Saturday - Slash: Meet the Man Behind the Les Paul

12 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I do hope the Man Behind the Les Paul is asked when that Les Paul might feature on some new material, of the GNR related variety.

Sans re-issues, there hasn't been an official new release bearing the GN'R name in nearly 12 years. The current lineup has been together and touring for over 4 years now.

I think all you 'new material' guys have your answer already, you just don't like it.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 2

First time I saw the Welcome to the Jungle video was at a club in Boston. A place called Narcissus where they used to play rock videos on a big screen between bands. Anyway, I remember the video right after it was Grim Reaper's See You In Hell. And who was the guitar player in Grime Reaper? That's right. Nick Bowcott.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

greed never helped no one.

Is gibson still in bankrupcy?

They have new owners and leadership now. Doing quite well so far.

I wouldn't expect any groundbreaking news about new material or anything like that, but we'll see. This "interview" will probably be more like a chat between two friends, and it's only about half an hour too.

Edited by MaskingApathy

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

greed never helped no one.

Is gibson still in bankrupcy?

I dunno, its sorted Donald Trump out quite handsomely :lol:  Don King, The Kardashians, Steve Jobs, the little weenie who owns facebook, Mark...something?  That guy, you know him, social network, futterberg or westerberg or whatever.

EDIT: ZUCKERBERG!  There you go, its Zuckerberg I'm sure.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I dunno, its sorted Donald Trump out quite handsomely :lol:  Don King, The Kardashians, Steve Jobs, the little weenie who owns facebook, Mark...something?  That guy, you know him, social network, futterberg or westerberg or whatever.

EDIT: ZUCKERBERG!  There you go, its Zuckerberg I'm sure.

Certain bands have done quite nicely by making 'greed' their primary motivation too! 

2 hours ago, thunderram said:

Sans re-issues, there hasn't been an official new release bearing the GN'R name in nearly 12 years. The current lineup has been together and touring for over 4 years now.

I think all you 'new material' guys have your answer already, you just don't like it.

Ah, we exist in a most of hope, denial and occasionally painful moments of realisation. It keeps us off the streets. 

We'd all have seizures due to shock though if we ever get anything new. 

Edited by allwaystired

This sounds interesting. Good. Good for musician fans of GnR. For the non- musican, like, how and what does he practice at home. How much a day...what are his fav guitars, fave bass, and drums too.. Fors he have anyvquitars he helped design eith the company for himself All that kind of good stuff.

Edited by Amaya

6 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

They have new owners and leadership now. Doing quite well so far.

I wouldn't expect any groundbreaking news about new material or anything like that, but we'll see. This "interview" will probably be more like a chat between two friends, and it's only about half an hour too.

Me neither. The new lineup was already announced on the summer NAMM. 

But I would expect a new gold top variant from the Slash line up. In fact, it already leaked:

3 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Me neither. The new lineup was already announced on the summer NAMM. 

But I would expect a new gold top variant from the Slash line up. In fact, it already leaked:

He had already mentioned earlier that they were going to do a goldtop, I think in one of the interviews he did around NAMM.

6 hours ago, Amaya said:

Fors he have anyvquitars he helped design eith the company for himself

All of his signature model guitars he designed with Gibson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

He had already mentioned earlier that they were going to do a goldtop, I think in one of the interviews he did around NAMM.

All of his signature model guitars he designed with Gibson.

He just said it's gonna be released sometime next year. :)

9 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Slash

"I have been Jamming with Duff and Jamming with Axl, recording demos and writting stuff for guns"

Yeah. He also said it's been a good time for being creative. 

9 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Slash

"I have been Jamming with Duff and Jamming with Axl, recording demos and writting stuff for guns"

From your mouth to Axl's ears! And then to the studio.

So many bands, musicians are taking this time to record new albums. Why not GNR too? What the hell is Axl doing inside all this time?

I bet if next year is a better year, most of the albums released will have follow up tours! OMG! Better start saving my money now!

I'm hoping Axl will write an auto-biography too. I want to hear his life story and how he remembers shit about GNR!

Just now, GNRfanJen said:

I went ahead and listened to it. This is what he said: 

"I've been jamming with Duff, and I've been jamming with Axl, and I've been doing stuff like that; so we've been getting some work done that way. I'm basically just focusing on writing new music, recording demos and recording guitar stuff for Guns." 

Yeah he said that he isn't collaborating with anyone and 100% focused on GNR

1 minute ago, GNRfanJen said:

I went ahead and listened to it. This is what he said: 

"I've been jamming with Duff, and I've been jamming with Axl, and I've been doing stuff like that; so we've been getting some work done that way. I'm basically just focusing on writing new music, recording demos and recording guitar stuff for Guns." 

Well I hope this quarentine finally becomes something positive in GnR’s world...they have time to focus on this and no excuse for not to do it...

Hell, even Axl and his rested vocals may be recording stuff...