Saturday - Slash: Meet the Man Behind the Les Paul

Maybe if they are not gonna release anything this year, they decided to work a bit more in new songs.

At the end of the day, we just don't know. If the band is not releasing anything, is not because they are still working with demos. Like the interview before Slash's one, with Tedd Rundgren (who wrote Dust in the Wind, which was an excellent cover back in the Illusions tour), a demo is almost as good as the finished product these days. 

• Like 4

I really think that they were supposed to play new songs this year and Covid19 stopped them from doing it. Similar to what they did with the CD songs from 2001 until 2007. Well, at least Hard School. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Sadly, there are some that would actually, genuinely argue that that is enough! 

If you told me back in September that in 2020 people would still be obsessing over a different clip of hardschool I’d have buried myself in a bottle 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, El Guapo said:

That would be great. I would very much prefer that. The Chinese leftovers smell really bad at this point. 

But they need a deadline.

But what about this box of... Pitman sub bass melod--- THROW IT AWAY! 

trash.jpg

"Jamming with Axl"

I want to know that someday Axl and Slash will play guitars together again.

0ee97e1e8847450e0d45fa5890b895c4.jpg

How could that not result in a cool song?

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Maybe they made an agreement that they do mostly CD2 stuff for the first release and all new stuff for the next. And since the first one is already finished and they don't want long gaps between albums once they're rolling...

Yeah, right. :D

You made a spelling mistake. Once theyr'e trolling...   is what you meant to write.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

I went ahead and listened to it. This is what he said: 

"I've been jamming with Duff, and I've been jamming with Axl, and I've been doing stuff like that; so we've been getting some work done that way. I'm basically just focusing on writing new music, recording demos and recording guitar stuff for Guns." 

Considering the time frame, if he really is just focusing on GNR and nothing else, then it sounds like Slash works longer on his guitar parts or the songs themselfs than usual. Maybe as long as it gets to make Axl happy... 

12 hours ago, EricA said:

So can we assume that what Susan was talking about, were these jams from Slash and Duff? I was really hoping that what she heard was something a bit more advanced than some jamming.

I m wondering if what was to be released as part of the tour if it had gone ahead this year, was just an  ep with hardschool, a couple of chidem songs put together with potentially an album with new material slated later this year. Slash says the intention was to tour  SA, europe and back to the states. That would be long enough to tour an ep. New album drops later in the year with a brand new album tour starting 2021.

As slash mentioning they are jamming means hopefully they are in a creative headspace hopefully this is a new chapter in this lineup. 

Or the intention was to tour a new album and maybe they are working on a followup 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sydney Fan

27 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

If they're doing a UYI box set next year then how does a new album fit into that? Wouldn't they want to do that at a different time so that one doesn't take away hype from the other? Or do they figure that it's fine to do both in the same year?

oh dear, sounds like you found the right excuse for no new music next year:(

Edited by EricA
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

Is there any official word they really are doing that anniversary?

2 hours ago, EricA said:

oh dear, sounds like you found the right excuse for no new music next year:(

Even if they do an anniversary. They couldn't release the AFD one on time. We weren't see any UYI boxset before 2022.

30 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Even if they do an anniversary. They couldn't release the AFD one on time. We weren't see any UYI boxset before 2022.

true that, i completely forgot the obligate 1 year delay:lol:

23 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Another point. Hearing Slash jams with Duff is cool. Jamming with Axl is even cooler but wouldn't it be better when jamming with Duff and Axl at the same time? Sounds like they did it on different occasions, right?

maybe a circumstance of social distancing that not all 3 of them were at the same place

Edited by EricA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

the fact that they wanted to play Hardschool live means at least that they record it in studio. no ?

Yes. If it was just a regular Chinese Democracy song reworked, that wouldn't be the case. But since it's an unreleased song, with different arrangement from what it sounded like, and after Slash himself said he was recording for GNR, it all seems to indicate that the song was already worked on studio by Slash and Duff. 

54 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Another point. Hearing Slash jams with Duff is cool. Jamming with Axl is even cooler but wouldn't it be better when jamming with Duff and Axl at the same time? Sounds like they did it on different occasions, right?

They need to record and send each other the ideas. With social distancing, they can't play at the same time via Zoom, Facetime or whatever. Too much latency. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Matinator said:

If you told me back in September that in 2020 people would still be obsessing over a different clip of hardschool I’d have buried myself in a bottle 

The clip I heard from that soundcheck sure didn't seem like anything to get excited about. Maybe if Axl didn't sound like crap...

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

If they're doing a UYI box set next year then how does a new album fit into that? Wouldn't they want to do that at a different time so that one doesn't take away hype from the other? Or do they figure that it's fine to do both in the same year?

Unless the thing they are jamming on and recording is a redone version of Ain’t Going Down. And the ‘new album’ is the ain’t going doing disc of the the UYI box set, lol. (They haven’t announced a UYI box set though).

16 minutes ago, Creed said:

The record won't sound right with Melissa, Frank and Fortus though. Trust me.

Izzy and Steven / Sorum defined the sound if GnR as much as Axl and Slash. Duff is the only replacable one.

Bolded: name me another bassist who sounds like Duff? We’ll use SCOM comparison. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Well they were touring during the AFD anniversary, and there was no change to the bands setlist. So  if the band is on the road next year, im sure they could still promote the anniversary 🤷‍♂️.

If the band are touring, it might even generate more tickets and suck some of the casual fans in attending thinking the band will change the setlist and add more illusion songs.

Edited by Sydney Fan

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

The clip I heard from that soundcheck sure didn't seem like anything to get excited about. Maybe if Axl didn't sound like crap...

The chorus is where it's kicks in I think, definitely could be a pretty great GNR song with Slash/Duff input. Also, trying say a song as bad off a 15 seconds soundbite from a rehearsal doesn't make much sense when the full song is available and most who've heard it agree it's a pretty great song.

8 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's a good point, but on the positive side, selling the two products at once could be a win win also. I can imagine a UYI badass box causing that nostalgia/hype and a new album available on streaming services. 

32 minutes ago, jafeijo said:

It's a good point, but on the positive side, selling the two products at once could be a win win also. I can imagine a UYI badass box causing that nostalgia/hype and a new album available on streaming services. 

Maybe, I'm not sure Fernandon't can handle doing both at the same time though. Although I guess it's the label taking care of it.

• Like 1