Postponed U.S. Shows - Keep your tix or get refund?

The U.S. shows were postponed on May 20th.  No new dates have been issued.  Based on information on the live nation website, the refund window opens if no new dates are posted within 60 days of the postponement.  So that's around July 20th.  Even if the dates are rescheduled in the next couple of days, will YOU the concert goer keep your tix and hope for next year, or get the refund?

I will probably keep them just because whenever they do come back I would plan on seeing them so I wouldn't have to go through on sale dates and times again, and if they end up canceling, refunds would be given anyways

• Like 1

I guess I should have said at the top that I am going to get a refund.  I was taking my two Sons to their first GNR show so it is a bummer.  But I don't think going to a concert is realistic until at least 2022.  That's too far out to have a big chunk of money tied up in 100 level tickets.

• Like 1

If you can get your $ back, I’d suggest you do it. There are no guarantees there are shows next year. If there are shows, everyone will be touring  and there will probably be some very competitive deals out there to replace your ticket 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

I guess I should have said at the top that I am going to get a refund.  I was taking my two Sons to their first GNR show so it is a bummer.  But I don't think going to a concert is realistic until at least 2022.  That's too far out to have a big chunk of money tied up in 100 level tickets.

I have four tickets for Detroit and was also taking both my kids to their first GnR concert.  Really bummed about it.  I plan on getting a refund too.  I’ll repurchase once it gets scheduled.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Ticket prices only ever go one way. Live nation/Ticketmaster will ramp the prices up, you can be sure of that. 

I'm willing to wait and see. The demand wasnt there prior to Corona and ticket sales proved that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I'm willing to wait and see. The demand wasnt there prior to Corona and ticket sales proved that. 

That's certainly true. I just can't see fans getting anything other than fucked (as usual!). I'm referring to ticket prices for gigs in general here, rather than just GNR. 

There's definitely not the demand for these GNR shows.....but I think it's quite likely that going forwards the venues will become smaller and the ticket prices rise or at best stay the same. It was always inexplicable why they booked a return to stadiums. I've never worked that one out. (This will probably spark a very tedious 'ignoring the facts' debate about how the stadium shows would have sold, how they would have booked them planning discounts, how they wouldn't have booked stadiums unless they had a big plan for new material, etc- be warned on that front! As you say though, the ticket sales were very weak, as anyone with access to the internet could see for themselves on the ticket sites.) 

Wait and see would absolutely be my thinking too. I'm absolutely done with buying tickets for concerts well in advance, for anything, let alone expensive shows that have a good chance of not happening at all. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

I'm saving my two tickets for Detroit, July 2020.

Hopefully they honor them at the rescheduled show. I hate dealing with refunds. I got them from StubHub so not sure how much of a pain in the ass it is to get refunded through there. I can't even get into the damn site anymore but I got the ticket PDF and print outs so that's something at least.

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I'm saving my two tickets for Detroit, July 2020.

Hopefully they honor them at the rescheduled show. I hate dealing with refunds. I got them from StubHub so not sure how much of a pain in the ass it is to get refunded through there. I can't even get into the damn site anymore but I got the ticket PDF and print outs so that's something at least.

I mean, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news....but you know Stubhub are apparently very close to filing for bankruptcy and on the verge of collapse?  

• Haha 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

I mean, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news....but you know Stubhub are apparently very close to filing for bankruptcy and on the verge of collapse?  

Well, shit.

At least I have the tickets, which have the venue name and logo so hopefully they honor them, or enough to issue replacement tickets at least. Worst case, I'm just out a few hundred dollars.

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

Well, shit.

At least I have the tickets, which have the venue name and logo so hopefully they honor them, or enough to issue replacement tickets at least. Worst case, I'm just out a few hundred dollars.

Yeah, I can't see the tickets not being honored if the gigs go ahead. Might be a problem if they don't. With them being a touting site, they've got themselves in trouble - they're over-charging, now of course there are concerts getting cancelled all the time and they can't afford to give the refunds. 

I would say 'fuck them' and I'm glad they're going out of business, but it's really sad to see people with tickets potentially get screwed over. I hope it all works out OK for you, genuinely. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, I can't see the tickets not being honored if the gigs go ahead. Might be a problem if they don't. With them being a touting site, they've got themselves in trouble - they're over-charging, now of course there are concerts getting cancelled all the time and they can't afford to give the refunds. 

I would say 'fuck them' and I'm glad they're going out of business, but it's really sad to see people with tickets potentially get screwed over. I hope it all works out OK for you, genuinely. 

Thank you, I appreciate that. I was finally able to get onto their site, but my order is not showing up anywhere. I have the original email and everything, so I at least have that.

Based on my very short experience with them, sounds like they needed to go out of business. 

The venue says: "Concert tickets purchased via tigers.com will be valid for the new show date at Comerica Park." The tickets I have printed have Tigers written all over them (from the original purchaser from StubHub I presume) so hopefully they honor them if/when they reschedule. I don't see why they wouldn't, would be a major dick move to turn someone down with tickets to the canceled show for the rescheduled event. 

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/tickets/concerts/guns-n-roses

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

Thank you, I appreciate that. I was finally able to get onto their site, but my order is not showing up anywhere. I have the original email and everything, so I at least have that.

Based on my very short experience with them, sounds like they needed to go out of business. 

Could you do a chargeback on your card maybe? There's a few websites detailing how to do that out there.