Need your help!

Thanks @troccoliyoure tha man!

I will love to see many shows in great quality from UYI Tour. All legs. Europe-NorthAmerica-Southamerica. I want the best source and great restorations in 4K.... at least one in 4k, and some proshots in dvd like Saskatoon 93 is very good too if we dont have the time to make all of them.

Plus.... for havin bought the LnL, a unseen show from 87 or 88 available on DVD for the fans. ( CAYUGA COUNTY FAIRYGROUNDS NY WEEDSPORT 1988-08-09. The trailer rocks so much)

I want to hear/have a new UYIs with the same songs but with different takes and or mixes. 

I want a book. The LnL one is super great... great quality. A new TSI leftovers album with B-Sides.

Bogotá. Colombia 1992 epic show.

Florida 1991. The new years eve!!!!

Sao Paulo 1992.

Praga CZ. 1992.

A lot of mixes! I want to hear all! ALL UYI TAPES!

The UNCENSORED Videoclips on Bluray with a lot of audios to choose original/demo/new mix/5.1/whatever.

I want my box SIGNED. I want that option availablem

A oldschool pictures album with pictures takes by Chin and R.John.

I want all that... and more.

To add. I want to participate in a restoration show from UYI Tour or the Perfect Crime Doc. Giving money to make the magic happens. With special perks like signed copy of the stuff, appear on the credits for the contribution. A digital copy to download and phisical. 

Edited by axlvai

Studio version of 'It Tastes Good Don't It'.

Ohh if the alleged version of Estranged with Buckethead does exist, that would also be cool.

Slash has spoken positively of Bucket in recent interviews, like since returning to GN'R, so that would be a neat thing to hear.

Although it would be logic to include one live show on that boxset, I have no desire or curiosity in any live shows. We got so many of that era, and they're all basically the same. They're all over the internet, when I wanna watch them. Usually I only watch Paris 92 or Chicago 92, or RIO and I'm good.

I would like to hear all of the demos, the different mixes, the unreleased songs, a book documenting the whole thing. Including some of the recording tapes would also be very cool, but don't cut on the cds to offer that. Forget all of the rings, pins and shit like that, nobody uses that and they will probably be stuck in a box forever in someones basement...It has no value.

Include about 6 cds with unreleased UYI songs, demos, different mixes, Spaghetti demos and some unseen footage of the band recording the albums in the studio or if that's too personal, maybe the band talking about the records, explaining the meaning of the songs, telling stories, and I'll be very happy to give you my money.

Edited by Propaganda

On 6/12/2020 at 4:01 PM, RussTCB said:

Every alternate mix of the album tracks that are available. A few soundboard shows from the tour along with a couple of unseen, remastered for HD, full length footage of concerts too. 

Oh, and I would like for it to be priced correctly out of the gate so I don't have to wait a year to pay the price it should've been in the first place :)

Just to clarify the above:

We do NOT need or want anything to do with Tokyo 92 that's already been released. That show was video taped, so an "HD release" won't help. On top of that, we've all heard all of the audio a million times. 

We'd all love to get to get completely new, unheard live audio & video. Should be super easy to produce seeing as there's a ton of it available. 

• Like 4

I'm sure not every show from that era was available in DAT format, so a proper mix and mastering could be a problem for an official album.

But in any case, just make it available all of the original low-res stuff for online listening. Things like Inglewood 91 would be awesome to hear in some form of soundboard, it doesn't need to be only the "high standard" recordings. 

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I'm sure not every show from that era was available in DAT format, so a proper mix and mastering could be a problem for an official album.

But in any case, just make it available all of the original low-res stuff for online listening. Things like Inglewood 91 would be awesome to hear in some form of soundboard, it doesn't need to be only the "high standard" recordings. 

Even if it was the quality of Coma & the first half of Patience from Live Era I’d be down.

• Like 1

Here’s a thought:

If they do a Blu-ray disc (or multiple, which they might need this time around), is there enough room for Blu-Ray audio of both albums? And what about “TSI?”? If they add that album to this boxset as well, is there enough room for Blu-Ray audio for all of those songs too?

More and more I get the sense that they’ll need to do a lot of discs this time around (both audio and video). The AFD “super deluxe” (the one with just the four cd’s and the one Blu-ray in the leather picture book) started at a retail price of $180. If they do double the amount this time around (so eight cd’s and two Blu-rays), would double of the price ($360) be considered fair?

EDIT: did some quick research just now. Turns out you can actually hold a LOT of audio on a Blu-Ray. So that won’t be an issue!

With eight cd’s and two Blu-Rays, maybe they can do: UYI1 Remastered, UYI2 Remastered, TSI, UYI1 Remixed, UYI2 Remixed, a demos cd, a cd for the unreleased songs, a “live rarities” cd, a concert Blu-ray, and finally, a miscellaneous Blu-Ray (5.1 audio of the main albums, music videos, archival footage, etc.).

Edited by rocknroll41

At least 1 complete (previously unreleased) live show on Blu-ray + another complete (previously unreleased) live show on vinyl.

Also, give me 5.1 and Dolby Atmos mixes of UYI - the 5.1 AFD remix was one of the highlights of the first box set.

For the inevitable remasters of the albums, they should be cut straight from analogue, and mastered by Chris Bellman.

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

We do NOT need or want anything to do with Tokyo 92 that's already been released. That show was video taped, so an "HD release" won't help. On top of that, we've all heard all of the audio a million times. 

We'd all love to get to get completely new, unheard live audio & video. Should be super easy to produce seeing as there's a ton of it available. 

"Should be super easy to produce seeing as there's a ton of it available. "

Lol Russ, we cant even get a Thursday live show uploaded by Fernando on the bands youtube channel. 

On another topic, i dont see the band doing interviews with this as much as i would like them to. Considering in past interviews the band dont have very fond memories of the illusion recordings and the time period, they dont seem to be positive around this period of the band. Every other band seems to do the sitdown interviews when they do a anniversary release, but dont see GNR doing this. 

Does anyone know how many non-album songs were played (in full!) on the UYI tour? Godfather, Dust in the Wind, Dead Flowers, Train Kept A-Rollin, Always on the Run... Anything else? I guess Let It Be also kinda counts...

Edited by rocknroll41

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Does anyone know how many non-album songs were played (in full!) on the UYI tour? Godfather, Dust in the Wind, Dead Flowers, Train Kept A-Rollin, Always on the Run... Anything else? I guess Let It Be also kinda counts...

Wild horses, abit of only women bleed

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

We Will Rock You, Honky Tonk Woman

• Thanks 1

Yeah they should to do a UYI live covers album, as part of this project. Those are great tracks that, imo, deserve to be part of the “GnR cd canon,” along with Ain’t Goin Down, the “Rumbo Tapes” bootleg songs, the TSI leftovers, etc.

There’s a great opportunity to “expand” the GnR catalog in the eyes of the masses with this. I really hope they don’t fuck it up...

EDIT: something like this would be a cool “live covers” album, me thinks (assuming they can get the license for all of these):

1.Slash Solo/ The Godfather

2.Dust in the Wind

3.Let It Be

4.Live & Let Die

5.Only Women Bleed

6.Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door

7.Wild Horses

8.Dead Flowers

9.Honky Tonk Woman

10.We Will Rock You

11.Always on the Run

12.The Train Kept A-Rollin’

Edited by rocknroll41

13 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

"Should be super easy to produce seeing as there's a ton of it available. "

Lol Russ, we cant even get a Thursday live show uploaded by Fernando on the bands youtube channel. 

On another topic, i dont see the band doing interviews with this as much as i would like them to. Considering in past interviews the band dont have very fond memories of the illusion recordings and the time period, they dont seem to be positive around this period of the band. Every other band seems to do the sitdown interviews when they do a anniversary release, but dont see GNR doing this. 

Universal would be handling this not Fernando, thankfully. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Is it really tape? It looks crisper than tape to me; maybe it's the beta format, or something. Either way, I think most shows would be higher quality than Saskatoon, which also sounds fine to me, just need a remaster of the audio-like stereo separation. Really it's just wondering if the filmed shows are worth seeing. The 91 shows were so hit or miss with Axls vocals. Still, something would be better than nothing.

Please no Tokyo 92 😂 bad representation of the band

1 minute ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Is it really tape? It looks crisper than tape to me; maybe it's the beta format, or something. Either way, I think most shows would be higher quality than Saskatoon, which also sounds fine to me, just need a remaster of the audio-like stereo separation. Really it's just wondering if the filmed shows are worth seeing. The 91 shows were so hit or miss with Axls vocals. Still, something would be better than nothing.

Please no Tokyo 92 😂 bad representation of the band

Tokyo was definitely taped but yeah, it would've been a higher quality tape. Beta, like you mentioned or something like that. 

But yeah, there's so much available from that time I just hope they choose the right stuff to include. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Tokyo was definitely taped but yeah, it would've been a higher quality tape. Beta, like you mentioned or something like that. 

But yeah, there's so much available from that time I just hope they choose the right stuff to include. 

Yeah, and honestly, now that I think about it, if you listen to the end of YCBM from Live Era (from the Tokyo show) Axl sounds pretty mean and nasty, in a good way. It sounds much better than the DVD version.

I think remastering would go a long way to making some of those 91 performances sound pretty good. Not sure if Rock In Rio or the Indiana show could sound good, but some of the others one yeah. Multiple shows would be ideal, show the variety. Just give me Dust N' Bones and Locomotive and I think I'll be happy 😁😁