Postponed U.S. Shows - Keep your tix or get refund?

40 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I sent an email to initiate a refund this morning. First email I received in response was that my credit card would be refunded after the 30 day window for all refund requests had closed.

Then later, I got the email with the July 27th announcement, and after the rescheduled date was announced, I'd have 30 days from that point to request a refund.

I fucking hate Ticketmaster, they're just going to drag this refund shit out for as long as possible. The only way I decide to keep my tickets is with a new album release before the rescheduled date in 2021.

Yes TM sucks but it’s all in Axl/TB’s hands.  They are the ones that hold the keys.  A simple “cancelled” announcement is all it takes. We all get refunds and then they are free to announce a new tour at a later date.  

6 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I sent an email to initiate a refund this morning. First email I received in response was that my credit card would be refunded after the 30 day window for all refund requests had closed.

Then later, I got the email with the July 27th announcement, and after the rescheduled date was announced, I'd have 30 days from that point to request a refund.

I fucking hate Ticketmaster, they're just going to drag this refund shit out for as long as possible. The only way I decide to keep my tickets is with a new album release before the rescheduled date in 2021.

Fuck that's bad form TMUK just said ok & even sent me an Email checking if I had my money cant fault them for my experience,

20 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Thanks for posting. See what happens on the 27th then.....but the Dublin venue's 'further update on July 6th' turned out to be totally untrue. Whether that date came from Ticketmaster or was (hopeful) speculation from the venue itself I'm not sure. 

It came from the local promoter MCD, who obviously get their information from the tour promoter. Ticketmaster is not to blame for once. And a venue won't give out information like that, as they have nothing to do with the staging of the show. They just rent out the place.

9 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I wish! but it was very specific wording for North America...! EU dates obviously don't matter you see 🤔

The July 6th announcement mentioned by the irish promoter got delayed, so it very well will have to do with the announcement of the US dates and everything will be announced together.

Edited by PatrickS77

As I've jus said even The Olympics are in limbo for 2021 they have jus said unless there is big changes its getting cancelled so imagine what the promoters are thinking & with cases surging USA & Latin America & yes EU countrys it must be a nightmare at mo

25 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

The July 6th announcement mentioned by the irish promoter got delayed, so it very well will have to do with the announcement of the US dates and everything will be announced together.

Ok, why would it say North America and actually be for the world? Why would only American ticket holders get that email? Simple answer Is because it's intended for them, not the other countries. 

I would love to get an update, but there is absolutely nothing in that email suggesting there's info about Euro dates coming.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

Ok, why would it say North America and actually be for the world? Why would only American ticket holders get that email? Simple answer Is because it's intended for them, not the other countries. 

I would love to get an update, but there is absolutely nothing in that email suggesting there's info about Euro dates coming.

Why would they tell american audiences that dates for Europe will be announced? What american cares about that?? And since the various Ticketmasters in Europe also didn't send out an E-Mail announcing the July 6th announcement, it means nothing that they don't send one out now.

27 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why would they tell american audiences that dates for Europe will be announced? What american cares about that?? And since the various Ticketmasters in Europe also didn't send out an E-Mail announcing the July 6th announcement, it means nothing that they don't send one out now.

What are you on about? You are the one stating the clearly worded US Ticketmaster announcement will be for everywhere, I am saying that makes NO sense. Read over what we've both said, you've gone off course.

But if you think you've read something in that statement, that nobody else can see good for you👍

20 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

What are you on about? You are the one stating the clearly worded US Ticketmaster announcement will be for everywhere, I am saying that makes NO sense. Read over what we've both said, you've gone off course.

But if you think you've read something in that statement, that nobody else can see good for you👍

Fact is, it was stated on the irish promoters website that dates would be announced on July 6th. Since all other irish reschedules are already announced, it isn't unreasonable to assume that the delay is due to the fact that GNR wants to announce all european reschedules at the same time (like major bands do). That didn't happen and got postponed. Ticketmaster USA now states that dates will be annouced for USA on July 27th. It's not unreasonable to assume, that both european and US Dates will be announced by that time and that that is the reason for the hold up on the irish/european dates. That's all. To which you say, it's impossible because they stated in the E-Mail it's "North american" dates, to which I said, that means nothing. It's the same as Brits, who talk about a UK tour, when in fact it's a european tour.

26 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Fact is, it was stated on the irish promoters website that dates would be announced on July 6th. Since all other irish reschedules are already announced, it isn't unreasonable to assume that the delay is due to the fact that GNR wants to announce all european reschedules at the same time (like major bands do). That didn't happen and got postponed. Ticketmaster USA now states that dates will be annouced for USA on July 27th. It's not unreasonable to assume, that both european and US Dates will be announced by that time and that that is the reason for the hold up on the irish/european dates. That's all. To which you say, it's impossible because they stated in the E-Mail it's "North american" dates, to which I said, that means nothing. It's the same as Brits, who talk about a UK tour, when in fact it's a european tour.

Hey anything is possible, but if GNR dates are so inclusive then why was there two separate statements to cancel EU dates and then US dates? Why do all major bands announce their US dates separate, and then announce EU dates separate, Asian dates etc... maybe because all those areas are different and need separate notifications. 

The Irish promoter said July 6th, it was postponed! so as far anything else you said the only thing accurate is when you used the word 'assumed'. You're making assumptions and that's fine, but how many times have fan assumptions lined up with the actual doings of GNR? 

I didn't say it was impossible, I said the email said absolutely nothing about what you're raving about. What you are talking about is your guess at what could potentially happen, we could all throw out guesses and we'd all be wrong. I like to work with the facts when all the facts are clearly given, if it was for the world then EU ticket holders would have been updated by the ticket provider.

19 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Hey anything is possible, but if GNR dates are so inclusive then why was there two separate statements to cancel EU dates and then US dates? Why do all major bands announce their US dates separate, and then announce EU dates separate, Asian dates etc... maybe because all those areas are different and need separate notifications. 

The Irish promoter said July 6th, it was postponed! so as far anything else you said the only thing accurate is when you used the word 'assumed'. You're making assumptions and that's fine, but how many times have fan assumptions lined up with the actual doings of GNR? 

I didn't say it was impossible, I said the email said absolutely nothing about what you're raving about. What you are talking about is your guess at what could potentially happen, we could all throw out guesses and we'd all be wrong. I like to work with the facts when all the facts are clearly given, if it was for the world then EU ticket holders would have been updated by the ticket provider.

We could go back and forth on this until the 27th. We could also just wait and see what happens. Anything is possible is my point.

10 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

We could go back and forth on this until the 27th. We could also just wait and see what happens. Anything is possible is my point.

I agree! so we're agreeing to go back and forth on this until the 27th right? ;) 

So is everyone expecting that there will definitely be some kind of announcement from Live Nation tomorrow about the U.S. tour?  Or is it possible tomorrow comes & goes with no update?  It seems crazy to me that they keep people waiting this long to see if they can possibly get a refund.

1 hour ago, Chewy2 said:

So is everyone expecting that there will definitely be some kind of announcement from Live Nation tomorrow about the U.S. tour?  Or is it possible tomorrow comes & goes with no update?  It seems crazy to me that they keep people waiting this long to see if they can possibly get a refund.

It's Guns N' Roses. So obviously that's a possibility. ;)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chewy2 said:

It seems equally crazy to me that a tour on this scale would be planned and followed through in 2021.

That said, I think we could see an announcement today, but I’ve learned never to expect anything with this band.

3 minutes ago, Stryker said:

It seems equally crazy to me that a tour on this scale would be planned and followed through in 2021.

That said, I think we could see an announcement today, but I’ve learned never to expect anything with this band.

Yeah - rescheduling back in, say, April seemed realistic. It seemed ludicrous that we wouldn't be back to normal within a year. Now they haven't done so yet, it seems somewhat unrealistic. Obviously we don't have any idea of what may happen, but i'm not sure going to the effort of rescheduling only to have it cancelled again is worth it right now? 

Some news will have to come today though, surely, following Ticketmaster's emails.  

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah - rescheduling back in, say, April seemed realistic. It seemed ludicrous that we wouldn't be back to normal within a year. Now they haven't done so yet, it seems somewhat unrealistic. Obviously we don't have any idea of what may happen, but i'm not sure going to the effort of rescheduling only to have it cancelled again is worth it right now? 

Some news will have to come today though, surely, following Ticketmaster's emails.  

Everything is changing so quickly, that I can see this as a way to cover their bases. If everything miraculously clears up in 6-9 months they can go out and tour...if not they can push back another year. But who is realistically holding their tickets and not getting a refund?

• Like 1