Jump to content
StayofExecution2020

SLASH Is 'Focusing On Writing New Music' And 'Recording Guitar Stuff' For GUNS N' ROSES

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I trust Slash and he is not the problem. He likes creating new music no doupt. If he wants new music, he make new music. I'm 100% sure

There is a another huge problem we still haven't new music... but not because of Slash

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dando said:

I didn't realise i was in the band, there's a reason they're doing 2/3k capacity gigs around Europe and USA... Small tight band, front man sounds like a strangled cat. Axl on a bad day is better by miles 

Myles ain’t no Mickey Axel 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dando said:

I didn't realise i was in the band, there's a reason they're doing 2/3k capacity gigs around Europe and USA... Small tight band, front man sounds like a strangled cat. Axl on a bad day is better by miles 

Huh.. Saw them in a 14,000 capacity venue in Ireland and it was pretty full. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Guns N' Roses should always take priority. Axl seemed to show more interest in doing a record with Angus than he did with Guns going by the rumours that were doing the rounds at the time and while that would have been cool as fuck, I'd have been slightly disappointed at that happening before another GN'R release. Totally understandable though, that was his band growing up and it must've been a surreal experience being in that position, especially ending up being the greatest voice to ever be associated with that band...:smiley-confused2:

I just hope these shows in November shed some light on what's going to be happening next, and hopefully it won't be another year on top of that until we get to hear anything officially. UYI anniversary next year, get that to fuck if it means delaying new material.

EDIT: I emailed Fermanager after his Reddit post, I did say another double album would be incredibly ballsy, it would be great to coincide the anniversary with another double album release. Wishful thinking but who knows?!

Edited by Dean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Huh.. Saw them in a 14,000 capacity venue in Ireland and it was pretty full. 

Thats a tiny crowd compared to what Guns have been playing infront of. Even the 2010/12 GNR had bigger crowds in Europe and nobody had heard of 90% of the band 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dando said:

Thats a tiny crowd compared to what Guns have been playing infront of. Even the 2010/12 GNR had bigger crowds in Europe and nobody had heard of 90% of the band 

And still it's not a tiny crowd. Especially for a band with a singer that "sounds like a strangled cat". :facepalm: :rolleyes: Fake Guns didn't pull much more either.

8 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Its time to stay positive guys...

Slash says they’re working on stuff.

We know for a fact they rehearsed Hardschool, Pretty Tied Up, Think About You; plus they played You’re Crazy at their last show.

I believe things are moving forward in orden for us to get new things (new songs, at some point an album and old new songs being played live)

I think its time we assume this will be happening sooner than later.

I belive in Axls confidence with Slash by his side...and I believe in Slash making Axls material more GnRish.


Its happening guys

If it doesn't happen now, with a forced down time, it will happen never. So yes, let's stay positive.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Would SMKC pay his ailimony with a fair whack of change left over for himself i wonder?.

Also at this stage, no slash in GNR is no GNR period.

If he wouldn't make the GNR money, he could petition the court to cut the alimony, so let's cut that bullshit talk already.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, metallex78 said:

You may not like Slash’s solo band, but they were close to headlining festivals in Australia, along with nearly selling out 10,000 seater arenas on their last few tours here. They’re not GN’R levels sure, but they’re not just some shitty bar band either 

Yeah. They certainly make money. Also they play twice as much shows on a tour in the same time than GNR.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well they do have all the time in the world now to focus on writing and recording, no excuses left for why it couldn't be done. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dean said:

Guns N' Roses should always take priority. Axl seemed to show more interest in doing a record with Angus than he did with Guns going by the rumours that were doing the rounds at the time and while that would have been cool as fuck, I'd have been slightly disappointed at that happening before another GN'R release. Totally understandable though, that was his band growing up and it must've been a surreal experience being in that position, especially ending up being the greatest voice to ever be associated with that band...:smiley-confused2:

I just hope these shows in November shed some light on what's going to be happening next, and hopefully it won't be another year on top of that until we get to hear anything officially. UYI anniversary next year, get that to fuck if it means delaying new material.

EDIT: I emailed Fermanager after his Reddit post, I did say another double album would be incredibly ballsy, it would be great to coincide the anniversary with another double album release. Wishful thinking but who knows?!

I personally think the band should do 3 albums. We certainly know there is a CD2 and potentially enough material for a third. When GNR released illusions no band had released 2 albums together. GNR should clean the slate and release 3 seperate albums. No other band since 91 has released 3 albums.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I personally think the band should do 3 albums. We certainly know there is a CD2 and potentially enough material for a third. When GNR released illusions no band had released 2 albums together. GNR should clean the slate and release 3 seperate albums. No other band since 91 has released 3 albums.

That would be unbelievable, anything to beef up the back catalogue!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dean said:

That would be unbelievable, anything to beef up the back catalogue!

If the band are wanting to be the next stones/Queen they need to increase the catalogue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, metallex78 said:

You may not like Slash’s solo band, but they were close to headlining festivals in Australia, along with nearly selling out 10,000 seater arenas on their last few tours here. They’re not GN’R levels sure, but they’re not just some shitty bar band either 

Yes saw them at Qudos in early 2019. Cant beleive they played there. Was very surprised, but good show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dean said:

 

I just hope these shows in November shed some light on what's going to be happening next, and hopefully it won't be another year on top of that until we get to hear anything officially. UYI anniversary next year, get that to fuck if it means delaying new material.

 

There's no way those shows are happening

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

If the band are wanting to be the next stones/Queen they need to increase the catalogue.

I'm a massive fan of Queen and I am of the belief Mercury is the greatest of all time, however, the only thing preventing Axl surpassing Fred is the lack of material. I'm still really hopeful.

3 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

There's no way those shows are happening

If things continue to progress the way they have been, it's definitely a possibility. Who knows?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

If the band are wanting to be the next stones/Queen they need to increase the catalogue.

That ship sailed a long time ago.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

As much as Myles puts me to sleep and I dislike his timbre and lack of charisma, there is really no contest.

In the here and now, he's a much, much better singer than Axl. He got great technique, breathing control, much more power etc. These are just facts.

Unfortunately yes.

Even young Axl isn't the better singer but he would easily outperform Myles with his power, his timbre and his overall performance. 

Now, all that's left is his stage present.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I wish "new GN'R" put out CD2 or whatever they were going to call it before Slash and Duff returned. 

At this point, it would be great if they put out a double album as others have suggested. The first being CD2 with no or minimal contributions by Slash, Duff (and Frank, would love to hear more Brain) and then maybe the other album being self-titled with a mix of CD3 (in 2006 Axl said they had about half of a 3rd album done) and totally new stuff by the current lineup.

Make it happen, Team Brazil! Call CD2 "Seven" or "7" with track 7 being the title cut. What an appropriate name for the 7th studio GN'R album.

Edited by Sweersa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I wish "new GN'R" put out CD2 or whatever they were going to call it before Slash and Duff returned. 

At this point, it would be great if they put out a double album as others have suggested. The first being CD2 with no or minimal contributions by Slash, Duff (and Frank, would love to hear more Brain) and then maybe the other album being self-titled with a mix of CD3 (in 2006 Axl said they had about half of a 3rd album done) and totally new stuff by the current lineup.

Make it happen, Team Brazil! Call CD2 "Seven" or "7" with track 7 being the title cut. What an appropriate name for the 7th studio GN'R album.

Fuck CD2, the less heard of it, the better. Duff and Slash are back. That is all that is interesting. What they can come up with Axl.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Would SMKC pay his ailimony with a fair whack of change left over for himself i wonder?.

Also at this stage, no slash in GNR is no GNR period.

Keep hearing this about his alimony. What kind of deal did perla get? they were divorced before he joined guns, her settlement would have been based on his GnR royalties and his SMKC earnings. And if somehow she managed to get a % of everything else he earns on top of that, its hardly going to be more than 10-20%, people keep this myth up that slash is in GnR to pay his $400m dollar per month alimony. I don't even remember this making the news, it seems to be a myth spoken as fact that slash has an extortionate alimony check. I'd love to be shown how much it really is, coz he must have earned over $100m for GnR 2016-2020 plus SMKC stuff

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dando said:

His solo career.... Axl on a bad day beats myles on his best day.. They wont make money touring bingo halls and bowling alleys, GNR will always sell more tickets... Money matters when you're paying your ex wife off

Again, the myth that slash is in GnR to pay off his ex wife! hes earned 10s of millions more likely over $100m for this tour, they were divorced before this tour started! Slash is not poor because of his divorce!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Huh.. Saw them in a 14,000 capacity venue in Ireland and it was pretty full. 

They also subheadlined download festival roughly 100k people, seen them at 10k venues in UK. They're a decent sized band for sure. not a fan of the past 2 albums, world on fire was ok i guess but slash and apocalyptic love were awesome. LTD was cock rock boredom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

They also subheadlined download festival roughly 100k people, seen them at 10k venues in UK. They're a decent sized band for sure. not a fan of the past 2 albums, world on fire was ok i guess but slash and apocalyptic love were awesome. LTD was cock rock boredom. 

Being a 2nd headliner at a festival... Its not their crowd, ive seen them twice here in the uk, wasn't 5k at both shows combined, they dont play the big arenas here

21 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Again, the myth that slash is in GnR to pay off his ex wife! hes earned 10s of millions more likely over $100m for this tour, they were divorced before this tour started! Slash is not poor because of his divorce!

Isn't it something like 300k a month she's getting 

Edited by dando

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×