Michael Keaton to return to Batman (?)

21 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Depends on which version of the origin story you follow! :lol:

Haha, I see. Like most superheros are actually changed, right? TMNT have the ooze. Not really surprising that theyve had to take a few stabs at nailing down why Batman simply dresses up as a bat. And fashions his vehicles as bats too! lol

Is there an origin story that you prefer? Like, whats rocknroll41 cannon?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, soon said:

Haha, I see. Like most superheros are actually changed, right? TMNT have the ooze. Not really surprising that theyve had to take a few stabs at nailing down why Batman simply dresses up as a bat. And fashions his vehicles as bats too! lol

Is there an origin story that you prefer? Like, whats rocknroll41 cannon?

Yeah lol that’s exactly right.

i think my favorite version is the one from the Batman Begins movie, where he was afraid of bats as a kid due to a traumatic accident he had where he fell into a well full of bats. Then, as an adult, he modeled himself after the thing he feared the most as a means of conquering his own fears, as well learning how to inject fear into his enemies.

Batman Begins might actually be my favorite Batman film ever, as a matter of fact!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • GNFNR 1

37 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

i think my favorite version is the one from the Batman Begins movie, where he was afraid of bats as a kid due to a traumatic accident he had where he fell into a well full of bats. Then, as an adult, he modeled himself after the thing he feared the most as a means of conquering his own fears, as well learning how to inject fear into his enemies.

Batman Begins might actually be my favorite Batman film ever, as a matter of fact!

Oh, right on. Thats interesting. I will have to check out Batman Begins! Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

That has always been the origin. It might differ in detail, but it's always been the same. He used the symbol he feared most to strike fear into the heart of criminals.

41 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

That has always been the origin. It might differ in detail, but it's always been the same. He used the symbol he feared most to strike fear into the heart of criminals.

In the Batman v Superman film it was kinda different. He had a dream he fell into a well and then a bunch of bats carried him to safety. That movie’s version of the origin didn’t necessarily imply that Batman himself was ever afraid of bats (as far as I remember, at least).

Youre right tho that most other iterations of the character portray the bat as a symbol of fear, but Batman Begins in particular does a better job of tying that whole concept into Bruce Wayne’s life (and particularly his childhood) on an emotional level, imo.

Also, wasn’t it completely different in the graphic novel Batman Year One? If I recall correctly, in that version of the story, the bat concept only came into his life as an adult, when a bat crashed through his window, well after he already decided to become a secret crime fighter.

Edited by rocknroll41

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

In the Batman v Superman film it was kinda different. He had a dream he fell into a well and then a bunch of bats carried him to safety. That movie’s version of the origin didn’t necessarily imply that Batman himself was ever afraid of bats (as far as I remember, at least).

Youre right tho that most other iterations of the character portray the bat as a symbol of fear, but Batman Begins in particular does a better job of tying that whole concept into Bruce Wayne’s life (and particularly his childhood) on an emotional level, imo.

BvS is a pile of shit and not really relevant. We had 80 years of origin before that.

Bruce Wayne falling into a cave, stirring up Bats had been done in Comics before though. Don't remember exactly what origin Begins peddled, as I haven't watched that movie in ages, just can't bring myself to watch it again, but have planned since years to watch all 3 back to back. ;)

Edited by PatrickS77

14 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

BvS is a pile of shit and not really relevant. We had 80 years of origin before that.

Fair enough! Can’t argue there. It was, indeed, a shitty movie.

For what it’s worth, tho, the Batman Forever film also twists the concept a little bit. In that movie’s version of the origin, “fear factor” of the bat as a symbol is downplayed significantly... Then again, that movie was also shit, so I guess it doesn’t matter either.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 11:28 PM, PatrickS77 said:

Bruce Wayne falling into a cave, stirring up Bats had been done in Comics before though. Don't remember exactly what origin Begins peddled, as I haven't watched that movie in ages, just can't bring myself to watch it again, but have planned since years to watch all 3 back to back. ;)

Well Batman Begins gave us that same origin. Bruce Wayne is playing with Rachel in the garden. He falls inside a pit. Stirring up plenty of bats. That scare the shit out of him. He is rescued by his father. In the Comics, he is in his room at night. He sees a bat in the window. This was in the very early days. I don't know how many Batman origin stories have been created over the years in comics, movies and t.v. shows

having iconic actors return to their roles, is in no way a guarantee for a great movie. In hindsight, they were only part of what made a movie great to begin with.

So much of it has to do with tone, atmosphere, attitude, supporting characters, politics, music, dialogue (and to a lesser extent: backstory)... yes, having a michael keaton as batman or a schwarzenegger as the terminator is a good start, but that's like 10% of the work.

I'm sure they'll find plenty of ways to screw up in all those categories that I listed.

• Like 2

On 10/08/2020 at 7:19 PM, action said:

having iconic actors return to their roles, is in no way a guarantee for a great movie. In hindsight, they were only part of what made a movie great to begin with.

So much of it has to do with tone, atmosphere, attitude, supporting characters, politics, music, dialogue (and to a lesser extent: backstory)... yes, having a michael keaton as batman or a schwarzenegger as the terminator is a good start, but that's like 10% of the work.

I'm sure they'll find plenty of ways to screw up in all those categories that I listed.

As long as the remake wont be some woke version. Batman begins i feel was the best of all the batman movies. I would like batman to be abit more evil.

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

As long as the remake wont be some woke version. Batman begins i feel was the best of all the batman movies. I would like batman to be abit more evil.

If you like 60s Batman and you want Batman to be a bit more evil. Maybe you would enjoy Return Of The Cape Crusaders. It's kinda like 60s Batman meets Batman The Animated Series

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Padme said:

If you like 60s Batman and you want Batman to be a bit more evil. Maybe you would enjoy Return Of The Cape Crusaders. It's kinda like 60s Batman meets Batman The Animated Series

I remember the marvel comics i think redid batman to be very evil. 

Off topic the only reason i liked the 60s version of batman was it showed how the 60s were at that time and used to laugh when seeing batman and robin climbing up walls with rope. Very basic cinematogrophy. Shows how far we have come with technology effects.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Looks like the Keaton deal didn’t work out, as Ben Affleck is gonna return to the Batman role for the Flash movie instead: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/08/ben-affleck-returns-batman-the-flash-multiverse-keaton

The article says they’re both going to be in it. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 3:52 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Wow... But wait, is Ezra Miller still gonna be Flash? I thought everyone hated him now cause he attacked some chick in Iceland or something?

I guess it turned out the woman was actually in the wrong and Ezra thought he was being threatened. It was taken out of context and a mixture of SJW's and Flash TV fans spun it out of control hoping their TV actor would replace Miller. 

I re-watched Justice League today, it wasn't a great film but the cast was good. I am excited for the Snyder Cut and the upcoming Flashpoint based film with Keaton and Affleck. Not to mention The Batman with Battinson actually looks good despite 25 percent of the film being finished.

• Like 1