Michael Keaton to return to Batman (?)

This news put ants in my pants, awakening the six-year old in me like few things have the ability to.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/micheal-keaton-talks-return-as-batman-flash-movie-1299668

Although it's not a "Batman" movie, per say, the idea that Keaton could return to play the caped crusader has been one that has lingered around for decades. It only makes sense to bring him back as an "old Batman" in a mentor role.

Since they've got multiple versions of characters and universes going on, it seems like the perfect time to get Keaton back to put the rubber on. He never had a curtain call as Batman, now's a good time.

It reminds me of what Sony/Marvel did in bringing Robert Downey Jr in as an attraction and mentor in the Spider-Man films. It's only smart to leverage a character that has yet to prove itself with a character that has a giant legacy.

10 Movies I Wish I Liked | Deja Reviewer

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Wow! That would be awesome. He's still my favourite Batman. But Ezra Miller as the Flash and Keaton as Batman? He was in JL with Affleck as Batman. What a mess. Really, it is embarrassing how clueless DC/Warner are with their properties.

Yeah not to mention we have the Pattinson Batman film coming up, as well as the director’s cut of JL, with Affleck still in the role there. Three movie Batmans all at once! So confusing!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah not to mention we have the Pattinson Batman film coming up, as well as the director’s cut of JL, with Affleck still in the role there. Three movie Batmans all at once! So confusing!

Yeah. I already deleted that out of my mind. And forgot about the other one.

1 hour ago, appetite4illusions said:

Since they've got multiple versions of characters and universes going on, it seems like the perfect time to get Keaton back to put the rubber on. He never had a curtain call as Batman, now's a good time.

I think Christian Bale was his "curtain call as Batman" Sure Keaton is the lesser evil compare to Kilmer, Clooney, Afleck and Pattison. But his Batman was even more campy than Adam West Batman t.v. show. Not Keaton's fault. Jack Nicholson was not what the Joker should be. And Batman Return was just horrible. That movie wasted a great cast

31 minutes ago, Padme said:

I think Christian Bale was his "curtain call as Batman" Sure Keaton is the lesser evil compare to Kilmer, Clooney, Afleck and Pattison. But his Batman was even more campy than Adam West Batman t.v. show. Not Keaton's fault. Jack Nicholson was not what the Joker should be. And Batman Return was just horrible. That movie wasted a great cast

Except. Batman, the character, wasn't campy. Nicholson's Joker was more Joker than Ledger's and Batman returns was the best Batman movie of them all. The Nolan ones were pretentious claptrap, but not really Batman. A total bore.

2 hours ago, Padme said:

Really? Campy? And campy beyond Adam West? Did we see the same movies?

Michael Keaton can be very ha-ha, but his two Batman movies didn't even have a joke in them. Not a quip or even a whiff of that eyebrows up stuff.

His Batman was exactly what I want(ed) - silent and deadly serious. Where Christian Bale's Batman ranted and raved like a hungry lion at the criminals, Keaton would just stare at them....I love that. He would stare the criminals down and psychically drain them of all their confidence before he physically fought them. He didn't speak and that was the coolest thing about Keaton. 

Actually, Michael Keaton knew enough to know that Batman needed to be enigmatic and mysterious. He frequently told the writers of Batman Returns that while he loved much of the dialog they had written for him, having Batman verbalize himself gave the ghost away. He specifically instructed them to keep his dialog to a minimum, to protect the mystique of Batman. This...was one of the reasons people always claimed the villains overshadowed Batman - because they got all the dialog - but to me it was a stroke of genius.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, appetite4illusions said:

Really? Campy? And campy beyond Adam West? Did we see the same movies?

Penguin running for Mayor was an episode in the Adam West t.v. show. So if that was campy in that show, then it's campy in the Keaton's movie.To make matters worst the writers of Batman Return stole that idea. Unless they meant to pay tribute to the t.v. show. The penguin is half human half penguin. He grew up around penguins living in Gotham. Penguins belong in Antartica. Selina Kyle dies and she resurect because a bunch of cats bite her. Sorry, all these sounds campy tp say the least

I can understand that for you Keaton was the Batman you wanted. Not what I wanted and maybe not what other people wanted.

8 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Except. Batman, the character, wasn't campy. Nicholson's Joker was more Joker than Ledger's and Batman returns was the best Batman movie of them all. The Nolan ones were pretentious claptrap, but not really Batman. A total bore.

Agree 100%. Batman Returns is the best. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Burton's Batman films are where it's at. Nolan did a great job, but went way too realistic (damn Anglo's and their empiricism). 

Nolan's films didn't have any moments like this

Yeah. And that Batmobile is the sexiest car ever.

4 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Burton's Batman films are where it's at. Nolan did a great job, but went way too realistic (damn Anglo's and their empiricism). 

Nolan's films didn't have any moments like this

Burton's Batman films are just dripping wet with atmosphere and German expressionism.

Nolans films are very entertaining....but yes, they are realer than real and in a way, suck all the fun out of the comic-book experience.

I'm old enough now to see the strengths in Nolan's storytelling and some of Burton's weaknesses at narrative storytelling...but the visual experience of Burton's films are as good as Batman ever got.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2020 at 4:21 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Holy Batman's, Batman! Hehe

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

Holy Batman's, Batman! Hehe

It was also just announced that all three Christian Bale Batman films are coming back to theaters, to try to get people to wanna go back to the movies again. So we are really getting FOUR movie Batmans over the next two years! XD

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I think they should make things more interesting this time, get a scouse batman?

Instead of Commissioner Gordon you could have the South Yorkshire Chief of Police. :lol: *

* too soon? :lol: 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Drexl said:

And bring back Michelle Pfeiffer. :drool:

Yeah, she was fit as fuck as Catwoman.  Licking herself and all that gear, I might fuckin' actually bother watching a new one if that happened.

Edited by Len Cnut

On 1.07.2020 at 11:21 AM, Len Cnut said:

Yeah, she was fit as fuck as Catwoman.  Licking herself and all that gear, I might fuckin' actually bother watching a new one if that happened.

Spot on. Michelle is a Goddess.

2:06

She did it on the first take!

Edited by Drexl