GUNS N' ROSES Drummer FRANK FERRER's PSSR Unleashes 'Busted' And 'Push' Singles

Not a huge fan of the song, a bit generic sounding for me, the singer especially is a bit wonky lol.  But I do like the drum sound and the groove so that bodes well for Frank when it comes to knowing if any new GNR album does come out he will be on it potentially with that sound

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Not a huge fan of the song, a bit generic sounding for me, the singer especially is a bit wonky lol.  But I do like the drum sound and the groove so that bodes well for Frank when it comes to knowing if any new GNR album does come out he will be on it

Ditto.

20 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Hopefully this album is a smash hit and Frank wants to commit to the band full time forcing him to step down from Gn'R

I can see it! Frank walking out the door with his thunderchuckers waving in the wind! "I'm going to be huge PSSR baby!" who needs all that cash and exposure!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, vloors said:

Nothing impressive here. Cheap acdc rip off with bad drumming. Frank sounds boring to me.

The drumming is supposed to be more simplistic, and to my ears he's laying it down and serving the song. I hear the ACDC, but there's a bit more to it than just ACDC, think they were listening to Airbourne too ;) 

I thought the first song had a good riff / groove. It's not my cup of tea though with his vocal style. I have nothing against bands doing retro rock, like Dirty Honey... just as long as the band and vocals are on point. I think PSSR are more of a garagey AC/DC / early The Strokes type band.

13 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Not a huge fan of the song, a bit generic sounding for me, the singer especially is a bit wonky lol.  But I do like the drum sound and the groove so that bodes well for Frank when it comes to knowing if any new GNR album does come out he will be on it potentially with that sound

I definitely foresee a rawer drum sound on any material the current band puts together, that's going by the choice of live mix they've gone with since 2016... but then again, Axl and Slash both have obviously shown love for the more polished sound on record so with all the options available they may ruin the he sound like Sorums parts on UYI.

4 hours ago, vloors said:

Nothing impressive here. Cheap acdc rip off with bad drumming. Frank sounds boring to me.

Glad someone else agrees with me.

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

The drumming is supposed to be more simplistic, and to my ears he's laying it down and serving the song. I hear the ACDC, but there's a bit more to it than just ACDC, think they were listening to Airbourne too ;) 

I thought the first song had a good riff / groove. It's not my cup of tea though with his vocal style. I have nothing against bands doing retro rock, like Dirty Honey... just as long as the band and vocals are on point. I think PSSR are more of a garagey AC/DC / early The Strokes type band.

Well Marc from Dirty Honey can sing circles around this guy (and most other rock singers nowadays).

• Like 3

On 2020-06-29 at 10:46 AM, seely said:

So since 2016, that's all band members (i'm assuming Melissa has done a soundtrack or something of the sort) have released full albums, either of their own or bands they are guesting with, with one notable exception....

Melissa worked on the soundtrack for The Last Of Us: Part 2 (and probably others too) so your point stands nicely. I suppose it's not all that surprising who the common denominator is.

• Like 1

I didnt like the song, but then again, my tastes have veered away from this type of rock. Franks groove was fine, but theres not a lot of way to fuck this type of song up. I thought the first part of Fortus solo was cool, but I agree that the change to a fuzzy tone mid solo was jarring.

Also, that snare sound is bleh. If i could compare it to something, it be a coconut. That is a coconut snare. Similar to sorums sound on Contraband.

I left a comment on one of the other topics about drum sound, and how on the recent youtube releases / Appetite for Democracy the live sound is awful as you can't hear the cymbals which carry the "sleaze" factor needed in dirty rnfnr like Apperite, ACDC's early stuff etc.

Cymbals in this song are perfect. Even the reverb left on the cymbal fading out at the end is there.

Guns sound engineer: take note.