Need your help!

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Well there is the “Rumbo Tapes” bootleg version that has only Axl vocals (Shrugs). I don’t think they ever did a version where Cooper sang the entire song.

Thats right! Heard it years ago, can't believe I forgot about it. thanks for memtioning it! Idk would be cool tho

9 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

Thats right! Heard it years ago, can't believe I forgot about it. thanks for memtioning it! Idk would be cool tho

No problem! I think that entire Rumbo Tapes bootleg needs to be part of this reissue, but there might be a rights issue cause Axl sold the song rights of Crash Diet to another band long ago (maybe he can get the rights back from them?) and most of the other songs on there (Too Much Too Soon, Sentimental Movie, Bring It Back Home, Just Another Sunday, etc.), are most likely owned by the West Arkeen estate, and idk what kinda relationship GnR currently has with that camp.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

47 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The show in North Carolina mentioned above was in 1991. Actually there were two shows in North Carolina that not much is known about except that there were very long - the first one, in Charlotte, lasted about 3 hours and the second one in Greensboro, described as "epic" in the reviews of the time, lasted 3 h 35 min.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t1831-1991-06-25-greensboro-coliseum-greensboro-usa

Always good to have someone on which I can thoroughly rely! My mind was a bit hazy on the details, but exactly the show I was talking about! You could be considered the GN'R authority! Leaves me reeling to think about all these potential shows and videos hiding in the vault

• Like 1

I agree with all suggestions on this post, but there’s a piece of footage to I’d love to see, that’s not even music related:

The argument on stage between Axl and Slash after Axl cut his hand and misheard Slash saying something to the crowd about him changing clothes, I believe in Dallas (not sure). 
“Punk motherfucker”

“I’ll kick your ass” 

Would love to see the band’s reactions during that exchange. :lol:

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hank Moody said:

I agree with all suggestions on this post, but there’s a piece of footage to I’d love to see, that’s not even music related:

The argument on stage between Axl and Slash after Axl cut his hand and misheard Slash saying something to the crowd about him changing clothes, I believe in Dallas (not sure). 
“Punk motherfucker”

“I’ll kick your ass” 

I’m sure that’ll be in the Perfect Crime doc (assuming that’s still in the mix).

3 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

“Punk motherfucker”

“I’ll kick your ass” 

It was in Dayton, OH, second show:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t1881-1992-01-14-erwin-nutter-center-dayton-usa

(If you scroll down the thread, there is full audio and transcript of that)

----------

I think the first Dayton show the day before could be one of the 1992 shows I'd like to be released on video. It was probably the latest start ever - the band took the stage around 00:30 and played until around 3:00 a.m.

Generally, one of the early 1992 shows. Another one is the one in Las Vegas, where Yesterdays from Live Era is from. Or one of the shows in Minneapolis.

A Hd version of DTJ in argentina where slash is on his knees playing the solo. He is amazing throughout the whole song. Amazing intro as well.

I know you didn't care for talk of trinkets. But a version with all the music and no trinkets to bump the price up would be amazing. 

I'm a CD guy and getting a version with all the music of the AFD anniversary release was impossible.

• Like 1

The documentary. Jeez that would be tough to edit. And what the parameters be? Does the band want any of the negativity to shown? What about those after parties? The only way the documentary works if its fully representative of that era. 

Footage of making Yesterday’s, Garden of Eden, etc. I’m certain there is stuff there we didn’t see that would be cool. 

maybe a program showing all of the merch from the tour would be cool. id like to see all the shirt designs from that tour. 

I would be curious how the box would completed. Would this thing be on par with the Locked and Loaded box? I’m believe everyone here assumes if this idea comes to fruition that it will be LnL the sequel. It will probably be much more toned down scale and production wise. So, for that would be the first issue. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

----------

I think the first Dayton show the day before could be one of the 1992 shows I'd like to be released on video. It was probably the latest start ever - the band took the stage around 00:30 and played until around 3:00 a.m.

Generally, one of the early 1992 shows. Another one is the one in Las Vegas, where Yesterdays from Live Era is from. Or one of the shows in Minneapolis.

Yeah, I’ve heard the audio when it was on YouTube, but what I meant was how funny would be the band’s reactions to this, like: “oh no, not this again” or “holy shit, this is really going down”

Btw thanks for correcting me on the venue.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

So I guess this really does beg the question then: is the band really considering releasing any new material at all? Because this would totally cut into a new album by them. 

If they did this UYI boxset right and included all the stuff we want I would be ok with a new album being postponed a little bit. A properly done boxset would keep me busy for a quite a while.

21 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The UYI anniversary would be a good time to launch a streaming service.

Throw like 15 UYI-era shows online, charge $10 a month for streaming access, and add 10-15 more shows each month. After a while they can mix in stuff from other eras and backstage/rehearsal footage and keep it going for at least a couple years if they want to.

If they launched something like that at the same time as the box set, they can fill the box with as many unnecessary trinkets as they want.

That would be great but considering that Fernandon't can't even get the NITL Selects thing right I doubt they would be able to get this going either.

There's a lot of great suggestions in this thread. The most important thing is that the price is reasonable and that there's not a bunch of unnecessary merch included. I would like to see any documentary footage that exists (making fucking videos, perfect crime, etc), any and all demos (esp the ones with Steven), unreleased songs (Ain't Goin Down etc), bonus tracks, everything. Those mixes Slash talked about. And as much live stuff as they can get because that was really important in this era of the band (even if it means there's like a dozen or more CDs).

• Like 1

when I saw "I need your help" as the subject, I automatically assumed it was Paul Tobias asking for someone to let him out of Axls basement. lol

if they must do the dumb ass trinkets, then I think  a "how to survive a riot" handbook would be the way to go. 

definitely need live footage of a show we haven't seen on YouTube.  keep in mind this is for the hardcore fans, so we have seen all the YouTube stuff.  give us something that hasnt been out there

also would live to here the other mixes (esp the ones that Slash sounded good in his book).

would love to hear the demos with Adler on them for sure. 

a few live shows as everyone has mentioned would be very cool.

extended version of the outro of DTJ.

I'll definitely get excited about this, if its done right- which to me is means it's for the fans that Slash spoke about at the end of Get in the Ring....

Edited by Chester 524

1 minute ago, Chester 524 said:

I forgot, but how about Fall to Pieces demo (wasnt the title when written in GNR).  I remember Axl said slash wrote the guitar parts while still in GNR.  

That was during the ill-fated 1996 sessions that lead to slash’s departure. According to Axl, Slash just played the FTP riff and then some noodling. Might not be worth releasing, but I guess you never know!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chester 524 said:

when I saw "I need your help" as the subject, I automatically assumed it was Paul Tobias asking for someone to let him out of Axls basement. lol

if they must do the dumb ass trinkets, then I think  a "how to survive a riot" handbook would be the way to go. 

definitely need live footage of a show we haven't seen on YouTube.  keep in mind this is for the hardcore fans, so we have seen all the YouTube stuff.  give us something that hasnt been out there

also would live to here the other mixes (esp the ones that Slash sounded good in his book).

would love to hear the demos with Adler on them for sure. 

a few live shows as everyone has mentioned would be very cool.

extended version of the outro of DTJ.

I'll definitely get excited about this, if its done right- which to me is means it's for the fans that Slash spoke about at the end of Get in the Ring....

Since you brought up GITR, I wonder if they would keep that song on there or remove it. It would be cool if they recorded a new version updated for today.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Since you brought up GITR, I wonder if they would keep that song on there or remove it. It would be cool if they recorded a new version updated for today.

This brings up an interesting question; is there anything that the band would remove? Axl has already said that he regrets doing GITR, and he probably regrets My World now too, I bet. Plus, we saw with the AFD boxset that he was willing to delete OIAM (though he probably had no choice in the matter).

4 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

I forgot, but how about Fall to Pieces demo (wasnt the title when written in GNR).  I remember Axl said slash wrote the guitar parts while still in GNR.  

Also beggars and hangers was soundchecked before the aussie 1993 shows. I wonder if Axl ever laid down vocal on it 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Off topic I know, but the 2006 Newcastle UK gig where Axl walked off stage early and the show ended after Nightrain with no encore as someone threw a coin at him seems to be missing from that gig database. It was July 2006 after the Sheffield gig.

• Thanks 2

On 12/06/2020 at 9:57 PM, troccoli said:

Hello everyone.  I don't think it's any big secret that GNR is planning on releasing a UYI boxset sometime in the future, like they did for Appetite and Lies.  Before we even get into it, I cannot guarantee that GNR will ever release this, I am just told that it is being planned.  But they are in the research stage now but, as you can imagine, there is a ton to go through.  I am referring to audio and video.  For example the Bob Clearmountain mixes of UYI that Tom Zutaut mentioned.  Since there's so much, they thought it might be easier to ask you guys what to look for, i.e., what you would like to see in the box.  Of course I will take any feedback offered, but more along the lines of rare recordings, shows we don't already have audio/video of, things that are theorized to exist, etc.  Or even stuff you have that GNR/the label/etc. might not have. 

Please keep in mind that I can't guarantee any credit or anything like that.  I'd imagine you would get credit if they end up using something from your collection that they didn't have, but otherwise I kind of doubt it.  But this is your chance to speak (indirectly) to the label about what you want to see in this boxset.  No, not interested in any ideas regarding pricing, knick knacks, etc.  Just audio/video.  So let me know (either reply here, PM, email, FB message, etc.), and I will pass on the info.  Lastly, I just want to say that even if you know the label has something and you want to see it in the boxset, I can't guarantee anything. 

Thanks everyone, you rock! rock3:headbang:

I know it doesn't help . Will be very happy to have this box but................please, if you are close to the management tell us we care only about a new album !!! we deserve. we spend a lot of money to the concert and merchandising and know we need to pay to have new material. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE