When do you think they will retire GnR?

4 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Yeah, I don't know. I don't think the 6.6 million pales in comparison with the 100,000 a month. That's just five years of alimony then, right? I could be miscalculating and I don't know anything about all that. So to me it's still confusing.

1 hour ago, Lio said:

Yeah, I don't know. I don't think the 6.6 million pales in comparison with the 100,000 a month. That's just five years of alimony then, right? I could be miscalculating and I don't know anything about all that. So to me it's still confusing.

I don't know either but that's what I understand from this quote.

According to this, the $100,000 per month in spousal support is in addition to the $6.6 million Slash had to pay for the settlement:

https://www.tmz.com/2018/09/04/slash-wife-perla-divorce-court-battle-guns-n-roses/

According to the divorce settlement -- obtained by TMZ -- Slash will pay Perla $6.6 million as well as $100,000 per month in spousal support and $39,000 per month in child support.

Slash will keep all his guitars and any musical compositions he owns ... with future proceeds belonging to Slash. He'll also get a 2011 Ford F-150 and the Beverly Hills house. Perla will get the house in L.A., a 2014 Range Rover, 2 Mercedes.

Perla gets primary physical custody -- and get this -- each kid will get .09% of Slash's income for the next 20 years.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1

They’re just off the back of one of the highest grossing tours of all time.

They rehearsed Hardschool.

Axl stated his plan is to release more music with Guns.

Susan’s comments on Brando’s podcast among everything else alluding to stuff happening.

They won’t be retiring any time soon. I really don’t understand the need for threads like this especially taking into account everything that’s happened these last few years.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

According to this, the $100,000 per month in spousal support is in addition to the $6.6 million Slash had to pay for the settlement:

https://www.tmz.com/2018/09/04/slash-wife-perla-divorce-court-battle-guns-n-roses/

According to the divorce settlement -- obtained by TMZ -- Slash will pay Perla $6.6 million as well as $100,000 per month in spousal support and $39,000 per month in child support.

Slash will keep all his guitars and any musical compositions he owns ... with future proceeds belonging to Slash. He'll also get a 2011 Ford F-150 and the Beverly Hills house. Perla will get the house in L.A., a 2014 Range Rover, 2 Mercedes.

Perla gets primary physical custody -- and get this -- each kid will get .09% of Slash's income for the next 20 years.

Wow judge fd him over pretty bad. 

On 6/18/2020 at 8:18 PM, rocknroll41 said:

I’m pretty sure I had read that he had to pay Perla $100k a month for the rest of her life but someone else on this thread clarified for me that that’s false, apparently, so I stand corrected.

He is worth over 100 million, easy after NITL Tour.. But his monthly lifestyle costs hundreds of thousands. Can you imagine?  But people  like that don't have kind of money just in the bank,lol. Yes their settlement is paying her  a month for life which comes out to a little over a million a year for the rest of her life. Only saving grace he has is if she remarries...no way no how will she ever remarry which is like a hold on her life. She can live in with her significant other so then ,in a way, Slash is supporting a full azz, grown azz man. She is only going to be alive for another 45-50  years, lol, and will outlive him. She is like 40-42.. Maybe he wants to pay her or does all once a year instead of monthly.                                                                                           Yes he will be playing and making music and growing in different things because he likes performing and has his own following.   DUFF  has his own things and his wife and GnR catapulted him way over. He has to be over the 100 million mark too. I dont see him ever retiring from growing in his music doing guest appearances, writing, etc. and maybe him and his life writing a book together on something.  STEVE  and MATT,  I see them doing less n less eventually, but always working in things on music and stuff they like and want . They are way , far under, lol,  the 100 million mark, but I think they are way better living than Axl who is,after NITL tour, over 200 million mark. IZZY has been retired kind of sort of from performing since 1994. Guest performances with NuGuns and some Vegas HardRock hotel I think it was ,way in the 90s with Duff and really big ,important legends I like Buddy Guy, etc. I do not ever see him ever on stage with TheBig4. Izzy is way , so far ,way under the 100 million mark, but like Steve, Matt, happyily ,blessed. They are ,my opinion, way ,far better off than Axl. * Money is really not everything if you don't have  those other things.

Edited by Amaya

I don't think Guns N Roses will retire anytime soon.  I think Axl can probably go another 10 years if he wants to.

At that point I think Axl and GNR will probably retire. 

I think Slash will keep going in some capacity until the day he drops.  

4 hours ago, History2010 said:

This is why he never should have married his manager. She definitely got an incredible deal in that divorce.

I dont know why he never did a prenup. Maybe after the major fight with his first wife  renee that lead to an OD he probably thought a prenup wasnt worth the hassle again.

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I wonder how much land tax in california slash would have to pay for his beverley house?. I thought he sold that beverley gills  house and slash and meeghan bought a new place??

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

No prenup. Two kids. She got one of the best divorce settlements in entertainment. It was fair in that she was going to be a wealthy woman accostumed to the predivorce lifestyle . Seems to me that he, his camp should have gone for a straight payout, 20 million + one property which would have brought her to a 25 million total. He has to pay her a lil over a million for life.  Beyond his grave, he will be paying her. She is younger, better health. Paying their young children their inheirtance like while he is no where near the end of his life , like where is the incentive for them to become earners, working, doing their own thing? Even if that goes to a trust fund whatever, certainly they get a monthly allowance so no incentive to find themselves and their own path. Perla was smart, I understand that, in getting her kids with him set up if he were going to start making babies with some 26 yr old model,actress. Slash was smart in Megan. He should legally  marry her with a few million prenup set aside. She won't care because truly, that girl wants him for the lifetime and not the lifestyle. 

Edited by Amaya

10 hours ago, vloors said:

Its 100k a month until she marries or dies or total payout of 6.6 million.

Slash wants to do the total payout from what i read.

Like no way can he do a cash payout. What, 40 million. People like that just don't have cash sitting in the bank.  . The settlement is also a million, tad bit over, for the rest of her life. She is only 40-42.                                                                                                         I think AXL would be the first to retire due to his voice, age, and health.   Some here posted of TheBig3 doing Vegas residencys. They would that. A best, biggest cash grab. 4- 5  nights a stretch  with stay at the hotel penthouse, then fly home between breaks. Easy. No jetlag,  new stadium nightly, and be at home or close to their own homes. An hour by private jet. Sweet. Entertainers take the big money for Vegas residentcy. Less overhead money for them in staffing. Win- win. 

Edited by Amaya

1 minute ago, Amaya said:

I never heard of the Renee story. I did not read his book. How much did he have to settle?

He doesn't say much about it in the book, he just implies it. He went into more detail in this interview (which, ironically, took place when he was about to marry Perla):

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4737-2001-09-07-the-howard-stern-show-interview-with-slash

16 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. I think if Slash hadn't returned I would have seen Axl retire soon. He didn't strike me as one wanting to tour until old age. But with Slash around things have changed, I can see them going on for a long time, with it being over the minute Slash leaves. At this point there is no point continuing GNR without Slash.

Seriously, could we stop pretending like Slash is the only guy who ever got a divorce? As if that fucking divorce will force him to work until he drops dead???

I didn’t think Axl would tour into his late 50’s - early 60’s. I feel like U2 and Metallica can pull that off, but Axl just doesn’t have the physically he once had and that drove the band. But, there is Anthony Keides and he is still physical on stage. 

• Like 1

You have all the links @Blackstar.                                     Whatever his settlement was with first wife, NDA probably , and it was a light amount. He and Perla were together for a long time. I knd of feel sorry for her because what her comments were around when she was divorcing, she did not want that. She really would have preferred him and his millions  over her millions.                                                                                       That was a good interview way back then  about his opinion on NuGuns, Axl. This old interview applies to what we are discussing  .

Edited by Amaya

7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I dont know why he never did a prenup. Maybe after the major fight with his first wife  renee that lead to an OD he probably thought a prenup wasnt worth the hassle again.

Hmm. Well. I guess it would have been. Stupid, if he didn't and the settlement was done against his will.