SLASH Is 'Focusing On Writing New Music' And 'Recording Guitar Stuff' For GUNS N' ROSES

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

It's just bonkers to assume that someone going through a very expensive thing won't look at something very lucrative with a slightly different attitude. Would it have happened without the divorce? Who knows. Wild speculation. Why does anyone refuse money? 

I'm baffled as to why people are using hashtags on a forum to be honest. 

It's bonkers to assume a bloke worth $100m who has another very successful band and an image he can (and has) monetise the shit out of, would only be in a band to pay $1m per year to his ex. especially when you consider his royalties, SMKC and image stuff he listed as $7.5m in 2015, pre gnr. 

Let's use real life terms. Let's say you earn 50k per year, and have 50k in your bank as savings, you divorce your wife and she gets the same % as perla is getting from slash's worth. You'd be paying her 500 per year. plus the kids. It's nothing, its miniscule compared to his net worth and his earnings even with GnR. The point is the only people who seem to use slash's divorce as a reason for being in GnR are this forum. Slash is one of the richest rockstars alive with or without gnr and with this divorce settlement.

35 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

It's bonkers to assume a bloke worth $100m who has another very successful band and an image he can (and has) monetise the shit out of, would only be in a band to pay $1m per year to his ex. especially when you consider his royalties, SMKC and image stuff he listed as $7.5m in 2015, pre gnr. 

Let's use real life terms. Let's say you earn 50k per year, and have 50k in your bank as savings, you divorce your wife and she gets the same % as perla is getting from slash's worth. You'd be paying her 500 per year. plus the kids. It's nothing, its miniscule compared to his net worth and his earnings even with GnR. The point is the only people who seem to use slash's divorce as a reason for being in GnR are this forum. Slash is one of the richest rockstars alive with or without gnr and with this divorce settlement.

Sure. The huge amount of cash had absolutely NOTHING to do with it. He did it for the sheer love. If that makes you feel better? 

52 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Sure. The huge amount of cash had absolutely NOTHING to do with it. He did it for the sheer love. If that makes you feel better? 

he reunited with GnR because he's been wanting to for years. The one time Axl went back to slash, slash was back in the band. You think he reunited with GnR purely because he was getting a divorce and wanted to pay for it!? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

22 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

he reunited with GnR because he's been wanting to for years. The one time Axl went back to slash, slash was back in the band. You think he reunited with GnR purely because he was getting a divorce and wanted to pay for it!? 

maybe it wasn't one reason. There is a lot Slash has gained from rejoining Gn'R. Money, playing to huge crowds, being a part again of a legendary band he helped build, sharing a stage with Axl again while still having the con as his creative outlet on a smaller scale.

He had nothing to lose from rejoining and does it really matter why he accepted? Gn'R was always a band that seemed to care about commercial success/money and Slash seem to enjoy the live part of being a musician so much, his musical integrity is not in question for me just because he made a sensible decision.

Edited by Rovim

20 minutes ago, Rovim said:

maybe it wasn't one reason. There is a lot Slash has gained from rejoining Gn'R. Money, playing to huge crowds, being a part again of a legendary band he helped build, sharing a stage with Axl again while still having the con as his creative outlet on a smaller scale.

He had nothing to lose from rejoining and does it really matter why he accepted? Gn'R was always a band that seemed to care about commercial success/money and Slash seem to enjoy the live part of being a musician so much, his musical integrity is not in question for me just because he made a sensible decision.

Every average music fan out there has Axl and Slash in mind when talking/hearing/reading about GNR. Slash made history as one of the best guitarists in one of the biggest rock bands ever. 

Imagine you settle differences with your lead singer and you're able reform this band, wouldn't you do it? 

GNR is Slash's baby as much as it's Axl's. He doesn't need a divorce to reunite what he has built in the first place.

Particularly as Slash's GNR buisness has nothing to do with his alimony to Perla. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Sure. Pure love. 

Edited by allwaystired

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Sure. Pure love. 

"It's just a gig". 

Do you really believe that Slash said that??? Matt Sorum contradicted himself a lot in his book. I'm not believing much from what Sorum said. Furthermore, Slash helped to build GNR. There's a lot of pride in that. I know for me that I would have just as much pride in building something. Heck, at work, I co-founded an employees resource group for people with disabilities. I helped with building awareness. My term ended and someone else took over. He built what I and others started. I take a great amount  of pride that I co created this group. Ditto with Slash and GNR. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Ok... are we really counting Lies? I mean, two new songs and a few covers? It's a bunch of bsides with one great song (Patience). 

Ok, it wasn't an eternity, but when you take other successful bands and look at their output in the early stages of their careers GNR are on a complete go slow... and yeah, they had a huge album and they had to tour, blah, blah! The favourite example of a right way of doing things is Metallica... releases 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1991 compared to GnR 1987, 1991, 2008. But you can do the same with popular bands throughout history The Beatles, Toto, Van Halen, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Aerosmith etc. so many bands... and that's what I'm smoking, what are you smoking? ;) 

Fact is they released three full length albums, EP, and a cover album  from 87-93. That's a lot of material for a band at that time.  Again, I really don't know what you expect.  Where they messed  up was afterwards in 94. They just couldn't hold it together. I wish they didn't release Sympathy for the Devil in 94. Instead of the 94-96 session, they should have just taken a break for awhile and reconvene when they sorted out their issues with each other. It is what it is though. 

# Gates, Bezos don't have enough money.  Newsflashs- Everybody wants to earn and get as much money as they can. Yes his divorce was a big one. No. It did not break him before reumion tour, but the reunion  easily upped him  way over double whatever his worth was before.  

Edited by Amaya

52 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Do you really believe that Slash said that??? Matt Sorum contradicted himself a lot in his book. I'm not believing much from what Sorum said. Furthermore, Slash helped to build GNR. There's a lot of pride in that. I know for me that I would have just as much pride in building something. Heck, at work, I co-founded an employees resource group for people with disabilities. I helped with building awareness. My term ended and someone else took over. He built what I and others started. I take a great amount  of pride that I co created this group. Ditto with Slash and GNR. 

To be honest, I edited that out of my comment just after posting because, yeah, I'm not actually convinced Slash said that and like you, I took that book with a massive pinch of salt. 

I do think that 'pride' element is there for sure....but we'd be out of our minds to suggest finances didn't play a massive part in it all. 

• Like 1

Regarding the divorce, all I know is that when I was first reading guns forums starting around 2015 there was a lot of talk on one Guns forum about the impending divorce and how that would lead to a GNR reunion. I thought that was a gross topic of conversation and seemed to fit with the toxic vibes of that forum. So I ignored it completely and even stopped checking that forum. But then it went down exactly as predicted. :shrugs:

53 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

To be honest, I edited that out of my comment just after posting because, yeah, I'm not actually convinced Slash said that and like you, I took that book with a massive pinch of salt. 

I do think that 'pride' element is there for sure....but we'd be out of our minds to suggest finances didn't play a massive part in it all. 

I totally agree with you on this post. Of course money has a massive part in it. So does knowing you created something that will last for a very long time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

1st spell the name right.

2nd Myles is good in Alter Bridge and stuff but he sounds like a cat being strangled when he sings GNR.

You fail to see my humour at making fun of someone who can’t spell “Miles” properly, 

Its as bad as people who wrote Axel instead of Axl.
I wrote it like that on purpose! :lol:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Metallica... releases 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1991 compared to GnR 1987, 1991, 2008. 

Well, for GnR it's actually 1986, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 2008. Even if some of that was re-release and covers.

Edited by Nice Boy

1 hour ago, soon said:

Regarding the divorce, all I know is that when I was first reading guns forums starting around 2015 there was a lot of talk on one Guns forum about the impending divorce and how that would lead to a GNR reunion. I thought that was a gross topic of conversation and seemed to fit with the toxic vibes of that forum. So I ignored it completely and even stopped checking that forum. But then it went down exactly as predicted. :shrugs:

I seem to remember different interviews and i think with marc canter, where the one thing that stopped axl reuniting with slash earlier was because of perla. Axl apperently never liked perla, more because of her motives. Once the divorce started the relationship between axl and slash started again.  I also remember arlett verecke saying the same thing and not having nice things to say about perla,  when slash and meeghan where officially an item. Yes im sure slash knew the money would be huge, but lets be honest axl and sladh were always what represented GNR. How many here on the forum went to an NITL show because of duff?. Me neither.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 5:39 PM, Sweersa said:

TSI 2 or Use Your Illusion 3

I'd be willing to bet the 2008-2014 version of CD2 would be better than the best of both of the above.

Dont know... i think from all i`ve heard i would only love to get on the new record "going down" and "hardschool" and if u give me a going down sang by Duff n Axl even better, But the other songs i heard not cool to have on a record. Would prefer they sit their asses down and write new material mixing old gnr to CD era so that way u get a YCBM and TWAT kind of song, u know what i mean