Postponed U.S. Shows - Keep your tix or get refund?

On 8/4/2020 at 7:13 AM, TheJayman said:

I am looking at going to the Fenway Park show next year.  I have never seen them live before.  1) is it worth it to see them?  2) Do you think I should buy my ticket now, or wait until show day?

It's definitely worth going to see GNR in concert.  They are still good. I've seen them 6 times in the NJ/NYC area. This year would have been my 7th time. Since I bought my tickets for MetLife before COVID, I'm keeping my tickets. It was already a foregone conclusion for me as well as my childhood friend who I'm going with.  

Since you have not gotten your ticket, yet, I would suggest waiting to see what happens with COVID. Hopefully we will have a vaccine or some type of medical treatment next year. 

Just logged into my TM account and seeing a message that my refund request was approved and I should see the money back on my visa in 7-10 days. I'm confident that it should be any day now...

Edit- refund was posted this morning! It's a great time to be a GNR fan :)

Edited by Coma16

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 9:34 AM, Coma16 said:

There was a "refund" button to press to our TM account. Shortly after I proceeded with requesting a refunded I had received an automated email indicating that they've received the request, no further action is needed, and it would take up to 30 days. When I log into my account it basically indicates the same. It's on the Canadian side for a postponed show (but I believe the process was the same for the US folks).

I have to wait 45 days. I got my tix through Seat Geek. They tried to bait me with a credit to my account for up $1100 dollars to use towards an upcoming event :lol: I'm flattered but there's really no one I'd like see in concert and having to wait until next year to go to a concert is not worth it for me given the world circumstances

7 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

In the awful event concerts have to be cancelled next year due to coravirus do you think there will be enough people wanting to see them 2022, especially as they dont release music or interview inbetween?

It looks like there weren't really enough people who wanted to see them in 2020 really, given ticket sales and cancelled concerts, so goodness knows about 2022.

The absence of them touring might renew a bit of interest, but I think the casuals are done with them now, and the casuals made up the majority of NITL ticket sales.