Beavis and Butthead being revived at Comedy Central

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/beavis-butt-head-returning-two-new-seasons-spinoffs-at-comedy-central-1301344

So, Beavis and Butthead is getting revived again, this time at Comedy Central. We're also getting two new spinoffs, including the Daria spinoff that focuses on Jodie.

All I gotta say is... YES!!!!!

c55e5d7dca5c7a8e80d250e45593069b.gif

If somebody already made a thread of this, feel free to delete!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, action said:

this is my kind of humour

too incorrect for the softie milennials though, it'll get cancelled like fuck

I'm not sure... it already got a renewed season in 2011. Back in the 90's it was sorta controversial, but since then there have been animated shows like South Park and Family Guy that take it a lot further and have a lot of stereotypical and even racist jokes when you think about it, but are still among the most popular animated shows on TV right now. Beavis and Butt-head is rather innocent compared to those shows.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I'm not sure... it already got a renewed season in 2011. Back in the 90's it was sorta controversial, but since then there have been animated shows like South Park and Family Guy that take it a lot further and have a lot of stereotypical and even racist jokes when you think about it, but are still among the most popular animated shows on TV right now. Beavis and Butt-head is rather innocent compared to those shows.

i don't think they'd stand the wrath of the feminists

25 minutes ago, soon said:

... you can’t even spell millennial :lol:

I misspelled it on purpose, to taunt them

me and my buddie, we basically WERE beavis and butthead.

sitting at the back of the class, laughing with things the teacher says, fantasising about chicks and never really getting any, wandering the streets and messing with society full of douchebags and bungholes. Man those were the days. It's a sad realisation, I'm in no position to act like that anymore. responsabilities and stuff, they suck

What made the original Beavis and Butthead great was them making fun of the music videos on MTV.  Along with some scenes with them and Mr. Anderson, at school, etc..  Can't do the video thing anymore.  I'll give it a chance, love Mike Judge.  

6 hours ago, action said:

i don't think they'd stand the wrath of the feminists

You understand that Feminists arent a millennial phenomenon, right? They existed when Beavis and Butthurt first aired. Actually, didnt this show air during the Riot Grrl era? 

Also, its a show about how dumb and utterly useless Gen Xers are, btw. :lol:

21 minutes ago, soon said:

You understand that Feminists arent a millennial phenomenon, right? They existed when Beavis and Butthurt first aired. Actually, didnt this show air during the Riot Grrl era? 

Also, its a show about how dumb and utterly useless Gen Xers are, btw. :lol:

a farmer in the USA in 2020 is something different than a farmer in russia in 1450. They're both farmers, but hugely different.

This goes for everything, including feminists.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, action said:

a farmer in the USA in 2020 is something different than a farmer in russia in 1450. They're both farmers, but hugely different.

This goes for everything, including feminists.

Its true that there is nothing today matching Riot Grrl as a popular hard rock movement. I guess one could take that to mean that feminists were more organized and popular back in the day? That they were a bigger part of the cultural landscape, to the extent that these Riot Grrl bands were playing festival stages and selling albums, getting videos played on MTV, etc. 

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Its true that there is nothing today matching Riot Grrl as a popular hard rock movement. I guess one could take that to mean that feminists were more organized and popular back in the day? That they were a bigger part of the cultural landscape, to the extent that these Riot Grrl bands were playing festival stages and selling albums, getting videos played on MTV, etc. 

could be.

I don't see many efforts by feminists, today, that would make them more popular to be honest. What once was a honorable movement, has turned into a clownesque affair that only deserves total ridicule.

2 minutes ago, action said:

could be.

I don't see many efforts by feminists, today, that would make them more popular to be honest. What once was a honorable movement, has turned into a clownesque affair that only deserves total ridicule.

Well... no.

Also, your point was that feminists have the power to cancel your stoner cartoon reboot. (Y'know should feminists indeed care that it exists, outside of their own personal fandoms for the show. And should they share your curious analysis of how all feminists should think). But you're also conceding that they are currently less popular then their MTV heyday? By your description, feminists shouldnt be much of a threat to your cartoon.

3 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Didn't they do this in 2011?

Yeah, but that didn't last very long. From what I've read, it got cut short because MTV wanted to focus on 12-14 year old girls or something like that.

Shame really, the 2011 episodes were just as funny as the 90s episodes. At least Comedy Central is giving it new life

• Like 1

7 hours ago, soon said:

Well... no.

Also, your point was that feminists have the power to cancel your stoner cartoon reboot. (Y'know should feminists indeed care that it exists, outside of their own personal fandoms for the show. And should they share your curious analysis of how all feminists should think). But you're also conceding that they are currently less popular then their MTV heyday? By your description, feminists shouldnt be much of a threat to your cartoon.

they're a vocal minority. for some reason, whenever they moan and complain, they get what they ask. they are not popular, they couldn't be further away from that, but people tend to be scared by them and do what they say. It's kind of like the bully at school: people hate him, but do as he says regardless. also, don't underestimate the power of twitter. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, action said:

they're a vocal minority. for some reason, whenever they moan and complain, they get what they ask. they are not popular, they couldn't be further away from that, but people tend to be scared by them and do what they say. It's kind of like the bully at school: people hate him, but do as he says regardless. also, don't underestimate the power of twitter. 

Wow, these mythical demon ladies sound very successful. :lol: And in all this hot analysis you never even found the opportunity to expound on why this monolithic block of people who are known to you as “feminists” would - for the first time since they mutated into a force for bad, post 2011 - take issue with your stoner cartoon?

However, it must be said, the only people I ever see trying to cancel tv and movies are men who cry about their muscly robot from the future movies when they realize there’s been a strong female lead this entire time. Or when they cry and moan about Star Wars :lol:. But Star Wars and terminator doesn’t get cancelled because these men are laughable and weak. 

The same lot whom GNR figured wouldn’t be able to handle their ISE video back in the day. That’s why they released it finally to the more mature and reasoned millennials, like 25 years later.

Beavis and Butthurt will be watched and enjoyed by its fans and no one else will care. It’s boring af.

1 hour ago, soon said:

It’s boring af.

Yeah, the part of the show where they are criticizing videos was usually kind of boring, but the rest of the show was sometimes alright, in a ''dumb and dumber'' kind of way. But then again, I haven't watched this show in ages.

26 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Yeah, the part of the show where they are criticizing videos was usually kind of boring, but the rest of the show was sometimes alright, in a ''dumb and dumber'' kind of way. But then again, I haven't watched this show in ages.

I thought the watching videos part was the entire show - Ive never seen an episode. lol. I have a vague recollection of seeing clips from a movie about them. Lots of silence, farts and mostly I remember them just saying "Bunghole-eo" a lot. :lol: