Voodoochild

Saturday - Slash: Meet the Man Behind the Les Paul

Posted (edited)

If he specifically said they’re writing new stuff then I’m starting to get the impression that they’re gonna trash the chidem2 stuff (except maybe Hardschool) and start from scratch (which is fine by me, honestly).

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If he specifically said they’re writing new stuff then I’m starting to get the impression that they’re gonna trash the chidem2 stuff (except maybe Hardschool) and start from scratch (which is fine by me, honestly).

That would be great. I would very much prefer that. The Chinese leftovers smell really bad at this point. 

But they need a deadline.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So can we assume that what Susan was talking about, were these jams from Slash and Duff? I was really hoping that what she heard was something a bit more advanced than some jamming.

Edited by EricA
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

That would be great. I would very much prefer that. The Chinese leftovers smell really bad at this point. 

But they need a deadline.

They expired.

• Like 1

If Axl's writing new songs I expect a bunch of anti-Trump stuff. That could be dated if Trump loses this November and the album is out next year.

• Like 1

Good news if they're working together.

Like Slash would say, "All things considered, we'll see what happens."

Posted (edited)

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s a fair assumption to make that the album isn’t finished based on this interview with Slash. 

With that being said - didn’t Fernando say we’d see the new album “within 6 months” (March), and then said it was halted due to the virus? 

If Slash is still writing and recording demos this far in the game, I highly doubt anything other than maybe a single release of Hardschool would’ve been ready for a March release, virus or no virus. 

Edited by GNRfanJen
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The way he said "Recording guitar stuff for Guns" actually made me think he was referring to adding guitar to CD stuff. But who knows!? It definitely also sounds like there is potentially new material as well.

We'll just never hear it.

Edited by soon

4 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

If Slash is still writing and recording demos this far in the game

Another way you can look at it is just writing stuff and the Album is ready so this is just ideas for later..

Slash has said in almost every interview  he is always writing stuff either  for SMCK or GNR. So you can look at either way.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

f Axl's writing new songs I expect a bunch of anti-Trump stuff. That could be dated if Trump loses this November and the album is out next year.

If that happens switch  in Joe for Trump and you can still release the material. If I recall Chinese was released after the 08 election

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

Yeah I think if they're just jamming and writing right now then I'm not sure how far along they've gotten with the actual recording of full songs, unless this is the situation:

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Another way you can look at it is just writing stuff and the Album is ready so this is just ideas for later..

Slash has said in almost every interview  he is always writing stuff either  for SMCK or GNR. So you can look at either way.

I'm actually amazed that quotes like this don't make me excited anymore.. 

Nevertheless I hope we'll have new music (that includes CD leftovers) one day

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

I'm actually amazed that quotes like this don't make me excited anymore.. 

Nevertheless I hope we'll have new music (that includes CD leftovers) one day

This. They can jam and demo all they want, it doesn't mean anything until there's a set release date.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Is this for real?!?!

Yeah. Its like 1995 again, where he said the same stuff.

• Haha 3

Maybe they made an agreement that they do mostly CD2 stuff for the first release and all new stuff for the next. And since the first one is already finished and they don't want long gaps between albums once they're rolling...

Yeah, right. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

This. They can jam and demo all they want, it doesn't mean anything until there's a set release date.

Exactly

32 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Maybe they made an agreement that they do mostly CD2 stuff for the first release and all new stuff for the next. And since the first one is already finished and they don't want long gaps between albums once they're rolling...

Yeah, right. :D

please help me god !!!

3 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

I went ahead and listened to it. This is what he said: 

"I've been jamming with Duff, and I've been jamming with Axl, and I've been doing stuff like that; so we've been getting some work done that way. I'm basically just focusing on writing new music, recording demos and recording guitar stuff for Guns." 

Demos?? 

Ah, we're so far away from new music it's unreal. 

Normal bands that are 'jamming' and 'recording demos' really, really aren't on the verge of releasing anything. Let alone GNR. 

Yeah, we were absolutely never getting anything in 2020, pandemic or not. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

I think the way he differentiates "recording demos", "jamming" and "recording guitar stuff for Guns" makes me think that some of it it's new material and some of it is Slash working on CD-era songs. Which is awesome

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, we were absolutely never getting anything in 2020, pandemic or not.

We got 40 seconds of Hardschool at a soundcheck. That will pacify the fan base for a few more years, right? :lol:

https://streamable.com/ejyfmw

Some of those demos could be other ideas in general, not necessarily for GnR. I guess the question is did they already have songs recorded and ready for release this year and now Slash is jamming on new stuff for later, or did they never have anything ready for release?