the Wembley show from that year? 6/13/92 is amazing and has Brian May play Queen classic’s with Axl singing unlike the Freddie Tribute show... but if you REALLY want to drop the fucking bomb and blow EVERYONE’s minds, the show the next night in Manchester OPENS with Nightrain. Holy fuck!!! They did that very randomly in 1992.. I feel like the sentiment that Axl went down a list of songs and just picked is some what true from that era. I think if he was really feeling it, they would open with Nightrain instead of the typical Easy. Although you could sub this whole section for Milton Keynes 93 and give us a  different 1992 show if you wanted:lol:

which leads me to 1993. Any Skin N’ Bones show would probably be a good listen as well. They got back to the roots, stripped it down and also played a little acoustic for the first time since Lies. You also have Gilby in the mix and probably more audible and better mix then some of the 1992 shows, hes also had time to fit in and be around the guys more. It would be cool to get that Saskatoon show that essentially threw off this whole GNR-youtube ban, but the easiest thing to do would be to finally get the ‘last show’ in all its HD/4K glory. 

Disk 9 can be the remastered UYI era Tokyo show as one DVD. The next DVD can be of one of the shows on CD, so you can have the audio AND the show. Or you could just do one, either or the other. 

it could be 2 CD’s and a DVD, or 3 CD’s no DVD, etc etc. Any way you want to frame it, I think all 3 ‘eras’ need to be represented in some way, even if you water it down to a ‘live-era’ esq compilation that isn’t live era god dammit, Axl shit the bed when he released that.

put it all on a USB drive so that you can import the files into your Itunes and get the videos to pop up on your Computer or TV and theme it like early/mid 90’s HTML coding with little gif images of the band from that time period, because? 90’s. 

I don’t think Studio stuff starts to matter with this band until the Chinese democracy era. I hope this release has the live material from this era everyone has been hoping for and waiting for SINCE that time period.

i just hope this doesn’t fall on deaf ears either, even though my hope for this band had pretty much run dry. it truly isn’t hard to put in some effort. 

• Like 1

I think this MUST HAVE:

- Perfect Crime Documentary - The UYI Doc

- 1 or 2 live show UNRELEASED like: Inglewood 1991, any 1992 show or a Skin N Bones Tour show - PLEASE DON'T CHOOSE TOKYO 92 

Another option of live footage is a compilation of the best songs live, something like the Iron Maiden's 2DVD FLIGHT 666. - I think this will be a better option because you can add great or rare live performances of each song, like "November Rain" under the Rain in Colombia 1992, WTTJ in Argentina 92/93, Dont Cry Alt in Prague 92, Breakdown in MSG 91, etc. 

- Live show in audio, like REAL "Live Era" but 91-93. 

- Unreleased mix tapes or better mix with the leaked audios.

- New song previously unreleased? 

- Alternative versions of the UYI songs?

Something that could be killer is if you buy the "super fucking deluxe edition" or whatever, you can choose a digital copy of a UYI live show of your country (that is not in the UYI box). 

Edited by feli1269
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I would love to refer them to Prince's 1999 box set that recently came out.  It has a great remaster, a couple of disks of unreleased material/demos, a full live concert on CD, and a DVD of a perviously unreleased show from that era as well

One thing I think we absolutely need is GNR as a live entity from the UYI days to be represented properly beyond the Tokyo DVDs. 

Absolutely. It was also priced well, which is vital. 

I know it's not really what you want to hear @troccoli but that really is something I'd love you to stress via any label contact you have. Even the 4cd/Blu-ray add was insanely highly priced when compared to other artists. I know it seems minor, but in my view pricing really does matter in terms of how a product is initially perceived and recieved. 

Content wise, live material is important I feel. 

An ideal release would be:

CD 1/2: Remastered albums

CD3: B-sides and demos

CD4: Demos

CD5: Live highlights 

DVD: Live performances

I think perhaps simplicity is key to giving people what they want in terms of the product. 

Leaving things out always seems to annoy people, so if they go down the route of demos/first takes I'd say either include all or nothing. 

The final LA Forum show (with Shannon Hoon) where they played the long setlist would be my ideal live inclusion. 

Thanks for asking us! Good luck with any input you're making.  

• Like 1

Here's a bit more detailed version of my earlier post. I'd pay a few hundred bucks for this:

Disc 1: UYI 1 remastered (CD + LP)

Disc 2: UYI 2 remastered (CD + LP)

Disc 3: TSI? remastered, with bonus tracks (CD + LP)

Disc 4: Rough Mixes + Instrumentals (CD)

Disc 5: Axl's Advance Copy, remastered (CD)

Disc 6: Inglewood August 3 1991 (multiple CD's)

Disc 7: Pantages Theatre 1991 blu-ray

Disc 8: Paris 1992 blu-ray

Disc 9: Las Vegas 1992 blu-ray

Disc 10: Skin N' Bones show on blu-ray

Disc 11: One of the above shows on vinyl (Probably 3 LP's)

Disc 12: Rarities CD
1. Coma (Chicago 1992)
2. Breakdown (MSG, December 13 1991)
3. Locomotive (MSG, December 13 1991)
4. Bad Apples (Pantages or Rio 1991)
5. You're Crazy (w/ Sebastian Bach Toronto 1991)
6. You Ain't The First (w/ Shannon Hoon Inglewood 1991)
7. Don't Cry (Alt lyrics Prague 1992)
8. Mama Kin (w/ Steven Tyler and Joe Perry Paris 1992)
9. Train Kept A Rollin' (w/ Steven Tyler and Joe Perry 1992)
10. Tie Your Mother Down (w/ Brian May Wembley June 13 1992)
11. We Will Rock You (w/ Brian May Wembley June 13 1992)
10. Out Ta Get Me (New Orleans 1992)
11.  Everything (I forget which '92 show this was played at)
12. Garden Of Eden (Austin, Birmingham or Portland 1993)
13. Reckless Life (Boston 1993)
14. Honky Tonk Women (w/ Ronnie Wood Milton Keynes 1993)
15. Dead Flowers (Paris 1993)
+ probably some others that I'm forgetting right now

Disc 13: Any "home demos", rehearsals with Steven, or other early demos (CD)

Disc 14: Tokyo DVDs

Disc 15: Makin' Fuckin' Videos (DVD)

Disc 16: Ain't Goin' Down 7" single (remastered, b-side can be Nightcrawler or an unheard TSI? outtake)

Disc 17: Yesterdays 12" picture disc (remastered)

Disc 18: Don't Cry 12" single (remastered, hologram cover)

Disc 19: Live And Let Die 12" single (remastered, coloured vinyl)

Disc 20: November Rain 12" picture disc (remastered)

Disc 21: Since I Don't Have You 7" (remastered, coloured vinyl)

Disc 22: Sympathy For The Devil 7" (remastered)

*If they can release a YCBM 12" reissue, then add that too, but I don't know how the Terminator trademarks would play into that.

USB stick with HQ audio of all the above. No trinkets, no extravagant packaging, just take my $300.

20 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Here's a bit more detailed version of my earlier post. I'd pay a few hundred bucks for this:

Hide contents

1. Coma (Chicago 1992)

Disc 16: Ain't Goin' Down 7" single (remastered, b-side can be Nightcrawler or an unheard TSI? outtake)

*If they can release a YCBM 12" reissue, then add that too, but I don't know how the Terminator trademarks would play into that.

USB stick with HQ audio of all the above. No trinkets, no extravagant packaging, just take my $300.

I like this but reckon price wise it would be a killer - the number of actual LPs and Blu rays would send price sky high. As an example, this was MetallicAs AJFA reissue which cost me about £200 at launch (and I think is value for money):-

…And Justice For All super deluxe edition

VINYL: …AND JUSTICE FOR ALL (REMASTERED) (180g)

SIDE ONE

Blackened

…And Justice for All

SIDE TWO

Eye of the Beholder

One

SIDE THREE

The Shortest Straw

Harvester of Sorrow

The Frayed Ends of Sanity

SIDE FOUR

To Live Is to Die

Dyers Eve

VINYL: “ONE” PICTURE DISC

SIDE ONE:

One

SIDE TWO:

Seek & Destroy (Live at Reunion Arena, Dallas, TX – February 5th, 1989)

VINYL: LIVE – SEATTLE ’89 (triple LP) Newly mixed by Greg Fidelman

SIDE ONE

The Ecstasy of Gold

Blackened (Live – Seattle ’89)

For Whom the Bell Tolls (Live – Seattle ’89)

Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Live – Seattle ’89)

SIDE TWO

Harvester of Sorrow (Live – Seattle ’89)

The Four Horsemen (Live – Seattle ’89)

The Thing That Should Not Be (Live – Seattle ’89)

SIDE THREE

Bass Solo (Live – Seattle ’89)

Master of Puppets (Live – Seattle ’89)

Fade to Black (Live – Seattle ’89)

SIDE FOUR

Seek & Destroy (Live – Seattle ’89)

…And Justice for All (Live – Seattle ’89)

One (Live – Seattle ’89)

SIDE FIVE

Creeping Death (Live – Seattle ’89)

Guitar Solo (Live – Seattle ’89)

Battery (Live – Seattle ’89)

SIDE SIX

Encore Jam (Live – Seattle ’89)

Last Caress (Live – Seattle ’89)

Am I Evil? (Live – Seattle ’89)

Whiplash (Live – Seattle ’89)

Breadfan (Live – Seattle ’89)

CD: …AND JUSTICE FOR ALL (REMASTERED)

Blackened

…And Justice for All

Eye of the Beholder

One

The Shortest Straw

Harvester of Sorrow

The Frayed Ends of Sanity

To Live Is to Die

Dyers Eve

CD: INTERVIEWS Previously Unreleased

KSDT Interview with Jason

Circus Magazine Interview with James

KNAC Report from LA Monsters of Rock

KHDX Interview with Kirk

Metal Forces Magazine Interview with Lars

CD 3: RIFFS, JAMS & DEMOS Previously Unreleased except where noted.

DISC ONE

Blackened (1987, From James’ Riff Tapes)

Blackened (1987, From James’ Riff Tapes II)

…And Justice for All (1987, From James’ Riff Tapes)

…And Justice for All (1988, From James’ Riff Tapes)

Eye of the Beholder (1987, From James’ Riff Tapes)

Eye of the Beholder (1987, From James’ Riff Tapes II)

One (1987, From James’ Riff Tapes)

The Shortest Straw (1986, From James’ Riff Tapes)

The Shortest Straw (1986, from James’ Riff Tapes II)

Harvester of Sorrow (1987, From James’ Riff Tapes)

The Frayed Ends of Sanity (1987, From James’ Riff Tapes)

To Live Is to Die (1986, From James’ Riff Tapes)

To Live Is to Die (1988, From James’ Riff Tapes)

Dyers Eve (1986, From James’ Riff Tapes)

Dyers Eve (1987, From James’ Riff Tapes)

Blackened (October 1987, Writing in Progress)

…And Justice for All (October 1987, Writing in Progress)

…And Justice for All (October 1987, Writing in Progress II)

One (October 1987, Writing in Progress)

The Shortest Straw (October 1987, Writing in Progress)

…And Justice for All (November 1987, Writing in Progress)

The Frayed Ends of Sanity (November 1987, Writing in Progress)

One (November 1987, Writing in Progress)

Dyers Eve (November 1987, Writing in Progress)

Eye of the Beholder (November 1987, Writing in Progress)

To Live Is to Die (November 1987, Writing in Progress)

The Shortest Straw (December 1987, Writing in Progress)

Harvester of Sorrow (December 1987, Writing in Progress)

DISC TWO

Blackened (November 1987 Demo)

…And Justice for All (November 1987 Demo)

Eye of the Beholder (November 1987 Demo)

One (November 1987 Demo) *previously released & newly remastered

The Frayed Ends of Sanity (November 1987 Demo)

Eye of the Beholder (January 1988 Demo)

The Shortest Straw (January 1988 Demo)

Harvester of Sorrow (January 1988 Demo)

Dyers Eve (January 1988 Demo)

To Live Is to Die (January 1988 Demo)

CD: ROUGH MIXES FROM THE VAULT Previously Unreleased

Blackened (Work in Progress Rough Mix)

…And Justice for All (Work in Progress Rough Mix)

Eye of the Beholder (Work in Progress Rough Mix)

One (Work in Progress Rough Mix)

The Shortest Straw (Work in Progress Rough Mix)

Harvester of Sorrow (Work in Progress Rough Mix)

The Frayed Ends of Sanity (Work in Progress Rough Mix)

To Live Is to Die (Acoustic Intro) (Work in Progress Rough Mix)

To Live Is to Die (Work in Progress Rough Mix)

Dyers Eve (Work in Progress Rough Mix)

Breadfan (Work in Progress Rough Mix)

The Prince (Work in Progress Rough Mix)

*CD: LIVE AT THE TROUBADOUR, WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA – MAY 24TH, 1988 + B SIDES * Previously Unreleased

DISC ONE Previously Unreleased

Creeping Death (Live at The Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA – May 24th, 1988)

For Whom the Bell Tolls (Live at The Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA – May 24th, 1988)

Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Live at The Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA – May 24th, 1988)

The Four Horsemen (Live at The Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA – May 24th, 1988)

Whiplash (Live at The Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA – May 24th, 1988)

Fade to Black (Live at The Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA – May 24th, 1988)

Seek & Destroy (Live at The Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA – May 24th, 1988)

Master of Puppets (Live at The Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA – May 24th, 1988)

Encore Jam (Live at The Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA – May 24th, 1988)

Last Caress (Live at The Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA – May 24th, 1988)

Am I Evil? (Live at The Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA – May 24th, 1988)

Battery (Live at The Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA – May 24th, 1988)

DISC TWO Tracks 1-4 previously unreleased. Tracks 5-12 newly remastered.

Encore Jam #2 (Live at The Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA – May 24th, 1988)

Harvester of Sorrow (Live at The Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA – May 24th, 1988)

Leper Messiah (Live at The Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA – May 24th, 1988)

Blitzkrieg (Live at The Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA – May 24th, 1988)

Breadfan (Remastered)

The Prince (Remastered)

For Whom the Bell Tolls (Live at Reunion Arena, Dallas, TX – February 5th, 1989)

Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Live at Reunion Arena, Dallas, TX – February 5th, 1989)

Seek & Destroy (Live at Reunion Arena, Dallas, TX – February 5th, 1989)

Creeping Death (Live at Reunion Arena, Dallas, TX – February 5th, 1989)

Harvester of Sorrow (Live at Seattle Coliseum, Seattle, WA – August 29th, 1989)

One (Live at Seattle Coliseum, Seattle, WA – August 29th, 1989)

Breadfan (Live at Seattle Coliseum, Seattle, WA – August 30th, 1989)

Last Caress (Live at Seattle Coliseum, Seattle, WA – August 30th, 1989)

CD: LIVE AT HAMMERSMITH ODEON, LONDON, ENGLAND – OCTOBER 10TH, 1988 + RADIO EDITS Previously unreleased except where noted

DISC ONE

Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

The Four Horsemen (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

Harvester of Sorrow (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

Eye of the Beholder (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

Bass Solo (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

Master of Puppets (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

Damage, Inc. (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

One (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

Seek & Destroy (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

…And Justice for All (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

DISC TWO

Encore Jam (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

Creeping Death (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

Fade to Black (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

Guitar Solo (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

Battery (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

Encore Jam #2 (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

Last Caress (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

Am I Evil? (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

Whiplash (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, London, England – October 10th, 1988)

Eye of the Beholder (Radio Edit) *previously released & newly remastered

One (Radio Edit) *previously released & newly remastered

…And Justice for All (Radio Edit) *previously released & newly remastered

CD: LIVE AT LONG BEACH ARENA, LONG BEACH, CA – DECEMBER 7TH, 1988 + MORE Previously Unreleased

DISC ONE

Blackened (Live at Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA – December 7th, 1988)

For Whom the Bell Tolls (Live at Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA – December 7th, 1988)

Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Live at Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA – December 7th, 1988)

Leper Messiah (Live at Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA – December 7th, 1988)

Harvester of Sorrow (Live at Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA – December 7th, 1988)

Eye of the Beholder (Live at Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA – December 7th, 1988)

Bass Solo (Live at Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA – December 7th, 1988)

Master of Puppets (Live at Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA – December 7th, 1988)

One (Live at Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA – December 7th, 1988)

Seek & Destroy (Live at Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA – December 7th, 1988)

DISC TWO

…And Justice for All (Live at Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA – December 7th, 1988)

Encore Jam (Live at Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA – December 7th, 1988)

Creeping Death (Live at Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA – December 7th, 1988)

Fade to Black (Live at Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA – December 7th, 1988)

Guitar Solo (Live at Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA – December 7th, 1988)

Battery (Live at Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA – December 7th, 1988)

Last Caress (Live at UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL – November 17th, 1988)

Am I Evil? (Live at UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL – November 17th, 1988)

Whiplash (Live at UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL – November 17th, 1988)

DVD 1: …AND CAMCORDERS FOR ALL & “ONE”

…AND CAMCORDERS FOR ALL Previously Unreleased

Intro

Barcelona

Leiden

San Francisco

San Antonio

Dallas

Philadelphia

Buffalo

Auckland

Osaka

Hoffman Estates

Richfield

Thornville

Greenville

Atlanta

Biloxi

Concord

Irvine (Night #2)

Irvine (Night #3)

Sao Paulo

Sao Paulo

“ONE”

2 of One Introduction with Lars

“One”

“One (Jammin’ Version)”

“One (Live at the 31st Annual GRAMMY® Awards)”

“ONE” B-ROLL

Intro

Band

Lars

Kirk

James

Jason

More Band

DVD 2: LIVE AT SHORELINE AMPHITHEATRE, MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA – SEPTEMBER 15TH, 1989 Previously Unreleased

The Ecstasy of Gold

Blackened

For Whom the Bell Tolls

Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

Harvester of Sorrow

The Four Horsemen

The Thing That Should Not Be

Bass Solo

Master of Puppets

Fade to Black

Seek & Destroy

…And Justice for All

One

Creeping Death

Guitar Solo

Battery

Encore Jam

Last Caress

Am I Evil?

Damage, Inc.

Blitzkrieg

Breadfan

**DVD 3: LIVE AT THE STONE BALLOON, NEWARK, DE – AUGUST 7TH, 1989 Previously Unreleased

Backstage Shit

The Ecstasy of Gold

Creeping Death

For Whom the Bell Tolls

Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

The Four Horsemen

Harvester of Sorrow

Phantom Lord

Bass Solo

Master of Puppets

Fade to Black

No Remorse

Seek & Destroy

Last Caress

Am I Evil?

Motorbreath

Hit the Lights

Blitzkrieg

Damage, Inc.

Breadfan

DVD 4: JUSTICE ON WHEELS, MASA ITO INTERVIEWS, RAW LIVE FOOTAGE Raw live footage + partial Masa Ito interview previously Unreleased

Justice On Wheels

Intro

The Road Crew

The Fans

The Band

The Video

Masa Ito Interviews

Lars

James

Jason

Kirk

Raw Live Footage (Live at JFK Stadium, Philadelphia, PA – June 11th, 1988)

Whiplash

Fade to Black

Seek & Destroy

Raw Live Footage (Live at RPI Field House, Troy, NY – March 15th, 1989)

Master of Puppets

One

Raw Live Footage (Live at Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario – April 8th, 1989)

Master of Puppets

One

Seek & Destroy

• Like 1

I would say the Madison Square Garden shows in 1991. I know there were several nights. The one night that I attended Axl was in a great mood. The result of that was the band playing phenomenal! I would say that concert is  my #2 best concert. #1 is the NITL at MetLife. There was another night at MSG in 1991 where Breakdown was played. 

Other than that, I would suggest that the boxset should  have things that fans need and want. Know your audience. I'm 43. I don't need skull rings, patches, pins,  temporary tattoos, etc. I'm not a teenager. The leather and wood cabinet is beautiful and that would have been interesting for me to have as a middle age adult. 

Thanks @troccoli - this is great news! Just a brain dump of thoughts below.

Expanded on @zigzagbigbag post to save me time...😂👍 so credit and thanks!

- remastered albums (CD & Vinyl)

- both albums in 5.1 (Blu Ray) **this was a big win in the last Boxset**

- demos/instrumentals (CD)

- alternative/rough mixes (Bill Price/Bob Clearmountain) (CD)

- unreleased songs (eg Ain‘t goin down) (CD)

- Perfect Crime documentary (DVD/Blu Ray)

- 1 or 2 unreleased complete gigs (DVD/Blu Ray/Vinyl)

- photo book and a couple of lithographs

- download card for all above

I agree there doesn’t need to be any versions of individual singles (they look cool but would just inflate cost for stuff that most likely won’t get played more than once).

Also agree that standalone items should be made available for folk who want specific stuff like 5.1 discs etc. Also, post Covid, money will be tight for loads of us.

NO TRINKETS!!! Space and cost directed to audio/visuals.

If ‘Spaghetti’ falls into this package then I’d want:-

- Spaghetti remastered (CD & Coloured Vinyl)

- album in 5.1

- unreleased tracks (CD)

- demos (CD)

Note - just looking at the above, if all that was included it would probably cost a fair bit 😂. Approximately 8/9 vinyl, 6 Blu Rays etc. I’d probably go to about £250-£300 on a set with the above included...I’d guess it would be the premium edition.

At the very least, one live gig HAS to be in - an awful oversight on the last one.

Something packaged up like MetallicAs deluxe sets would be cool - good sized box, good layout, right balance of audio/video and fair price.

@Gordon Comstock - really like the idea of a disc covering all the rare performances like a Garden Of Eden etc.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

There are some really great ideas,

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Coma (Chicago 1992)

That is a really impressive wish list.  I'd wager a bet all of that would be closer to $3,000 than $300 if released as is (based on AFD pricing).

But all of that would be really sweet.

I think it's extremly sad that, when you read all these posts full of passion, knowledge and appreciation of the bands history, you realise that none of the band members seem to feel that way as well. I find it very hard to believe that any of "the big 3" even bothers to overlook such a project in that way. They probably let Fernondont do his thing and call it a day.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Pantages Theatre 1991 show, or maybe a compilation of the warm-up shows (they were shot on film, so could be remastered in great quality)

Any and all UYI demos with Steven playing on them (even if it's only instrumentals - we know there's recordings of him playing songs like Locomotive and Coma, among others)

Any and all of Izzy's "home demos", like the tracks Matt mentioned in his book.

Obviously any unreleased tracks like Ain't Goin' Down, or covers that didn't make it onto TSI? (the track Nightcrawler comes to mind).

Higher quality versions of the "alternate" demos, like 14 Years with the longer outro, Don't Damn Me with the alt vocal take, and (if possible) the West Arkeen tracks like Bring It Back Home, Just Another Sunday, etc.

A "rarities" compilation - soundboard recordings of songs like Breakdown, Coma, Locomotive, Bad Apples, Garden Of Eden, cover songs, songs with Baz, Shannon Hoon, Brian May, etc.

A Skin N' Bones show on cd/vinyl (Boston '93, New Haven '93 are good shows from the US leg, Greece '93 and Milton Keynes '93 are good shows from the Euro leg)

But most importantly, and I cannot stress this enough: NO BULLSHIT. No trinkets, rings, mini lithographs, coins or guitar picks thrown in just to jack up the price of the box set. Fuck that shit.

Just quoting to reinforce everything said here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, troccoli said:

Hello everyone.  I don't think it's any big secret that GNR is planning on releasing a UYI boxset sometime in the future, like they did for Appetite and Lies.  Before we even get into it, I cannot guarantee that GNR will ever release this, I am just told that it is being planned.  But they are in the research stage now but, as you can imagine, there is a ton to go through.  I am referring to audio and video.  For example the Bob Clearmountain mixes of UYI that Tom Zutaut mentioned.  Since there's so much, they thought it might be easier to ask you guys what to look for, i.e., what you would like to see in the box.  Of course I will take any feedback offered, but more along the lines of rare recordings, shows we don't already have audio/video of, things that are theorized to exist, etc.  Or even stuff you have that GNR/the label/etc. might not have. 

Please keep in mind that I can't guarantee any credit or anything like that.  I'd imagine you would get credit if they end up using something from your collection that they didn't have, but otherwise I kind of doubt it.  But this is your chance to speak (indirectly) to the label about what you want to see in this boxset.  No, not interested in any ideas regarding pricing, knick knacks, etc.  Just audio/video.  So let me know (either reply here, PM, email, FB message, etc.), and I will pass on the info.  Lastly, I just want to say that even if you know the label has something and you want to see it in the boxset, I can't guarantee anything. 

Thanks everyone, you rock! rock3:headbang:

I think the boxset should include the Perfect crime documentary that was being filmed for the UYi tour.

Any unreleased tracks they may have and or demos and of course a full remaster of the original songs.

As others said a hd full concert inclusion would be great. Even if it was Saskatoon redone and hd.