GN’R Greatest Hits Vinyl - release Sept 25th

It does actually look quite nice.....but fucking hell, more releases of the same old stuff?!? 

Torn between quite wanting it and a personal refusal to support any more attempts to cash in on the past and all-encompassing nostalgia. 

Why add in SOYL at all? If there was a new song completed, surely adding this in there, as a sweetener like most bands do with greatest hits would have been a good idea? If it was a straight re-issue of the old greatest hits, then yeah, ok, nothing new. But if you're changing it anyway...why not make it more appealing? 

Ultimately, I don't really want my money used to support more releases of the same old stuff. I want some fucking change, and every purchase probably fuels the idea that they don't to change. 

21 minutes ago, feli1269 said:

Slash is left handed in the Picture Disc. UMG is so fuckin stupid

Hahahaha! For fuck's sake. What a piece of junk! 

Well at least any speculation about 'Greatest Hits 2' can end now. 

Here's your 2020 release folks. 

Sad thing is, we'll now have to hear how much 'progress is being made', how 'their last release was 2020' and how ungrateful we all are from certain circles now. And how 'if you don't like it you don't have to buy it' of course. 

Maybe I'm too cynical. I should be frothing at the mouth to spend some of my dwindling income on another copy of the same songs on some different plastic. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Those are already on vinyl tho so it doesn’t matter.

Yeah but they aren’t currently in print and haven’t been reissued since they were originally released 

28 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Those are already on vinyl tho so it doesn’t matter.

Yeah but they aren’t currently in print and haven’t been reissued since they were originally released 

7 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Ah ok. Fair enough then!

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Estranged got to number 16 in the US charts.....

The GH tracklist is based off of album-oriented radio, not mainstream radio, from what I understand. The songs are in order of when they charted on AOR, or at least that’s what I was told by someone who’s name isn’t allowed to be said here anymore.

Also, Estranged is just way too long to fit on there.

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The GH tracklist is based off of album-oriented radio, not mainstream radio, from what I understand. The songs are in order of when they charted on AOR, or at least that’s what I was told by someone who’s name isn’t allowed to be said here anymore.

Also, Estranged is just way too long to fit on there.

Thanks. I would question why you would choose to communicate with, let alone trust any information one of those professional wankers would give you though! 

In the recent Guitar World article Im pretty sure Slash mentioned being disappointed that on Live Era there is/was an image of him playing left handed too? :lol:

At least SOYL is at the end of a side, so its easier to hit stop instead of skip it wth my shitty record player. 

Hard Schools lyrics would make it a no brainer for inclusion on a retrospective of the classic era like GH.