Leaks idea.

I still remember when we got the leaks from Chinese Democracy before his release. And Chinese tracks was known almost in a 90%(idk how much exactly) bc of that leaks.

Theres a possibility that we know already all the tracks from the new album.... or not???? What do u think?

Can we believe that Axl-Slash-Duff would create from zero a new Guns N Roses album?? Or just the newGnR (98 to 2015) re-work/remake will emerge from the studio?

Imo.... Axls previous work will have the 50% at least of the new GnR album. 

3 minutes ago, axlvai said:

I still remember when we got the leaks from Chinese Democracy before his release. And Chinese tracks was known almost in a 90%(idk how much exactly) bc of that leaks.

Theres a possibility that we know already all the tracks from the new album.... or not???? What do u think?

Can we believe that Axl-Slash-Duff would create from zero a new Guns N Roses album?? Or just the newGnR (98 to 2015) re-work/remake will emerge from the studio?

Imo.... Axls previous work will have the 50% at least of the new GnR album. 

I honestly believe that there'll be very little of the village sessions

Probably will be unheard CD era songs plus new ones

2 hours ago, vloors said:

I dont think using songs left off gnrs least popular album would be a bright idea. Not commercially anyway.

I would prefer new tunes created off axl/slash/duff chemistry. 

Ive said allot how weird it would be for Slash and Duff to re-record the replacements (pun unavoidable :lol:) work. I maintain that Axl should release a "Chinese Leftovers" type thing with all the work he has completed or wants completed - then be done with a that era and start anew. Not sure how all that would work out but its a better way to go than have Slash and Duff mime Hard School or just trash everything he has worked on before the reunion (though im sure many wouldn't mind :lol:).

26 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Ive said allot how weird it would be for Slash and Duff to re-record the replacements (pun unavoidable :lol:) work. I maintain that Axl should release a "Chinese Leftovers" type thing with all the work he has completed or wants completed - then be done with a that era and start anew. Not sure how all that would work out but its a better way to go than have Slash and Duff mime Hard School or just trash everything he has worked on before the reunion (though im sure many wouldn't mind :lol:).

I have always liked that idea!  Like, release a limited edition physical box set of like "The Chinese Democracy Era '96-'08" with every finished unreleased track and those CD remixes for the hardcore fans.  That way they could have gotten all that material out there and a limited edition run could have provided a small profit without having to worry about a big commercial release selling well, and it would give Guns an opportunity to write together and come up with a vibe that can only truly be created when everyone in the band is there for the writing process of a new album

I think we’ll get a mix, with hardschool being soundchecked and somewhat briefly mentioned by nando that we will defs get that track, atlas i could imagine being in the tracklist but honestly i think they’re making heaps of tracks ready to release like 3 albums at once or something, maybe wishful thinking but no way slash could be saying back in 2016 “we’re working on tracks together”  and 4 years later still doing the same thing unless theyre making heaps of new music

• Like 1

We are getting songs written in 1999 with new guitar tracks a couple of these leaks and a couple unleaked tracks, I'm sure. There is no love or integrity by this lineup, Axl lost that after CD flopped like hell, so IF we get anything he will definitely not add any new ideas to it, plus he can't sing for shit these days and I don't want a whole album of autotune like Rock the Rock. I just wish he was honest that he doesn't give a fuck and it's just a job like Pete Townshend. The NITL tour is a soul less cash grab and it is more lucrative than any album will be. 

Stay Positive

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Higson95 said:

We are getting songs written in 1999 with new guitar tracks a couple of these leaks and a couple unleaked tracks, I'm sure. There is no love or integrity by this lineup, Axl lost that after CD flopped like hell, so IF we get anything he will definitely not add any new ideas to it, plus he can't sing for shit these days and I don't want a whole album of autotune like Rock the Rock. I just wish he was honest that he doesn't give a fuck and it's just a job like Pete Townshend. The NITL tour is a soul less cash grab and it is more lucrative than any album will be. 

Stay Positive

"Stay positive" After the super negative comment! :rofl-lol:

Look, who the hell knows what they will choose! I find it really hard to believe that Slash won't write some riffs and form music... he hasn't released a record with Axl since '93, I think the man has enough pride that he won't just be an auxiliary player. 

I believe Slash is a creative musician and when he gets into a room with other musicians he gets ideas, it's pretty reasonable to believe he has 1) made riffs in soundcheck that have been filed away 2) played a riff in front of Axl that inspired Axl.

The idea that it will be just one or the other, old stuff or scrap the old stuff and focus on new music is crazy. Whatever comes is most likely to have traces of the 90s-00s as well as current material from today. Slash has said he has made riffs, he has also differentiated between his ideas and 'Axls songs'... so there are clearly two heaps of material.

Also, everyone knows GNR toured themselves into the ground with NITL in the name of the almighty dollar! I can't explain that other than they were enjoying playing huge gigs and making a lot of money! they are only human at the end of the day! and how many times do you get a wave that size? They should have used some of that wave to get new music out, they didn't and now they have the task of creating a new wave... let's see how that goes!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The maximum I want from CD is like 1/3 of the record. The other 2 should be revamped unreleased stuff from the old era and new material from the reunion era. Ideal mixture. 

I'd like any combination of new material, new old or anything in between!

9 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I'd like any combination of new material, new old or anything in between!

It's been talked about previously, but anyway, whatever combination it will be, it shouldn't be just CD II re-recorded with Slash and Duff. That would not represent the current chemistry in terms of creativity etc. The record must contain something these three jammed on and created/wrote together. One of the questions is, whether or not has Axl written any new lyrics recently. I hope he has. 

Edit: This is the same reason I didn't want HS as the first official single since 1993, even though I like the song. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

It's been talked about previously, but anyway, whatever combination it will be, it shouldn't be just CD II re-recorded with Slash and Duff. That would not represent the current chemistry in terms of creativity etc. The record must contain something these three jammed on and created/wrote together. One of the questions is, whether or not has Axl written any new lyrics recently. I hope he has. 

The last words from Axl was that he was more interested in what he might write lyrically now, but of course there old songs with lyrics he's attached to too! anyway! I agree!

• Like 1

Remember, tracks that were not on the 2008 album are not necessarily "leftovers" or songs that were not good enough to make that album. We know there are additional "big guns" and no band intending to release multiple albums are going to put all of their best songs from the vault on one CD.

I would be amazed of Slash doesn't write a few new riffs. But this is GNR so I'm only expecting reworked tracks. Though I would like to be surprised by all new material worked on by the band with Hard school and State of Grace thrown in. 

• GNFNR 1

It will be mixed. And if something leaks before the release (which I believe is unavoidable), people will like some unheard track and assume it's from Slash/Duff only to find out it's a Paul Tobias song. :lol:

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Remember, tracks that were not on the 2008 album are not necessarily "leftovers" or songs that were not good enough to make that album. We know there are additional "big guns" and no band intending to release multiple albums are going to put all of their best songs from the vault on one CD.

Indeed. Let's say The General is a really great song and Slash actually improves it like he did with Estranged. Why would you not want this to be released?

And let's not forget, we don't know who wrote what. Maybe Axl himself wrote Hardschool and just brought it to the table to Slash and Duff. This wouldn't be any different than Slash using an old riff idea for a new song.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I actually think they should have emptied all the absolute A grade stuff on to Chinese... it would have shut so many people up, instead of giving people ammo with mediocre songs like Rhiad, Scraped and Catcher. 

I'm sure there was a rationale for why those songs were chosen but that's a long time ago! so hopefully he just gives the absolute best shit this time around!

5 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

It happened before with Better. When it got leaked (before the 2006 tour), people assumed it was a Buckethead song. Back then, it wasn't cool to like anything made by Robin Finck.

Specifically with Tobias though, I'm sure he had a nice pay day with Shadow!

• Like 1