Unreleased Greatest Hits

7 minutes ago, dando said:

If they we're so popular then... Why has 99% of the world forgotten about them? 

Completely unnecessary flops that even most fans dont want to hear 

99% of the world can only name November Rain, Sweet Child and if you're lucky Paradise City and Don't Cry.

I'd rather hear them do Ain't it Fun, Black Leather or Human Being. 

6 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

99% of the world can only name November Rain, Sweet Child and if you're lucky Paradise City and Don't Cry.

I'd rather hear them do Ain't it Fun, Black Leather or Human Being. 

I get that point a bit, Sweet child & November are piss breaks for everyone but casual fans.. They haven't been good for ages

I'd love for them to do Human Being, he did about 20 seconds in Prague and i thought we we're getting the lot 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dando said:

I'd love for them to do Human Being, he did about 20 seconds in Prague and i thought we we're getting the lot 

No shit???  When was this?   Was this the same show he actually sang the snippet from Only Women Bleed?

Ya know, some bands are in the habit of surprising fans by playing entire album in a row, unannounced.  Pearl Jam's done it.   By the third song or so, the crowd goes apeshit cause they realize what's happening.

Just imagine a universe where Axl actually gave even the tiniest iota of a shit about his fans, and they did TSI? straight through, just for the hell of it.

It's a lovely dream, but the chances of that happening are lower than me being the meat in an Erin Everly/Stephanie Seymour sandwich. 

25 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

No shit???  When was this?   Was this the same show he actually sang the snippet from Only Women Bleed?

Ya know, some bands are in the habit of surprising fans by playing entire album in a row, unannounced.  Pearl Jam's done it.   By the third song or so, the crowd goes apeshit cause they realize what's happening.

Just imagine a universe where Axl actually gave even the tiniest iota of a shit about his fans, and they did TSI? straight through, just for the hell of it.

It's a lovely dream, but the chances of that happening are lower than me being the meat in an Erin Everly/Stephanie Seymour sandwich. 

2017, he joked around singing the first 15/20 seconds or so 

23 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

They don't think in terms of keeping lunatic fans like us happy. Also, I'd bet that Axl is more old school and would prefer to release his material on a traditional album rather than bonus add ons for a greatest hits package. It worked ok for VH on best of both worlds but the new material was really not digested because it was surrounded by the bands biggest songs... impossible company!

I do hope to hear State of grace in a more finished form one day though! that song above all the others has potential, kinda reminds of 'The Garden' part II.

I agree, a proper mix of State of Grace with a great Robin or Buckethead solo added (or Richard, Slash or whomever) and perhaps refined, final vocals (if the leak was scratch vocals as some say) 

I especially like the intro to that song. Reminds of the classic '90s Doom PC game music. I hope they keep that, and the 8-bit sounding Atlas intro.

1 hour ago, dando said:

2017, he joked around singing the first 15/20 seconds or so 

At what point of the show should that have been? I can't remember it, and i was there !? I just went back to the old show thread and nobody else mentioned it back than, and i'm pretty sure one of us, who attended this show also, would have done so?

But maybe i'm getting old and start to forget about certain things? So please tell me, before or after, which song it happened. 

Edited by EricA

48 minutes ago, EricA said:

Ah, good to know, i thought it was one of your facts, like SCOM and NR being piss breaks for everyone.

Are you always arrogant or is it just reserved for me? 

Haven't you noticed it at a gig? It empties towards the bar and toilets

Edited by dando

24 minutes ago, dando said:

Haven't you noticed it at a gig? It empties towards the bar and toilets

to be fair, no, i had front of stage tickets for every show, and at least there, people stayed. But you said only the casuals care about this songs, so going by that logic, especially the FOS section must be emptier at this point, cause casuals don't even buy that much of these tickets.

17 minutes ago, EricA said:

to be fair, no, i had front of stage tickets for every show, and at least there, people stayed. But you said only the casuals care about this songs, so going by that logic, especially the FOS section must be emptier at this point, cause casuals don't even buy that much of these tickets.

I tend to stand about 1/3 way back or side of the stage in the seats, but stood absolutely 

16 minutes ago, soon said:

KOHD is my piss break song. During NR and SCOM I like to watch the casuals get super excited about our band!

KOHD, you've time for a sit down meal 😂 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, soon said:

KOHD is my piss break song. During NR and SCOM I like to watch the casuals get super excited about our band!

Bumblefoot's solo is mine. Haha (Not that he isn't a great player)

I remember my first GN'R concert was 2011, and thought it was great seeing people singing along to This I Love. I miss that era. The less mainstream CD-era lineup was special, to me at least. Seemed more exclusive. 

Just now, dando said:

Id go to a gig to hear a full set of deep cuts & unreleased stuff, id rather hear that stuff but causals wanna hear the big hits

Oh I know. Unfortunately that’s been evident since the reunion - pre-reunion there was much more variety and the fans at that time were much more ‘hardcore’.

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Oh I know. Unfortunately that’s been evident since the reunion - pre-reunion there was much more variety and the fans at that time were much more ‘hardcore’.

I get that, the 02,06,10,12 shows, you had more verity.. But NITL, Give me Coma, Slither, Yesterdays, DTJ, acoustic Patience and even Seeker which rocks.. . Sadly i missed Locomotive, Dead Horse, You're crazy 

Even Black Hole Sun was epic in Dublin & London as Chris had just died... Im kinda fed up of it now 

A Greatest Hits record, good luck picking the tracks

3 hours ago, EricA said:

Ah, good to know, i thought it was one of your facts, like SCOM and NR being piss breaks for everyone.

Well, to be fair Axl hasn't sounded good on these songs since the 90's. Even in 2010 his voice was all over the place during SCOM and November Rain.

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I agree, a proper mix of State of Grace with a great Robin or Buckethead solo added (or Richard, Slash or whomever) and perhaps refined, final vocals (if the leak was scratch vocals as some say) 

I'd absolutely love that. However unlikely it is.

And I've said before, but leave the CD guitarists on CD stuff. So Buckethead please.

Otherwise if the next GnR release consists of Slash redoing solos on former line up material that has already leaked, it'll be like CD all over again, which was Bumblefoot redoing solos on former line up material that had already leaked (as much as I love Bumble and Slash, leave it alone please, release new shit, save former line up shit for a boxset of that line up material).

Amd surely they must be scratch vocals, there's mistakes!?!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

I'd absolutely love that. However unlikely it is.

And I've said before, but leave the CD guitarists on CD stuff. So Buckethead please.

Otherwise if the next GnR release consists of Slash redoing solos on former line up material that has already leaked, it'll be like CD all over again, which was Bumblefoot redoing solos on former line up material that had already leaked (as much as I love Bumble and Slash, leave it alone please, release new shit, save former line up shit for a boxset of that line up material).

Amd surely they must be scratch vocals, there's mistakes!?!

Totally agree! I'd love a CD re-release with 2-3 discs of material with the original alt artwork for all 2-3 discs. Followed shortly by a new album with the current lineup. I doubt the current reunion lineup has done much as far as song writing through, but who knows. I wouldn't even care that much to be honest, I'm far more interested in the CD era, but that's just me.

State of Grace vocals sound like they were recorded on a cheap mic, definitely off. Unless Axl was going for a really raw sound. Haha 

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Totally agree! I'd love a CD re-release with 2-3 discs of material with the original alt artwork for all 2-3 discs. Followed shortly by a new album with the current lineup. I doubt the current reunion lineup has done much as far as song writing through, but who knows. I wouldn't even care that much to be honest, I'm far more interested in the CD era, but that's just me.

State of Grace vocals sound like they were recorded on a cheap mic, definitely off. Unless Axl was going for a really raw sound. Haha 

Absolutely with you on that. A 3/4 disc Chinese reissue is the thing that interests me most right now. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dando said:

I get that point a bit, Sweet child & November are piss breaks for everyone but casual fans..

Most of the audience are "casual fans' and Sweet Child and November Rain are Guns N Rose's most popular songs. I really have no idea what you're talking about.