GNR music played at Trump/Epstein party

9 minutes ago, soon said:

.... Yup. And I just successfully lambasted that how for some their take on the social climate amounts solely to their absurd fear of hashtags. Try and keep up :lol:

Eh... OK.

9 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, I very much doubt Trump is a fan of theirs. I doubt he's a 'fan' of anything musical really - just money. 

I don't think you can read people very well then. He's not a cartoon figure who only likes money. He saw GNR in 1989 opening for the Stones, and asked Axl for a GNR reunion on twitter like around 2012 lol (maybe it was Rock Hall related I dont remember), something like "do it for us fans". I remember him saying he bought UYI the day it came out.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I don't think you can read people very well then. He's not a cartoon figure who only likes money. He saw GNR in 1989 opening for the Stones, and asked Axl for a GNR reunion on twitter like around 2012 lol (maybe it was Rock Hall related I dont remember), something like "do it for us fans". I remember him saying he bought UYI the day it came out.

I don't think he saw GnR opening for the Stones. He was at the Rolling Stones show in Atlantic City where Axl and Izzy guested. It doesn't seem he was there for the show so much :lol:

I've read the story about Trump buying the Illusions in Mick Wall's book and in articles ghost-written by him, so I don't know. Maybe Trump had read about it in Forbes and went because it was a big event.

Yes, he had tweeted about the HOF, as he does about everyone and everything :lol:

24 minutes ago, default_ said:

Wasnt Trump founding something UYI related back in the day? I remember reading it somewhere lol

There was a rumour in 1992, attributed to "sources" in Trump's camp, that he wanted to produce the UYI movie and was negotiating with the band. Apparently it didn't happen or the rumour was bogus to begin with. 

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Donald Trump was always a fan of the band, even going as far as calling Axl the "Donald Trump of Rock N' Roll." 

How things turned around, huh. No one back then would believe. Then again, that applies to everything. 

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

He said those things, but I heard he has no personal connection to music at all. 

9 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Well, I've seen many bands 'opening for people'....and let's face it, a Rolling Stones concert is hardly packed with the most elite music fans! People go to these sort of things to sit in the executive boxes and do business deals. As for his tweet about the hall of fame- so? He's tweeted all sorts of negative garbage about all sorts of things. 

I've seen zero evidence he ISN'T a cartoon character obsessed with money. 

Can you honestly see this 'big guns n roses fan' being any other than a guy who wanted a slice of being around them when they were massive and had shit loads of money flowing through when they rode into town? Really? 

Perhaps he can drop in here and discuss it. I'd be keen to hear his views. 

5 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

He said those things, but I heard he has no personal connection to music at all. 

Exactly. We see no evidence whatsoever that he has any like or understanding of anything cultural. 

9 hours ago, default_ said:

Wasnt Trump founding something UYI related back in the day? I remember reading it somewhere lol

No idea....but if there was money in it, they were one of the biggest bands in the world at the time, so he would have wanted a slice no doubt. 

5 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Don't think that holds up really. Trump has repeatedly used GNR music as part of his campaign (using Live and Let Die at the mask factory, think he used Sweet Child at his rally at Mt Rushmore).

Think he just likes the music.

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I've seen zero evidence he ISN'T a cartoon character obsessed with money. 

Everyone's human. People reducing people to a persona is just weird.

4 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Don't think that holds up really. Trump has repeatedly used GNR music as part of his campaign (using Live and Let Die at the mask factory, think he used Sweet Child at his rally at Mt Rushmore).

Well, yes I'm sure we're aware that Donald Trump is actually a human. But thanks for pointing out he isn't LITERALLY a cartoon persona! 

Good grief. 

32 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Trump has repeatedly used GNR music as part of his campaign (using Live and Let Die at the mask factory, think he used Sweet Child at his rally at Mt Rushmore).

Was that Trump's decision though? I thought maybe somebody who didn't like Trump put the song on because they thought it was fitting and/or to make Trump look bad/worse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Was that Trump's decision though? I thought maybe somebody who didn't like Trump put the song on because they thought it was fitting and/or to make Trump look bad/worse.

If it was his or his administration's decision it's beyond parody for it's stupidity! 

I assumed it was someone taking the piss out of him too. 

13 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Given that his campaign has repeatedly used GNR music and he's a bit of a history with the band I think it's not ridiculous to think he enjoys the bands music.

10 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Some people just like to take a stab at Trump any chance they get. Not that he doesn't deserve it, I'm sure he does. People who mindlessly attack someone are no better than those who mindlessly follow that same person.

21 hours ago, Rayno said:

Sorry, but I don't get you here, mate. I just don't understand what you mean so I'm asking. Guns were/are not responsible for some idiots playing their songs on their fucked up party, right?

21 hours ago, jamillos said:

Absolutely. The train of thought was that I misread it as them having played there (I know it's nonsense), in which case if they were dissed for that by the public - as you've suggested - that wouldn't be fanaticism, that would be actually justified, considering the said company (Epstein, Trump), that's all. 

Now that I think about it - it actually would suggest some amount of hysteria, as you were saying. Because: this was 1992, when Trump was just a big guy that wasn't really known outside the US, and barely anyone had ever heard of Epstein, right? So back then, the notion of these two was completely different, and therefore scolding the band today for having done that (which they fortunately didn't) wouldn't be fair towards Guns. 

Anyway, off to have a drink. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

The tall guy from Penn and Teller was on the Joe Rogan podcast talking about his The Apprentice appearances. He didn’t talk negatively about Trump but he said that Trump never genuinely laughed once In two seasons and that he was never moved or touched by music. 

9 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The tall guy from Penn and Teller was on the Joe Rogan podcast talking about his The Apprentice appearances. He didn’t talk negatively about Trump but he said that Trump never genuinely laughed once In two seasons and that he was never moved or touched by music. 

Well if a magician said it, it must be true.

Edited by GNR_RNR