epiphone les paul

epiphone is the best thing that ever happened to guitars.

i dont know anyone with an IQ higher than 68 that would shell out the cash for a gibson when epiphone has done such a fucking stellar job at recreating their top of the shelf instruments for a fraction of the price. the only difference is the finish. its done with a polyurethane coating and because of that the wood doesnt breath. this does jack shit to the actual sound however.

ive owned a epi j-45 elitist for afew months and write with nothing else because of its magical properties. dirt cheap compared to the gibson.

i also recently picked up an ebony dot for just over 6 canadian and it sounds identical to the gibbie 335 which usually runs between 12 and 15. fuck gibson. epiphone is style.

p633B-67e0bf85c609ca0525c9e9d7e4ff253c.jpg

EPELJ5VSCH.jpg

Edited by This_Guy

518340.jpg

i bought this one a few years ago - quite simply the daddy, foooookin love it. the best decision plus i picked it up for £350. bargain

Looking at the same thing myself, but with just the 2 pickups. On the other hand might get a standard, upgrade the p/ups n chuck the epi's into a Squier Custom Strat or something...

Most likley to be the Custom though...

T_G, I dissagree. A Gibson is waaaay better than an epiphone if you can afford it. I bought myself a Gibson Les Paul Special which I found for a little bit moret han the Epi LP standard. I p[layed the both of em. The Gibson sound and fell was WAY different. It just had a different feel really. I can't explain it. The Epi didnt sit right, but something about the Gibson...It's jsut different. An Epi may look like a Gibson, but when I palyed the two back-to-back, I felt a clear difference.

I think all the Epiphone finishes are exact copies of the Gibson ones. :ph34r: .. but I looked at some sites for you and the Transluscent Amber actually look very different... :unsure:

Epiphone: lpsamber.jpg

nah thats a gold top, i have one but with no scratch plate and open pick ups like Slash's. If you're gonna buy an Epi buy new pups with it aswell cos Epi pups suck. You should get either Gibson burstbucker or Seymour Duncan Pro Humbuckers Alnico II

T_G, I dissagree. A Gibson is waaaay better than an epiphone if you can afford it. I bought myself a Gibson Les Paul Special which I found for a little bit moret han the Epi LP standard. I p[layed the both of em. The Gibson sound and fell was WAY different. It just had a different feel really. I can't explain it. The Epi didnt sit right, but something about the Gibson...It's jsut different. An Epi may look like a Gibson, but when I palyed the two back-to-back, I felt a clear difference.

naturally it felt different.

you wanted to justify your lavish loss of money, so you convinced yourself that it was better.

seriously though, we know that all guitars sound and feel different. there are even noticable differences in identical models made back to back. every instrument has its own soul and voice.

i guess if you feel that an extra thousand dollars means a better buy, then thats cool. im gonna take my saved thousand and look into one and a half new axes though.

and also, i believe theres still to this day, alot of cultural stigmata from gibson purists when it comes to japanese made epiphone. in the 60's and 70's any guitar that wasn't built in the USA was referred to as "cheap japanese crap". naturally those old stereotypes were biased in conception, we all know that japanese craftsmanship is amongst the vangurad of any technology based industry. (along with the germans and swiss)

there are many who would now argue that american made gibson has let its product quality slide quite abit over the past decade or so, and that japanese made instruments are crafted with a certain amount of pride and technical skill that is unsurpassed.

just a thought, because really, to hear my epi dot next to a gibbie 335, or my epi j-45 next to a gibby j-45 blindfolded, i would be very hard pressed to notice the difference.

Edited by This_Guy