Beavis and Butthead being revived at Comedy Central

14 minutes ago, soon said:

I thought the watching videos part was the entire show - Ive never seen an episode. lol. I have a vague recollection of seeing clips from a movie about them. Lots of silence, farts and mostly I remember them just saying "Bunghole-eo" a lot. :lol:

Haha... no, they would go into town and act stupid or get into trouble with their neighbours... just like the movie, it actually had a storyline!

The creater Mike Judge is definitely a talented writer. He also did King of the Hill and one of my favourite comedy movies, Office Space, which are both different from Beavis and Butt-head.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Haha... no, they would go into town and act stupid or get into trouble with their neighbours... just like the movie, it actually had a storyline!

The creater Mike Judge is definitely a talented writer. He also did King of the Hill and one of my favourite comedy movies, Office Space, which are both different from Beavis and Butt-head.

Oh cool I didnt know the same person also did Office Space. Yeah, great flick! I just looked it up and learned that Judge released a companion piece to Office Space in 2009, called Extract. I'll have to check that out!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh cool I didnt know the same person also did Office Space. Yeah, great flick! I just looked it up and learned that Judge released a companion piece to Office Space in 2009, called Extract. I'll have to check that out!

I always thought Beavis and Butthead was just an updated version of The Three Stooges. Certainly not for everyone's taste. It's stupid and sophomoric but Mike Judge touches on a lot of underlying themes based on middle class culture. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I always thought Beavis and Butthead was just an updated version of The Three Stooges. Certainly not for everyone's taste. It's stupid and sophomoric but Mike Judge touches on a lot of underlying themes based on middle class culture. 

I was going to say that it spoke to the zeitgeist of the 90's, reacting to videos, I spent a good deal of the 90's as a kid watching MTV and reacting or making fun of music videos, but that's a thing on YouTube now, isn't it? So basically an entire generation of YouTubers are ripping off Beavis and Butt-head...

42 minutes ago, soon said:

Nice, I didn't know that either, I'm definitely going to watch it!

• Like 2

On 04/07/2020 at 4:56 PM, soon said:

I thought the watching videos part was the entire show - Ive never seen an episode. lol. I have a vague recollection of seeing clips from a movie about them. Lots of silence, farts and mostly I remember them just saying "Bunghole-eo" a lot. :lol:

Cornholio ;)

On 03/07/2020 at 10:02 PM, soon said:

You understand that Feminists arent a millennial phenomenon, right? They existed when Beavis and Butthurt first aired. Actually, didnt this show air during the Riot Grrl era? 

Also, its a show about how dumb and utterly useless Gen Xers are, btw. :lol:

Also, there's a feminist in Beavis and Butthead...Daria.  She's kinda the counterpoint to them, always making them look like idiots but they're too thick to get it.

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Cornholio ;)

Hahaha! Right, how did I get that wrong? lol

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Also, there's a feminist in Beavis and Butthead...Daria.  She's kinda the counterpoint to them, always making them look like idiots but they're too thick to get it.

What?? Looked it up and she totally looks like she listens to Riot Grrl too. How has that Daria is a feminist has not come up yet? Has @action just been toying with me?? (I guess shes one of the good old feminists, not one of the horrible new ones? :lol:). But its almost as if I shouldn't just go around talking about TV shows that Ive never seen?? :lol:

She went on to get her own series and a couple movies too, in addition to the new Daria spin off. And they call her Diarrhea :lol:. She seems to have been so influential that she influenced a real human being - Aubrey Plaza. Plaza seems to lean into the comparison too,

3 hours ago, soon said:

What?? Looked it up and she totally looks like she listens to Riot Grrl too. How has that Daria is a feminist has not come up yet? Has @action just been toying with me?? (I guess shes one of the good old feminists, not one of the horrible new ones? :lol:). But its almost as if I shouldn't just go around talking about TV shows that Ive never seen?? :lol:

She went on to get her own series and a couple movies too, in addition to the new Daria spin off. And they call her Diarrhea :lol:. She seems to have been so influential that she influenced a real human being - Aubrey Plaza. Plaza seems to lean into the comparison too,

Aubrey would be perfect for Daria.  Check out the movie "The To Do List".  Funny and a certain kind of hotness. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soon said:

daria is a feminist I'd fancy having a fuck. I'd get those crazy feminist thoughts right out of her longing mind. Those feminists all just need to get proper laid, they would be less angry then.

On 7/3/2020 at 10:54 AM, Len Cnut said:

You should watch F is for Family...I NEVER watch cartoons but this shit is really good.

Guns N' Roses tie.. Sort of.. Dave Kushner writes the music for that show..

My cousin told me about that show. I watched it once and wasn't blown away.. Maybe I should give it another shot. 

18 minutes ago, action said:

daria is a feminist I'd fancy having a fuck. I'd get those crazy feminist thoughts right out of her longing mind. Those feminists all just need to get proper laid, they would be less angry then.

Unnecessarily vulgar. Didn’t get a laugh out of me. I mean I assume it was meant to be a joke.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, soon said:

Unnecessarily vulgar. Didn’t get a laugh out of me. I mean I assume it was meant to be a joke.

why would I joke about a serious issue like that?

it is a measurable fact that feminists don't get laid enough. some men don't get laid enough either, there's a term for them which escapes me, and as a result they hate all women.

more shagging means less hatred. blows off some steam.

relax, it's nothing but flesh and bone.

34 minutes ago, action said:

why would I joke about a serious issue like that?

it is a measurable fact that feminists don't get laid enough. some men don't get laid enough either, there's a term for them which escapes me, and as a result they hate all women.

more shagging means less hatred. blows off some steam.

relax, it's nothing but flesh and bone.

I think your confusing that fact that most women don’t want to fuck you with that being some sort of ideology.

probably just simple self preservation of the ego :shrugs:

10 hours ago, soon said:

I think your confusing that fact that most women don’t want to fuck you with that being some sort of ideology.

probably just simple self preservation of the ego :shrugs:

I didn't say they have to shag me, I just offered my services. 

Besides, I was talking bollox obviously, I'm married.

The point is, if they would get a good shagging, they'd see that not all men are bad. feminism is not an ideology, it's just dumb hatred.

• Haha 1

I used to watch Beavis and Butthead when I was around the same age as the characters. It was funny then. Not certain about now, but I wouldn't have liked it even then if it had been just fart humor without funny characters and a storyline. It was sort of clever as a satire from what I remember.

On 4.7.2020 at 12:47 AM, action said:

could be.

I don't see many efforts by feminists, today, that would make them more popular to be honest. What once was a honorable movement, has turned into a clownesque affair that only deserves total ridicule.

Antifeminists of the past decades would say the same thing. And the antifeminists of the future decades will probably say the same thing. The "good feminist" is always the one of the past.

• Like 1

On July 9, 2020 at 1:57 PM, JONEZY said:

Aubrey would be perfect for Daria.  Check out the movie "The To Do List".  Funny and a certain kind of hotness. 

Right on, thanks for the suggestion! Checked out the trailer and it looks great, will check it out soon. I mean, its got Aubrey Plaza and Connie Briton... sign me up! :headbang:

15 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

You missing a big piece of 90s American pop culture, soon.

MV5BNGIwYTA1OWItOTFjNy00NGI5LTg1NTctMmYxZDEwMzI3NjRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjE5MjUyOTM@._V1_.jpg

I really should check it out, eh. I definitely didnt understand that it had this type of middle class commentary. And to think, some would say that America has no culture, I mean just look at this crudely drawn cartoon! lol j/k. Nah, gonna check this out! I shall become Cornholio!

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, soon said:

Haha! I still dont now which one that is, but its surely a step down from Daria. Likely much more accurate! :lol:

Sorry, man, this was my attempt to be funny after more than ten beers last night. I should've known better. Don't drink and type.

You're nothing like Butt-head, regarding characters on this show, you are probably the most like Beavis and Butt-head's teacher,

David Van Driessen Sings For Beavis and Butt-Head

David Van Driessen: A teacher who is characterized as an extremely liberal hippie. Specifically, he is a pacifist, concerned about environmental protection, believes in aid for foreign countries, and women's rights. His voice is provided by Mike Judge. He has a beard, long hair, and wears a peace sign T-shirt and flip-flops. He generally speaks in a soft, gentle voice, encourages his students to get in touch with their feelings, and often plays folk songs on his guitar. He has a habit of ending nearly every sentence with "M'kay?"

Edited by EvanG
  • Haha 1