Sp What Happens Now?

Will Guns n Roses become invisible until they can tour again, whenever that is going to be?  They will not be doing themselves any favours by not being 'active' as when tours can start again  the menu will be saturated and will Guns be able to compete, especially at filling out arena's.  I really  think they should not take the public for granted as the world of music will be quite different, it is more important now more then ever that they become  pro-active to keep their fan-base interested.

• Haha 1

What i'm about to say might be misunderstood by many, but AT LEAST covid 19 held Guns N' Roses shows for a while, thus making a possibility for them to focus on their new material, and maybe, trying to be a normal band for once - you know the deal, trying to be a band that actually RELEASE SONGS. 
If the news are to be believed, and there are at least 5 vacines on the corner, I can imagine them touring by the end of 2021, hopefully with NEW SONGS...they need to understand that the 2016 hype is - almost- over.

But I can't see Coins N' Roses lasting for more ten years.
Sorry, but they're making this "Feels Like a Lifetime Tour" so they can have FAT bank accounts when they retire.
We'll have maybe a new album, being it double or not, the UYI Box Set, and few other 'vault' songs when Axl dies, and that's it. 

• Haha 1

When you make proclamations about ‘ruling the next decade’ like they did on the recent tour video, you have to expect SOMETHING will be released - single/EP/album. No way can they keep touring through the ‘20s on nostalgia - the gas on that is already running low.

4 hours ago, NeonKinight said:

What i'm about to say might be misunderstood by many, but AT LEAST covid 19 held Guns N' Roses shows for a while, thus making a possibility for them to focus on their new material, and maybe, trying to be a normal band for once - you know the deal, trying to be a band that actually RELEASE SONGS. 

Exactly what I thought. It could have a positive effect after all. Less space for excuses (not that they have to talk to anyone...). 

this is a waiting period imo. They can't tour, and are allegedly writing and recording stuff. Even in ideal conditions it takes a long time for anything to happen, especially a new release of original music. Best case scenario is it will give Axl, Slash, and Duff more time and focus to write and record which can improve the work but I wouldn't expect anything to be released soon cause it sounds like they're not even close to having a finished product.

it's not like they're not doing anything. Last show was performed fairly recently and 2 sources have said there is activity when it comes to writing new material for a new release. Could be worse.

Edited by Rovim

Covid 19 is not going to make their internal work systems change at all. You are right that covid has in some ways helped GNR. Without it they would have toured again this year and the world needs a rest from GNR touring 30yr old songs. 

I don't think the next tour they go will be in support of a new release, but at least they've been forced off the road for the better part of a year so there might be a bit of a hunger for them, when things balance out. Also, a valid point is that when things do get the green light, EVERY band is going to be out there. GNR should take note of this and decide to come out strong, some strategic media placement with Axl or Slash (both preferably) clearly saying 'new stage, new set, new songs from our new album, and some deep cuts' blah, blah! If I get a hint of GNR going out business as usual it's going to take a lot for me to part with my cash... 

• Like 1

Whatever the plans were for 2020 (billed as if it were going going to be a big year for Guns N' Roses), they will be pushed back til this pandemic passes, one would assume.

Hopefully things continue to progress for the next few months so that the South American leg can continue in the Fall, offering us an insight on what to expect in the new year. Optimism doesn't really go hand in hand with Guns N' Roses post 1996, but as the infamous sign says: WE NOW BELIEVE MORE THAN EVER.

If there is only one album left in this deal with Geffen/Interscope, don't be surprised if it leads to several years of creative output on an independent, self-made label. Kind of hoping for it to pan out that way.

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Covid 19 is not going to make their internal work systems change at all. You are right that covid has in some ways helped GNR. Without it they would have toured again this year and the world needs a rest from GNR touring 30yr old songs. 

I don't think the next tour they go will be in support of a new release, but at least they've been forced off the road for the better part of a year so there might be a bit of a hunger for them, when things balance out. Also, a valid point is that when things do get the green light, EVERY band is going to be out there. GNR should take note of this and decide to come out strong, some strategic media placement with Axl or Slash (both preferably) clearly saying 'new stage, new set, new songs from our new album, and some deep cuts' blah, blah! If I get a hint of GNR going out business as usual it's going to take a lot for me to part with my cash... 

I couldn't agree more with this. What they do in the next 12 months is pivotal I think. if they choose to opt for 'nothing' again, they'll have a tough time maintaining any interest from anyone. 

8 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Yeah outside of The General there isn't much left.

Not sure if The General is out there, outside of the band and prone to leaking, but as far as songs that have yet to leak that are confirmed to exist at least by the band, we have:

The General

Cuban Skies

Monstrocity

Ides of March

4 Heavens.

Light My Fire (a cover, presumably) 

Zodiac (with vocals)

Soul Monster/Elvis/Leave Me Alone (with vocals)

Tonto (with vocals)

Berlin/Oklahoma (with vocals)

Some of the above may be listed twice, if the titles are working titles of another song.

I'm sure there are many others, both songs intended for an eventual release and others to never see the light of day.

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I couldn't agree more with this. What they do in the next 12 months is pivotal I think. if they choose to opt for 'nothing' again, they'll have a tough time maintaining any interest from anyone. 

You would have assumed a band that was really starting to have a tough time in 2013/2014 would remember that without something new it's really difficult to stay in focus! They had a really bright flame with 2016, but that can only last so long! I just think they believe that are big enough to create waves with or without product, and they just aren't... there's a handful of bands capable of that! Gnr in 2016 was that, Rolling Stones are that... it's a short list.

7 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

When you make proclamations about ‘ruling the next decade’ like they did on the recent tour video, you have to expect SOMETHING will be released - single/EP/album. No way can they keep touring through the ‘20s on nostalgia - the gas on that is already running low.

Especially playing stadiums which was their intention this year.