PHILLY

silverrose721

All I'm going to say is that I hope GNR comes back to Chicago or Cleveland or somewhere around me soon because that was the best concert I've ever seen....and if it is true that the people @ the Philly concert ruined things for themselves, then damn am I laughing at them right now! Hah!  ;D

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Philly people aren't animals.  Philly people realize when a once-firstrate band has degenerated into a disgrace to the music industry that shouldn't even be playing at a dive bar.  It's a shame that many of you don't realize Philly has the BALLS to put an end to the misery that is GnR.

Secondly, think about the repercussions this will have on the band.  The three major radio stations in Philly gave out hundreds of tickets each for the show.  They are owned by Clear Channel, Greater Media, and Infinity; these companies account for the majority of rock radio stations across the nation.

So who wants to bet GnR airtime gets dropped to "lower-than-crap" priority?

Jesus people love to jump to conclusions. Believe what you want, but I was there Friday night. Some of you keep saying "you expect them to play when you are chanting asshole and axl sucks?!" Well just to let you know, these chants didn't start till AFTER we all saw the crew packing up equipment. That's when we knew the band wasn't comin...that's when we started getting up to leave. Yeah I agree that some people were ignorant by throwing sodas, beers and chairs at the stage....but that doesn't make us all animals. The animals were the aggitated drunks they didn't give a fuck. Oh and one more thing, Mix Master Mike got booed because he was on for close to an hour which many people took as an obvious stall for the band. Whether it was a stall or not I don't know. It wasn't Mike's fault but even I was glad to see him get off the stage. Later

Im getting really sick of all these F**k Philly people......lets get a few things straight.

1. Philly did not ruin anything for anyone else.  AXL ROSE ruined it....he is the only one to blame.

2.  Philly fans are animals???? Is that so....you mean to tell me that you all are so naive to believe that in any other city under those same circumstances where they obviously know the band is NOT showing up way in advance, and are made to sit and wait for hours for nothing to even happen........you honestly think that in your cities people wouldnt have goin nuts, and trashed things....THINK AGAIN, you people are so hippocritical and are just looking to point the blame at someone....point the blame at AXL he is the only one to blame here.

3. We as fans in Philly were treated like shit that night by the First Union Center, by the promoter and most importantly by Guns N Roses.  It is there fault shit got out of hand.  And the boos and things did not escalate into chaos until it was announced that the band was not showing up.....there was very minimal stuff throw before that announcement was made.  So all you who say we were booing him and chanting asshole and throwing stuff on the stage....get your facts straight.  And to those who were throwing stuff that early on, they were obviously drunk or had a screw loose and you will always have a few of those...especially GNR fans who have been waiting 9-10 yrs to see them.

PHILLY is not trash, and we are NOT animals.....all you hippocrites who think you are so much better, and your cities wouldnt have done the same thing need to get a serious reality check.

Im getting really sick of all these F**k Philly people......lets get a few things straight.

1. Philly did not ruin anything for anyone else.  AXL ROSE ruined it....he is the only one to blame.

2.  Philly fans are animals? Is that so....you mean to tell me that you all are so naive to believe that in any other city under those same circumstances where they obviously know the band is NOT showing up way in advance, and are made to sit and wait for hours for nothing to even happen........you honestly think that in your cities people wouldnt have goin nuts, and trashed things....THINK AGAIN, you people are so hippocritical and are just looking to point the blame at someone....point the blame at AXL he is the only one to blame here.

3. We as fans in Philly were treated like nuts that night by the First Union Center, by the promoter and most importantly by Guns N Roses.  It is there fault nuts got out of hand.  And the boos and things did not escalate into chaos until it was announced that the band was not showing up.....there was very minimal stuff throw before that announcement was made.  So all you who say we were booing him and chanting not a very nice person and throwing stuff on the stage....get your facts straight.  And to those who were throwing stuff that early on, they were obviously drunk or had a screw loose and you will always have a few of those...especially GNR fans who have been waiting 9-10 yrs to see them.

PHILLY is not trash, and we are NOT animals.....all you hippocrites who think you are so much better, and your cities wouldnt have done the same thing need to get a serious reality check.

Here you go formerGNRfan: http://www.songmeister.com/patrick-fleming/images/photos/farside-christian.jpg ://http://www.songmeister.com/patrick-...-christian.jpg

Enjoy!  ;D

I'm hearing so much BS about how trashed the Philadelphia First Union Center was after the "riots".  I was sitting in the seats directly behind the sound board in section 107a.  As of 10:45 no damage was done to it.  I don't think things were nearly as bad as what's being reported.  Sure, people were pissed off and chanting about Axl.  Chairs were ruined but it could have been a heck of a lot worse.  The smartest thing the FU center did was call the police before making the announcement.  By the time I walked out of the place at 11:15 it was completely surrounded by police.  Although, I did watch a bald headed worker of the venue get smacked in the head with something. ::)  I'm actually suprised that more damage wasn't done!  The FU center is pretty nice a car companies have brand new cars on display.  They could have been smashed.  Anyways, just my thoughts.  I have to laugh at all of the rumors when half of them are probably coming from sources in Omaha or Oregon.

Mark, listen man, you seriosly have some problems.  You give the finger to people just for stating there opinions, and truths for that matter.  I cant believe what type of stuff is said here.  FormerGNRfan has got his facts straight.  Now there is a guy who was there and knows what happened.  Finally there is someone else!  

Oh and one more thing, don't give me the finger again, that is really imature.

ugh..

I'm hearing so much BS about how trashed the Philadelphia First Union Center was after the "riots".  I was sitting in the seats directly behind the sound board in section 107a.  As of 10:45 no damage was done to it.  I don't think things were nearly as bad as what's being reported.  Sure, people were pissed off and chanting about Axl.  Chairs were ruined but it could have been a heck of a lot worse.  The smartest thing the FU center did was call the police before making the announcement.  By the time I walked out of the place at 11:15 it was completely surrounded by police.  Although, I did watch a bald headed worker of the venue get smacked in the head with something.   I'm actually suprised that more damage wasn't done!  The FU center is pretty nice a car companies have brand new cars on display.  They could have been smashed.  Anyways, just my thoughts.  I have to laugh at all of the rumors when half of them are probably coming from sources in Omaha or Oregon.

1st of all, i was sittin up high in the back, i had the view of the entire arena, i saw wat was goin on

2nd of all, should have done more?? now ugh, im just pissed off... i know it wasnt smart to not tell the audience that the show had been cancelled, n mayb they were waiting for the police to arrive b4 they announced it, but ppl, i know its upsetting but wat will destroying stuff accomplish? n sayin that u did nothing wrong n sayin that u should have done more just proves how wild these ppl r, smashing cars? ...WTF...??

n now the entire tour is cancelled, thanks, u can say its not ur fault but wait until u hear the whole TRUE story b4 u jumpt to conclusions n have to pay for ur actions

now no1 can enjoy them

im just glad i got to c them (n dont gimme any BS that im only sayin this stuff bc i already got to c them), best d*mn show ive ever seen too... n i know if i had had tickets to one of the shows that r now cancelled id b throwin a sh*t fit

If I were Axl, I'd be packin' a 357 under my jersey next time I go to Philly!! PEOPLE IN PHILLY HAVE NO PATIENCE!!! It's not Axl's fault for canceling the show!! I wouldn't perform for a bunch of animals either, if I were him. You can get your money back so why the big fuss?I know you waited a long time to see GN'R back in action. Well........because of your stupidity and childish tantrums of rioting, you'll now have to wait even longer. The performance of GN'R is so outstanding, it's just too bad you f**ked up to make their promoter cancel.

Kinslayer: I don't give people the finger because of their opinions.  It's just that they're defending Philly or are from Philly.  And I now officially despise of Philly.  Never really liked it to begin with.  The general public in Philly is very impatient.  Obnoxious as well.  I just hate Philly.  And Philly fans are animals for the most part.  It's a known fact.  They cheered at an Eagles game when ex-Cowboys wide receiver Michael Irvin sustained a career-ending spinal cord injury.  They threw f-cking batteries at Cardinals outfielder JD Drew just because he didn't want to sign with the Phillies in his rookie season.  And for f-ck's sake, they booed Santa Clause.  Not  animals, huh?  Ha!

Sherlock & Sparkle: You guys are f-cking great  ;D

Not to mention philly was the 1st NFL staduim in the US to have a full working court and jail in the basement do to the fans being out of control.  You get arrested, sentenced and do jail time on the spot.  Not saying all philly is bad, there are some good peeps in philly, but there are some real losers there too that like to destroy things.

found something new on a bootleg video site

"This recording was taken from the Brazilian broadcast.

This is the second show for the new Guns N' Roses lineup & debuts the new song Madagascar. Axl talks about his former band members & says how they did everything could to make sure he wouldn't perform anymore & unlike Oasis, they couldn't find a way to all get along."

oo, thos at the msg show, during the "show us ur boobies" game did u c the "love u axl!, fuck slash!" sign? yea i know who was holding it up (no not me lol), well when it was held up n shown on the screen during the game every1 cheered lol, n during the concert she was holding it up n axl gave it a big smile     ;D

they should have played that game at the philly show, mayb that would have kept them a little tamer n entertained