SLASH Is 'Focusing On Writing New Music' And 'Recording Guitar Stuff' For GUNS N' ROSES

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-is-focusing-on-writing-new-music-and-recording-guitar-stuff-for-guns-n-roses/

" "I've been pretty much a homebody, but I've been back and forth between my studio in the house and doing a lot of writing and recording on my own. I've been jamming with Duff [McKagan, GUNS N' ROSES bassist] and I've been jamming with Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer], and I've been doing stuff like that, so we've been getting some work done that way. But I haven't been doing much else. I haven't been doing any collaborations with the odd artists and whatnot. [I'm] basically just focusing on writing new music and recording demos and recording guitar stuff for GUNS and whatnot."

• Like 1

Its time to stay positive guys...

Slash says they’re working on stuff.

We know for a fact they rehearsed Hardschool, Pretty Tied Up, Think About You; plus they played You’re Crazy at their last show.

I believe things are moving forward in orden for us to get new things (new songs, at some point an album and old new songs being played live)

I think its time we assume this will be happening sooner than later.

I belive in Axls confidence with Slash by his side...and I believe in Slash making Axls material more GnRish.

Its happening guys

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

He's got his permanent solo career this time around though, if the guns thing doesn't work out he'll just keep going regardless. In every sense he's in a much better position this time than in 96 to do whatever he wants.

Yeah that was smart of him to establish SMKC as a solid “foundation” to fall back on, whenever GnR is on a break.

• Like 1

As a new 'fan' I have been reading historic posts, I am shocked to find that exactly the same thing was being asked about 'new music' etc, this is over ten years ago.  I wonder why such confusing messages are constantly thrown out to their fan base, what is the point, why not just have an intelligent and honest conversation regarding GnR plans.   

4 hours ago, moreblack said:

He's got his permanent solo career this time around though, if the guns thing doesn't work out he'll just keep going regardless. In every sense he's in a much better position this time than in 96 to do whatever he wants.

His solo career.... Axl on a bad day beats myles on his best day.. They wont make money touring bingo halls and bowling alleys, GNR will always sell more tickets... Money matters when you're paying your ex wife off

• Like 2

Just now, metallex78 said:

You may not like Slash’s solo band, but they were close to headlining festivals in Australia, along with nearly selling out 10,000 seater arenas on their last few tours here. They’re not GN’R levels sure, but they’re not just some shitty bar band either 

Ive seen them twice, they're a tight band but there's one weak link

7 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Yeah, and it’s probably you :lol:

I didn't realise i was in the band, there's a reason they're doing 2/3k capacity gigs around Europe and USA... Small tight band, front man sounds like a strangled cat. Axl on a bad day is better by miles 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When you think about it, Guns are in general the biggest example of inverse proportion in the music industry. The amount of working on stuff, focusing on new material, composing and jamming, working very hard, constant writing, recording, and looking very seriously at what they're doing in all kinds of regards... and then the volume of released material on the other hand. A miraculous example indeed! 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

I trust Slash and he is not the problem. He likes creating new music no doupt. If he wants new music, he make new music. I'm 100% sure

There is a another huge problem we still haven't new music... but not because of Slash

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 3