epiphone les paul

T_G, I dissagree. A Gibson is waaaay better than an epiphone if you can afford it. I bought myself a Gibson Les Paul Special which I found for a little bit moret han the Epi LP standard. I p[layed the both of em. The Gibson sound and fell was WAY different. It just had a different feel really. I can't explain it. The Epi didnt sit right, but something about the Gibson...It's jsut different. An Epi may look like a Gibson, but when I palyed the two back-to-back, I felt a clear difference.

Don't worry, its called diversity

i guess if you feel that an extra thousand dollars means a better buy, then thats cool. im gonna take my saved thousand and look into one and a half new axes though.

I paid $100 less for my gibson special than I would have for an epi standard, which didnt sound as clear

I think all the Epiphone finishes are exact copies of the Gibson ones.  :ph34r: .. but I looked at some sites for you and the Transluscent Amber actually look very different... :unsure:

Epiphone: lpsamber.jpg

nah thats a gold top, i have one but with no scratch plate and open pick ups like Slash's. If you're gonna buy an Epi buy new pups with it aswell cos Epi pups suck. You should get either Gibson burstbucker or Seymour Duncan Pro Humbuckers Alnico II

i thought gold tops had like alnico p-90 pick ups? this must be the 57 goldtop reissue coz theyre 57class pickups (pretty much the lynyrd skynyrd custom without the writing on the neck)

i guess if you feel that an extra thousand dollars means a better buy, then thats cool. im gonna take my saved thousand and look into one and a half new axes though.

I paid $100 less for my gibson special than I would have for an epi standard, which didnt sound as clear

nice find.

in all honesty, if i found an affordable, used gibby like that i would snap it up in a nanosecond too.

nice find.

in all honesty, if i found an affordable, used gibby like that i would snap it up in a nanosecond too.

Not used. New. The store was cut off by the Gibson company for some reason, so they had all Gibsons 50% off list. I got a LP Special and a marshal amp for all under $800 US

I play an Epi Slash Sig, and I haven't heard a guitar like it. It's awesome and Unless you get an LP standard, you'll be hard pressed to find better sound.

Oddly enough it sounds nothing like Slash's guitar, it actually sounds more like Duane Allman's LP than anything else.

I played that one when I was lookin. It has a great sound, but I go for best combo of sound n feel. I liked the Gibson's feel and sound better. Clean, mine sounds exactly like John Fogerty's on the oldschool Creedence stuff. I played the Fourtunate Sun riff in the store, n everyone turned around n was like "woah. That sounded like Fogerty!" I was like, OK thats the sound I wanted alright.