Postponed U.S. Shows - Keep your tix or get refund?

No one knows what going to happen a year from now. My biggest concern at the moment in regard to COVID is that Governor Murphy has allowed NJ Transit buses and trains along with private carriers for public transportation to be at full capacity. New Jersey is just starting to contain this virus and this decision may set NJ back. It's a foolish decision. 

In a year  from now, there will be some type of medical treatment...hopefully. 

11 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I have him/her on block now but this is pretty much a clone of the 'debate' I had on the NITL selects thread. Just rude aggression all the way seems to be the standard. You might as well talk to the wall. It's fairly draining and I got called every name under the sun for trying to explain something I actually knew about. 

Yeah. I get you. But I'm not in the business of blocking obnoxious people, who twist the words coming out your mouth and having a different opinion... maybe I should though... :max:

Edited by PatrickS77

Covid 19 ain't going away any time soon.  It will be here all fall, winter, spring.  Even if they come up with a vaccine, it takes time to produce it and build herd immunity.  This at MINIMUM will take all of 2021.  I can't see any large scale shows happening until 2022 at the earliest.  

7 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Covid 19 ain't going away any time soon.  It will be here all fall, winter, spring.  Even if they come up with a vaccine, it takes time to produce it and build herd immunity.  This at MINIMUM will take all of 2021.  I can't see any large scale shows happening until 2022 at the earliest.  

I do not think it is that far fetched that a great deal of the population can be vaccined by next summer with the rate scientists are moving. Production has started months ago on some of the leading candidates.

That being said, I agree that does not mean big events will be completely safe by then. A big portion of the population will probably refuse the vaccine, at least at the start, and there will no doubt still be some that do want it that haven't received it yet. 

This is also just talking about the USA. A world tour brings in a whole new slate of questions. Anyways, I don't think it's all doom and gloom but big events will be the last things to get the clear

Edited by ZoSoRose

23 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

Correct 

23 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I do not think it is that far fetched that a great deal of the population can be vaccined by next summer with the rate scientists are moving. Production has started months ago on some of the leading candidates.

That being said, I agree that does not mean big events will be completely safe by then. A big portion of the population will probably refuse the vaccine, at least at the start, and there will no doubt still be some that do want it that haven't received it yet. 

This is also just talking about the USA. A world tour brings in a whole new slate of questions. Anyways, I don't think it's all doom and gloom but big events will be the last things to get the clear

So you think major acts will be touring next year? 

1 minute ago, The Holographic Universe said:

So you think major acts will be touring next year? 

If we get a vaccine announced in 2020 for immediate distribution, it is possible. That does not mean I think it will be a responsible or a good idea but money talks. Even if a lot of people accept the vaccine, many won't by then either because they are stupid, it not being available to them yet, or just laziness or procrastination. Because of that, big events will still be potentially dangerous. More unvaccinated people= more infection chance among them

46 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

If we get a vaccine announced in 2020 for immediate distribution, it is possible. That does not mean I think it will be a responsible or a good idea but money talks. Even if a lot of people accept the vaccine, many won't by then either because they are stupid, it not being available to them yet, or just laziness or procrastination. Because of that, big events will still be potentially dangerous. More unvaccinated people= more infection chance among them

Which is why I hope that it gets mandated that everyone is vaccinated. Look, I hate needles, but I would rather go through a needle than get sick or passing it to my immediate family. 

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I have removed a bunch of posts with insults to other users, If you quoted any of those then your post will have been removed too.

Please don't insult other users if they have differing opinions to your own. It's childish. 

Shame. Maybe we could have thrown some of that dude's words in his face next year. ;)

• Haha 1

It has actually been 61 days. There is no refund link available in my account so I called TM Help line. Was not able to get an agent, same with their live chat. I just replied to the postponement email so I'll report back tomorrow if they reply...

• Thanks 2

If these shows are still happening, they can't possibly not know the dates yet. Surely the absolute first thing you'd do when you know they weren't happening as planned would be to get the new dates booked in? 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

Totally don't blame anyone asking for a refund its different  if they had 2021 dates out EU postponed since May if they cant find dates in 2 months then I'm not sure they will if everyone else can drop new dates in weeks why cant GnR 

Surely it cant be hard too sit down with your team ring The Stadiums you have booked & re arrange dates they either say YES OR NO

• Like 2

Are refunds available for the Fenway Park show at least? I bought my tickets through the venue itself.

EDIT: Just double-checked. Ticket buyers are apparently supposed to get an email today with refund instructions. If I don’t get it by tomorrow I’ll just call the venue, I guess.

Edited by rocknroll41

52 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Are refunds available for the Fenway Park show at least? I bought my tickets through the venue itself.

EDIT: Just double-checked. Ticket buyers are apparently supposed to get an email today with refund instructions. If I don’t get it by tomorrow I’ll just call the venue, I guess.

Yup, we are past the 60 day mark since the shows were postponed.  I went to my ticketmaster account, but no refund option available yet.  I submitted a chargeback to my credit card just a minute ago.

• Like 2

I wish I had the option to hang on to my tickets since I had pit at Wrigley. But I copped 'em from a friend who decided he didn't wanna go. I had yet to even pay him for them, so I told him to go ahead and get his refund since we weren't sure what was gonna happen. So now when they announce a new date, I gotta try all over to score pit. it's pit or bust for me.

• Haha 1

I just got an email from ticketmaster.  Here is the following info from that email:

Dear Guns N' Roses Fan and Ticketholder,

We wanted to let you know that the event organizer is working on rebooking a tour for 2021 which includes your event. You will receive another email from us on July 27th with the full details for 2021.

Guns N' Roses
T-Mobile Park
Sunday, August 2nd 2020 at 6PM

Hang on to your tickets - In the next update you receive from us, we'll include information on how to obtain a refund should you be unable to make the new event date. At that time, all fans will be given 30 days to request a refund.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to gathering and celebrating the live experience together again.

Ticketmaster Fan Support

• Like 1