Did GNR and Jeff Beck Ever Hook Up?

7 minutes ago, Snooze said:

I'm referring to the 1992 Paris gig.  I'm wondering if Beck was rescheduled after having to pull out because of illness?  Also, if anyone knows, was Locomotive going to be the song he guested on?  Thanks.

Yeah was going to be Locomotive. He rehearsed it in the afternoon and blew his eardrum I believe so went home. It never happened.  

• Like 1

I think that playing on Duffs solo album was the closest he ever came to them after that?

He suffered tinitus (maybe as a result?). It involves hearing certain frequencies in your ear. And has had to try hard to work around that since.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, soon said:

I think that playing on Duffs solo album was the closest he ever came to them after that?

He suffered tinitus (maybe as a result?). It involves hearing certain frequencies in your ear. And has had to try hard to work around that since.

Ah that's a pity, it would've been killer i feel. 

Thanks for the reply.  

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I don't know if I can put the youtube link but put " warmup locomotive jeff beck guns"  in youtube and u will find it ;)

Yeah man ;) I had just watched it on youtube as i'm on a nostalgia trip right now and wondered if they ever rescheduled for another gig.  My old man paid for the show on Sky TV as a treat so i was on the hunt for the Paris show.

Thanks for the suggestion anyways man!

1 hour ago, soon said:

I have a feeling he would have also joined them elsewhere in the Paris PPV, along with Perry and Tyler for the performance of Train Kept a Rolling. Because Beck was in Yard Birds and Yard Birds played that song.

Good point. It's quite an easy song for multiple guitarists to play on too, as evidenced by that TV clip where there are like 10 famous leads all playing it together.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2020 at 7:27 PM, AxlSlashthebest said:

I don't know if I can put the youtube link but put " warmup locomotive jeff beck guns"  in youtube and u will find it ;)

I've always thought that soundcheck was really terrible. Didn't like his tone and style in that particular song, and it got really messy with Slash also playing leads. Maybe Beck just thought it didn't sound good and felt like not doing it.

8 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I've always thought that soundcheck was really terrible. Didn't like his tone and style in that particular song, and it got really messy with Slash also playing leads. Maybe Beck just thought it didn't sound good and felt like not doing it.

Yeah, was probably a good thing he couldn't actually hear it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I alway felt watching that footage that Jeff beck as good as he is a guitar player looked ever so slightly lost. I hate saying that but that's how he(Jeff beck) looks. 

• Like 1