Sp What Happens Now?

23 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

You would have assumed a band that was really starting to have a tough time in 2013/2014 would remember that without something new it's really difficult to stay in focus! They had a really bright flame with 2016, but that can only last so long! I just think they believe that are big enough to create waves with or without product, and they just aren't... there's a handful of bands capable of that! Gnr in 2016 was that, Rolling Stones are that... it's a short list.

I think the Rolling Stones is probably the model they are basing themselves on at the moment for sure. 

It's dangerous ground though- expectations are high now for when they start again. The general opinion is that the setlist will be entirely different and that new material will be released as soon as touring resumes. That idea has been fueled by comments from the band.....so if it doesn't happen, people are going to be seriously fed up. 

The realistic scenario is that when touring resumes the setlist will be the same (maybe with Hardschool thrown in on the odd night) and no new material will be released. That's what people should be told to expect.....then if anything else happens, its a pleasant surprise. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think the Rolling Stones is probably the model they are basing themselves on at the moment for sure. 

It's dangerous ground though- expectations are high now for when they start again. The general opinion is that the setlist will be entirely different and that new material will be released as soon as touring resumes. That idea has been fueled by comments from the band.....so if it doesn't happen, people are going to be seriously fed up. 

The realistic scenario is that when touring resumes the setlist will be the same (maybe with Hardschool thrown in on the odd night) and no new material will be released. That's what people should be told to expect.....then if anything else happens, its a pleasant surprise. 

Yeah, they should always keep expectations low... because they never follow through on plans outside of showing up for concert dates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Especially playing stadiums which was their intention this year. 

Exactly. There is no logic to playing stadiums with just a rejigged setlist and stage production....it’s why I think were really about to get something (EP or whatever) to have released alongside the dates. I know history says ‘no way’ but there is very little reasoning this time to do a stadium tour with no new product.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Exactly. There is no logic to playing stadiums with just a rejigged setlist and stage production....it’s why I think were really about to get something (EP or whatever) to have released alongside the dates. I know history says ‘no way’ but there is very little reasoning this time to do a stadium tour with no new product.

They've done the same thing for decades prior to the  "reunion". It's totally possible they come back out selling the exact same thing all over again. Eventually crowds will get smaller though as what happened towards the end of the CD run, but anyone thinking things will be drastically different once things get going again will be disappointed. I mean even if they wanted to without new music how could they mix things up to keep it interesting? There's not much really, I mean they're playing essentially the songs people want to hear now generally speaking.

They used to mix it up at the beginning of 2016, each evening with a surprise. But then they ceased to do that, more or less. 

I still keep my hopes up in terms of now there's Slash and Duff, and they are a force that needs to be reckoned with; it's not just Axl's whims with a bunch of hired guys any longer. I believe Slash wants to release music, and not just with SMKC. We'll see. 

Edited by jamillos

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Not sure if The General is out there, outside of the band and prone to leaking, but as far as songs that have yet to leak that are confirmed to exist at least by the band, we have:

The General

Cuban Skies

Monstrocity

Ides of March

4 Heavens.

Light My Fire (a cover, presumably) 

Zodiac (with vocals)

Soul Monster/Elvis/Leave Me Alone (with vocals)

Tonto (with vocals)

Berlin/Oklahoma (with vocals)

Some of the above may be listed twice, if the titles are working titles of another song.

I'm sure there are many others, both songs intended for an eventual release and others to never see the light of day.

4 heavens? Source?

2 hours ago, blackrose87 said:

They've done the same thing for decades prior to the  "reunion". It's totally possible they come back out selling the exact same thing all over again. Eventually crowds will get smaller though as what happened towards the end of the CD run, but anyone thinking things will be drastically different once things get going again will be disappointed. I mean even if they wanted to without new music how could they mix things up to keep it interesting? There's not much really, I mean they're playing essentially the songs people want to hear now generally speaking.

Agree it’s totally possible nothing changes (and history suggests changes are likely to be minimal) but in a soon to be cluttered market and 4/5 years on into the reunion it would be BAD business to not even fire out a single/EP. The rehearsal of Hardschool was the key point for me.

Liking the Ted Crilly avatar. 😂

• Like 1

Nothing. This band is long past the point of doing anything but the occasional tour, and they're either not savvy enough or willing enough to embrace things like an active and open social media presence or unique online events during the Covid era. I'd say we might get ONE brand new song from the band before they eventually call it quits, but I don't see them ever going into a studio to bang out a full length album.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chevelle said:

Nothing. This band is long past the point of doing anything but the occasional tour, and they're either not savvy enough or willing enough to embrace things like an active and open social media presence or unique online events during the Covid era. I'd say we might get ONE brand new song from the band before they eventually call it quits, but I don't see them ever going into a studio to bang out a full length album.

This...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chevelle said:

That's what I think too. Now if they had better management...

6 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's what I think too. Now if they had better management...

In my view axls pipes will last until hes 65. Thats how much longer i give GNR.  So you would think you would record and tour as much as you can until the inevitable happens, but i dont feel axl has that drive to really be creative where slash and duff are.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

In my view axls pipes will last until hes 65. Thats how much longer i give GNR.  So you would think you would record and tour as much as you can until the inevitable happens, but i dont feel axl has that drive to really be creative where slash and duff are.

The thing is, we never know with Axl's pipes. If he doesn't waste his vocal cords on the never-ending touring, he could last long. We'd thought we was done in 01/02 (compared with the 90s), but then 2006 came. We'd thought he was done in 2011 to 14, but then 2016 (especially AC/DC) came. This could happen again, as long as he doesn't completely deplete himself like since 2018. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The thing is, we never know with Axl's pipes. If he doesn't waste his vocal cords on the never-ending touring, he could last long. We'd thought we was done in 01/02 (compared with the 90s), but then 2006 came. We'd thought he was done in 2011 to 14, but then 2016 (especially AC/DC) came. This could happen again, as long as he doesn't completely deplete himself like since 2018. 

And - be sensible with the song choices. It fries my brain the band doesn’t dip into the back catalogue to A) freshen the setlist and more crucially B) to give Axl songs much more comfortable to sing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

🤞

On 2/7/2020 at 12:19 PM, t-p-d-a said:

Axl will deal intensively with his voice and regularly take singing lessons and vocal training. He will have a tight daily schedule, including diet advice and a gym for build muscle and fat burning.

When the time comes,  the best Guns N 'Roses studio album gets his release and we see an extremely motivated Axl Rose in his best physical shape of his life, on stage with a bloody hell kickass setlist.

Had you eaten cheese shortly before bed when this dream happened ?

• Haha 2