Postponed U.S. Shows - Keep your tix or get refund?

16 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

It's just strange that first they don't refund you. Now they tell you that they refund you, but still don't tell you when and if there are new dates. Why do they refund now, but didn't last week? Something must have changed. 

Yeah my thoughts exactly. None of it makes any sense really. Especially from a Europe perspective, where we've heard absolutely nothing. 

• Like 3

I think the tour is technically/officially "postponed".  At the end of the day they (DUH) just want to keep/hold our money...at minimum they will make a lot in interest alone.  Glad they finally offering refunds up, only took all summer.     

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Original said:

I think the tour is technically/officially "postponed".  At the end of the day they (DUH) just want to keep/hold our money...at minimum they will make a lot in interest alone.  Glad they finally offering refunds up, only took all summer.     

Interest is a sticky thing right now, perhaps they make or dont lose some money but its not a good time for investments and likely to get much worse as we continue with Covid

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Interest is a sticky thing right now, perhaps they make or dont lose some money but its not a good time for investments and likely to get much worse as we continue with Covid

101% agree with this 

• Like 1

On 27/7/2020 at 3:49 PM, avahland said:

Source ?
(But I wouldn't be surprised if you are right)

A well known Brazilian Promoter (Flesch) tweeted (is that a word?) some info. Brazil and Argentina are having a really hard time facing covid so it won’t be long til it’s cancelled. 

8 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Just got an email from the venue, Atlanta show is canceled due to scheduling conflicts and I will automatically receive a refund in 5 to 7 days

LOL do they mean that fans are scheduled to be someplace else on the undisclosed date of the show?

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Looks like we know the American dates are gone then. I can't say I'm surprised. With sales as they were, it would have seemed pointless rescheduling them anyway I suppose. 

No news on Europe yet? 

Yeah. Was kinda expecting that. Though unclear why they needed 3 months to come to that realization.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

LOL do they mean that fans are scheduled to be someplace else on the undisclosed date of the show?

Yeah. Was kinda expecting that. Though unclear why they needed 3 months to come to that realization.

That made me laugh! Not sure why 'scheduling conflicts' has been used as the reason when it's glaringly obvious why the dates aren't happening! 

Who knows where the ticket money has been? Something could have waiting to mature in those 3 months to make a decent return.  

15 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Just got an email from the venue, Atlanta show is canceled due to scheduling conflicts and I will automatically receive a refund in 5 to 7 days

"scheduling"🤣 sure thing gnr😉😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

They could put out a new album, and drum up some fucking interest.

Could is a big word in GNR land. Right beside should, soon, hopefully, possibly and don't hold your breath🤣

Glad some people are getting refunds, hopefully EU dates get some soon too... or even a courtesy email update!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

That made me laugh! Not sure why 'scheduling conflicts' has been used as the reason when it's glaringly obvious why the dates aren't happening! 

Who knows where the ticket money has been? Something could have waiting to mature in those 3 months to make a decent return.  

Well, that is a term quite commonly used when acts don't want to admit that their sales went like shit. That never ceases to illicit a giggle. :lol:

Maybe some banker can enlighten us, what the interest would be for holding on to the money for 3 extra months. ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

They could put out a new album, and drum up some fucking interest.

I agree 100%. But a lot of people will just tell you 'a new album won't sell tickets, people only want to hear the hits, no one buys album anymore, if they did new music it wouldn't be as good anyway' blah blah blah. 

Same old shit! 

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Could is a big word in GNR land. Right beside should, soon, hopefully, possibly and don't hold your breath🤣

Glad some people are getting refunds, hopefully EU dates get some soon too... or even a courtesy email update!

And "we are starting to look very seriously into…". :lol::lol:

• Like 1